Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I finished my 7-day trial……(Edit) Bought the game

Comments

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    t0nyd said:
    Kyleran said:
    As I understand it, the original game (i.e. the KR, JP and RU servers) has the PK start at level 50 instead of the level 46 in the EU/NA servers. On top of that, the original servers had an optional quest at level 50 which you needed to complete to enter PK. That quest has been removed from the EU/NA servers.
    And it was indeed the most stupid decision ever.
    This.88th
    A PvPer looks for challenges and fights other PvPers.
    A ganker is a coward praying on the weak and fleeing as soon as there's serious competition.
    Definitely this.

Sector13 said:Yes
    A PvPer looks for challenges and fights other PvPers.
    A ganker is a coward praying on the weak and fleeing as soon as there's serious competition.
    Ganking is PvP, so a ganker is a PvPer. There is no term for an honorable PvPer. 
    Yes, a ganker is a PVPer also most likely a sociopath, asshat, and generally the type of person I don't associate with in game.

Honorable PVPers are my crowd, I think the term would be "normal"
      I don't know why they added rpg to mmo. No one roleplays and when you do they call you a sociopath or griefer. I used to invent little stories based upon the characters that I made. Back in vanilla wow I made a druid and I pretended that southshore was my home. I never advanced that druid beyond level 30. I just roamed that area killing any and every horde within 10 levels of me. I loved going cat form and sneaking into a group trying to kill one then escape. Fun times.

I hate to say it but rpg should be removed from these games titles. No one roleplay and when they do its the same ole "I am the hero of this story". I Wil ignore the other 5 mil other hero. I slayed the dragon  like the  5 mil players before me. I am special. Oh you killed me ruining my specialness. You must look for weak easy targets you sociopath griefer, but I am the hero that slayed the dragon and I'm special.
    You are taking the RPG of MMORPG out of context.  That RPG does not stand for players taking it upon themselves to RP, it stands for players role playing a character as that character progresses through an in-game storyline.  You are not required to be a "roleplayer" to engage in that content, you just have to develop and progress your character through the story line.  There is a distinct difference.

xpowderx said:
    Feel bad for those players who bought into this game.
    The game's servers are crowded and the game's players are not only enjoying themselves but many of them are loving the game.  To many it is the best game they've played in a very long time. Many of us actually feel sorry for those of you who are not able to enjoy this wonderful game.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    xpowderx said:
    *sits on chair* *grabs notepad*
    Please @xpowderx  lie down on my couch
    "So tell me why do you feel bad "

Show me where the devs touched you......

Really feeling bad for other people enjoying a game that have refused to listen to a small % of the players who have played the game not like it..
    Ask yourself this about the post who hates the game, if he hates it that bad why was he 

A - Still playing the game whilst writing the post saying he hate the game
    and
    B - Why would you play a game and grind your way to level 55 if you hate it, i hate sprouts i dont eat a plate full then announce i hate it... I ate one years ago, put the rest in bin and not had any since...

Thats what makes me laugh about the people who go on about how bad this is, they have / are playing it, but everyone is entitled to like or not like the game, but dont ever feel sorry for the (guesstimate) 90% of players who bought the game and are enjoying / have enjoyed playing it.
    Feel sorry for those that are so closed minded they wont even try something before announcing that they are sorry ....

Leave you with a famous poem

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost
    Than never to have loved at all.

and this should be re-worded for the 21st MMO player

"I hold it true, whate'er class;
    I feel it, when sorrow most;
    'tis better to have leveled and lost
    than never to have leveled at all.

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    And here I thought many players did not like this game.  I dont really play Asian remakes unless its the newest installment of Final Fantasy.  Or perhaps Aion.  But am waiting on Camelot Unleashed =)
  • WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited April 2016
    Quazal.A said:
    xpowderx said:

Really feeling bad for other people enjoying a game that have refused to listen to a small % of the players who have played the game not like it..
    Ask yourself this about the post who hates the game, if he hates it that bad why was he 

and
    B - Why would you play a game and grind your way to level 55 if you hate it, i hate sprouts i dont eat a plate full then announce i hate it... I ate one years ago, put the rest in bin and not had any since...

Thats what makes me laugh about the people who go on about how bad this is, they have / are playing it, but everyone is entitled to like or not like the game, but dont ever feel sorry for the (guesstimate) 90% of players who bought the game and are enjoying / have enjoyed playing it.
    Feel sorry for those that are so closed minded they wont even try something before announcing that they are sorry ....

Truth be told, I only continue playing Black Desert because I've paid Daum for the product. It would be completely wasteful if I quit now. I begrudgingly play every day, wondering if the game is going to get better or worse. I honestly fear the future of NA BDO.

If Daum updates it and fixes things correctly, BDO can be the most amazing MMO in existence. If Daum wants to continue filling their pockets, it'll be another MMO flushed down the toilet because the publisher didn't actually care about the game itself. And even if I play BDO with my guild, trying to look past all the flaws that make it unfun, it doesn't change the mechanics that I've stated in my initial post which makes Black Desert an unenjoyable experience. 

No, I don't agree with xpowderx accusing Black Desert of being bad just because he heard "things" about the game. But I do feel that Black Desert is being turned into a bad MMO by the company publishing the game. 
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,070
    xpowderx said:
    Don't feel bad for us, for every one of you there are 10 people enjoying it.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    xpowderx said:
    And here I thought many players did not like this game.
    That's because the shiny hasn't worn off. As soon as it does, the threads here will be very different.

If you go back and read through the BDO sub-forum, the cracks are already starting to appear. Let me put on my big surprise face.

edited April 2016
    Quazal.A said:
    xpowderx said:

and

Truth be told, I only continue playing Black Desert because I've paid Daum for the product. It would be completely wasteful if I quit now. I begrudgingly play every day, wondering if the game is going to get better or worse. I honestly fear the future of NA BDO.

You begrudgingly play the game? Lol.  Save us the drama please.  I'll admit the game has its flaws but its positives far outweigh its negatives, and thats why the servers are all crowded with the vast majority enjoying the game.  Everything you mentioned i consider petty minor inconveniences. All games have those in one form or another. That said, it is understood the game is not for everyone. No game is.

Have you ever considered that perhaps BDO is simply not for you?  There is no shame in that. Just accept it and move on.  Begrudgingly playing a game that you are not enjoying simply because you payed for it is a poor excuse.  You obviously find the game enjoyable or you would otherwise still not only be  playing it, but forking over even more money for its extras.

You begrudgingly play the game? Lol.  Save us the drama please.  I'll admit the game has its flaws but its positives far outweigh its negatives, and thats why the servers are all crowded with the vast majority enjoying the game.  Everything you mentioned i consider petty minor inconveniences. All games have those in one form or another. That said, it is understood the game is not for everyone. No game is.

Have you ever considered that perhaps BDO is simply not for you?  There is no shame in that. Just accept it and move on.  Begrudgingly playing a game that you are not enjoying simply because you payed for it is a poor excuse.  You were obviously enjoying it otherwise you wouldn't have forked over even more money for the extras.
    You're acting just like every other "Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" person on the BDO forum. I must be dramatic because I've stated my reasoning for disliking the game after my own experiences. And of course, your first reaction is to tell me to quit the game. Your mindset is absolutely detrimental to Black Desert NA's future. If Daum told their players to like it or lump it, a LOT of people would immediately quit. Since Daum has an opportunity to fix the cash shop and poor mechanics they've implemented, there's a possibility to undo the damage because the game is fresh.  

Petty minor inconvenience.. can you tell me which of the things I've stated are petty and minor? Can you go into detail as to what can be fixed and the solution? Can you tell me what you disagree with instead of lumping my entire experience into the trash? You must've heard a Lot of different complaints already to be that offended and sick of my opinion.
    edited April 2016

You're acting just like every other "Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" person on the BDO forum. I must be dramatic because I've stated my reasoning for disliking the game after my own experiences. And of course, your first reaction is to tell me to quit the game. Your mindset is absolutely detrimental to Black Desert NA's future. If Daum told their players to like it or lump it, a LOT of people would immediately quit. Since Daum has an opportunity to fix the cash shop and poor mechanics they've implemented, there's a possibility to undo the damage because the game is fresh.  

Petty minor inconvenience.. can you tell me which of the things I've stated are petty and minor? Can you go into detail as to what can be fixed and the solution? Can you tell me what you disagree with instead of lumping my entire experience into the trash? You must've heard a Lot of different complaints already to be that offended and sick of my opinion.

You're going to make me work harder than I would like to, but I suppose I owe you a response given I've questioned your post.

Let's take it paragraph by paragraph, shall we?  (I had to brake it up into two posts due to post character limits).

"Black Desert definitely has issues that make the game unenjoyable.  As you continue playing, these issues will begin snowballing into big problems and you'll start wondering why you purchased the game. I'll give you a few examples."

Most deaths on Black Desert will make you lose 1% of your experience. These deaths will come from pvp, monsters dealing 60% of your health in damage on hit (two hits = death), and then there are times where you respawn to the nearest node and monsters will attack you at respawn. I can't even look at the BDO forums or mmorpg.com after I respawn because I find myself dead when I look away from my client for a moment. If it's not monsters leashing into respawn, it's people pking me because the pvp system adheres to griefing. There's also the autopath system that is COMPLETELY broken and it runs into walls, monsters, scenery without the slightest bit of intelligence. You'll find yourself dead as often as you would in Dark Souls. And 1% of experience doesn't sound like a lot, right? It's actually a huge loss and can range from 10 minutes to hours wasted depending on your character's level. I personally lost 2% just writing this response.

The above is simply the penalty instilled in the game for dying.  Many of us have been waiting a long time for a game that put some sort of significance behind dying.  If you think this is bad, you wouldn't have lasted a day in classic MMORPGs of old.  If you respawn to a node and monsters attack you, you move away and attack back.  Pay attention!  Is it the game's fault that you look away, or are looking at the BDO forums instead of paying attention to the game? Heck, the game even gives you an option to respawn to the closest node or the nearest town.  There are gobs of people coming on this and other forums saying that BDO is not worth playing because combat is a breeze and not challenging enough.  Your above paragraph contradicts that. Is BDO combat a challenge, or is it a breeze?  Which one is it, it can't be both.  Regarding auto-path, once again, if you are paying attention you wont run into walls.  And if it's really giving you that much trouble, don't use it! 

*and now for the real problems*

You can kill 4 players and still be considered lawful on Black Desert. If you want to pk more people and still be lawful, you go kill monsters for 30 minutes and regain all of your lost karma. There is no pk count -- just a number entitled "karma" that ranges from 300,000 to -900,000 and reduces by -60,000 every time you kill a player. So killing 4 players will still leave you blue, which means most pkers will never see the detriment of being an actual pker. This means that you can freely pk whoever you want as long as you can do basic math.

From a PvE standpoint, I agree with your perspective above.  However, if you are a PvP player you see no problem with it.  Both PvE and PvP players have a problem with the karma mechanic in BDO as it is now. Personally, I am for consensual PvP, but others disagree.  The system as it plays, is highly subjective. Neither side of the PvE/PvP are in favor of it for different reasons.  Changes are coming.  They may be for the better, could be for the worse.  We just have to see how it plays out.

The pvp system is all about your level and gear. If you're fighting a player that's 1 level above you, you're going to find it very difficult to kill them unless you've got another player with you. Suddenly you start dealing reduced damage to people who outlevel you and it's very noticeable. There's also a hidden accuracy attribute that comes into play mostly when people and monsters outlevel you -- you have immense difficulty hitting them. 

Again, perspective and highly subjective.  An argument could be made that the above systems equalizes PvP and makes it fair for those not possessive of good twitch ability and skills to compete in BDO.  Why? because combat is highly gear dependent meaning that those who work the hardest to attain the best gear will have the advantage.  That's as it should be in an MMORPG.  Progression through character and gear development is at the very core of MMORPG game play.  There are other video game genres, namely FPSs and MOBAs, that are not gear and level dependent, that do competitive PvP much better than MMORPGs.  If that is what you seek, play those. That equilibrium is very hard to attain in an MMORPG.  Quit trying to make an MMORPG what it is not. 

Post edited by LacedOpium on
    edited April 2016
    .... continued .....

Melee classes have a large disadvantage on Black Desert because melee classes lack range. Black Desert allows all classes to equip any piece of armor regardless of your class. There's no soft armor, there's no detriment to being a wizard or ranger or sorceress, there's no valid reason to roll a melee class. This highly comes into play when fighting World Bosses. Melee classes cannot deal nearly as much damage as a long range class because World Bosses are designed to one shot everything. Even if you have maxed enchantment on gear and you're level 55 (a huge grind), you'll almost always find yourself dead after being hit once by a World Boss. So now consider the loss of 1% on death and that you're going to repeatedly die to this type of monster -- do you understand now? Of course this entire problem can be fixed with balancing the game, Black Desert NA was released over a month ago and there's no talk of change. There's actually less and less communication with the community as time goes on.

The simple answer to this is, then play a range class.  The classes in BDO differ in their advantages.  That's a good thing.  Rock, paper, scissors.  Some classes are better at some things that others are not, and vice versa.  Pick one that fits your play style and find enjoyable and have fun with it.  Quit worrying about what other players are doing and what they have that you don't.  It's an MMORPG, not an FPS.  Classes shouldn't all have equal abilities.  Their differences is what encourages group play.  Pick your class and play it. Besides, BDO is largely about group PvP, not 1v1 PvP. Bring a friend to equalize your weaknesses.  Think outside of the box.  BDO is different.  Revel in its differences.

The cash shop gives bonuses on every costume you purchase. If you're spending money on the game, you'll find yourself becoming slightly more powerful with each purchase which creates an ever expanding gap between paying and non-paying players. This also creates a social divide in the community on Black Desert because the paying customers highly enjoy the benefits they get from paying for cash shop items, and non-paying customers get left in the dirt. I'm talking serious superiority complex and flaming/bashing of players who want to see a fair Black Desert -- wanting cash shop items to be only aesthetic = you're the devil. Since the publishing company for Black Desert NA has whale customers, they can continue selling more benefits for cash which means increasing power gap further. There's currently a cash shop costume called the "Ghillie Suit" which completely hides your identity from other players who can see you on their screen. There's also a consumable item called the "Elion's Tear" which nullifies experience loss on death -- these can be purchased for .50 cents each. 

To stay competitive on Black Desert, not only do you need to invest a ton of time grinding, but you'll also need to dish out money to stay on that level. I've paid for $60 dollars in cash shop pearls that only amounted to +300 carry increase, 30 inventory slot expansions, and maybe a pet. Not to mention I already paid $50 for the initial game. If you calculate the necessary money to receive all non-consumable benefits, you need around $200 dollars in cash shop purchases to get the costumes and pets and inventory/carry expansions. 

I won't even validate any CS complaints with a response.  BDO's cash shop is one of the least, if not the least, P2W cash shops in the entire MMORPG market.  All of the items are nothing but items of conveniences that could be attained in game with a bit more effort. Anyone having a problem with BDO's CS is just being petty.  Period.

So there you go.  You asked for it, I gave it to you.

/L2P.  
    Post edited by LacedOpium on
    edited April 2016
    The simple answer to this is, then play a range class.  The classes in BDO differ in their advantages.  That's a good thing.  Rock, paper, scissors.  Some classes are better at some things that others are not, and vice versa.  Pick one that fits your play style and find enjoyable and have fun with it.  Quit worrying about what other players are doing and what they have that you don't.  It's an MMORPG, not an FPS.  Classes shouldn't all have equal abilities.  Their differences is what encourages group play.  Pick your class and play it. Besides, BDO is largely about group PvP, not 1v1 PvP. Bring a friend to equalize your weaknesses.  Think outside of the box.  BDO is different.  Revel in its differences.

And my cash shop purchases of carry weight increase, inventory expansion, etc are bound to my melee character. So I begrudgingly login to play my class that's gimped. 

"So pay more money to start a new character"

nah.

I won't even validate any CS complaints with a response.  BDO's cash shop is one of the least, if not the least, P2W cash shops in the entire MMORPG market.  All of the items are nothing but items of conveniences that could be attained in game with a bit more effort. Anyone having a problem with BDO's CS is just being petty.  Period.

So selling power for money is okay as long as they tone it down. Gotcha. I understand your definition of fair fight.

The above is simply the penalty instilled in the game for dying.  Many of us have been waiting a long time for a game that put some sort of significance behind dying.  If you think this is bad, you wouldn't have lasted a day in classic MMORPGs of old.  If you respawn to a node and monsters attack you, you move away and attack back.  Pay attention!  Is it the game's fault that you look away, or are looking at the BDO forums instead of paying attention to the game? Heck, the game even gives you an option to respawn to the closest node or the nearest town.  There are gobs of people coming on this and other forums saying that BDO is not worth playing because combat is a breeze and not challenging enough.  Your above paragraph contradicts that. Is BDO combat a challenge, or is it a breeze?  Which one is it, it can't be both.  Regarding auto-path, once again, if you are paying attention you wont run into walls.  And if it's really giving you that much trouble, don't use it! 

Which game of old? Ultima Online? Lineage 1? Everquest? One of the hundred korean p2w failures perhaps?  I've been mmo gaming for 20+ years and I've experienced tons of different goods/bad in the history of mmo development. Tell me more about how I should get eaten up in older games that I've played and flourished before. I'm sure your opinion invalidates my points because you're such a veteran of the mmo industry. You must know better.

The point I made about node respawns is that they sometimes put you in the vicinity of aggressive monster, which is odd since it's a RESPAWN point. So you end up respawning next to NPCs with absolutely no monsters around you, but then suddenly an archer or ranged enemy will walk a great distance out of his respected zone to kill you. My belief is that there are many bugged respawn points because Black Desert has tons of different bugs and issues that they've slowly been fixing. Just like how the tamer's pet can't be killed by any flying monster, and that bug still exists on NA even though I experienced it on RU half a year ago. But you're telling me that I should accept this most likely bugged feature because "the game should be difficult" and "you should enjoy how death means something in black desert".

Since Elion's Tears can be purchased for .50 cents each and there's no cooldown or maximum usage in a day, etc, it's completely abusable. Since you believe Black Desert deserves to be difficult, why do you want the penalty of death to be nullified through cash? 

And when did I ever say BDO's combat is a breeze? I sure as hell didn't contradict myself because those words never came out of my mouth / I never typed it.
    Post edited by WoeToTheVanquished on
    edited April 2016
    LacedOpium said:

And my cash shop purchases of carry weight increase, inventory expansion, etc are bound to my melee character. So I begrudgingly login to play my class that's gimped. 

"So pay more money to start a new character"

nah.

LacedOpium said:

So selling power for money is okay as long as they tone it down. Gotcha. I understand your definition of fair fight.
    Yes, or you know, you can not pay money and increase your LT through strength conditioning, and acquire inventory expansions by completing quests, etc., in game.  That's what I've done and I don't consider myself gimped in the least.  It's all on you.  Stop blaming the game for your laziness or unwillingness to put in the extra effort.  

Regarding your edit ... show me where BDO sells power.  All of BDO's CS items are items of convenience.  None of them grant a player power.  There is a difference.
    edited April 2016
    Please stop editing and adding stuff to a post of which I've already posted a response. That makes it hard to keep track of and respond to.  Just complete a new post.  Posts are free.  They don't charge to create posts on this forum.

Regarding the gist of your post.  I am in my early twenties.  I don't claim to be a veteran.  I just play games at leisure.  When I mentioned games of old, It was in reference to their death penalty systems.

Regarding your "dying in game" crisis ... you are aware that you are given an option to either respawn at the nearest node or town?  I strongly suggest that in your case, you begin using the "nearest town" option.

edited April 2016
    Yes, or you know, you can not pay money and increase your LT through strength conditioning, and acquire inventory expansions by completing quests, etc., in game.  That's what I've done and I don't consider myself gimped in the least.  It's all on you.  Stop blaming the game for your laziness or unwillingness to put in the extra effort.  

Regarding your edit ... show me where BDO sells power.  All of BDO's CS items are items of convenience.  None of them grant a player power.  There is a difference.
    Sure. Unfortunately, the cash shop doesn't put full descriptions on items, but let's talk about each bonus you can purchase.

All outfits give 10% extra experience on kill to the wearer. This information is not added to the description of the purchase but it's part of the costume. Let's also not forget the ghillie suit which adds a completely new mechanic to your character. The only way to use this invisibility mechanic is to purchase the ghillie suit. 

And this is what it's like to fight people wearing the ghillie suit:
    http://imgur.com/juGCuqt
    Completely anonymizing your character so you can't be identified.

Underwear goes into its own equippable slot. All underwear add +1 luck which increases your drop rate.

The glasses are the least useful purchase since knowledge is easily obtainable, but I'm also not sure if these increase chances at higher knowledge. IE: it may be easier to receive S+ rank when wearing these, and S+ knowledge would increase drop rates on monsters also.

The elion's tear restores your lost experience on death, while also resurrecting you on the spot in which you died. Absolutely unfair advantage for anyone who wishes to drop infinite amounts of whale dollars into the game.

You can purchase all 3 weight icreases for $30.00 (almost). This would increase your carrying capacity by 300 LT. I'm currently level 52 with these increases + a loyalty weight increase and I can carry 830 LT. So if we took away the 300 LT I purchased, I would only be able to carry 530 LT. That's an IMMENSE increase of carrying capacity, and I honestly could not see myself balancing gameplay with such a low amount. I don't see this as gamebreaking or overly powerful, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to play without it.

Also, you know how you said I could just train strength to increase my carrying capacity? The max level for strength is 30. You obtain at most 60 LT for maxing strength. You get 300 LT for paying cash money $$$. And they all stack, buddy.

You can only quest unlock +/-30 inventory slots at the moment. You can have a max of 120 inventory slots, I believe. So purchasing these are necessary because you'll run out of space every day. There are probably +/-1000 different items in BDO -- especially if you're crafting. 

You can have up to 3 pets in use at once. Each pet picks up items for you, they all have different abilities, and now you can breed pets together which converts two pets into one that has extra features. So this is another $30ish dollars if you're not including breeding. 

The sale of power comes from unloading your wallet on Black Desert and receiving all of these benefits. Do you honestly believe that you're equivalently as powerful as a player who didn't buy the above items? And I only showed the stuff that I felt give you character benefits -- not account benefits like housing items (which also have a housing score benefit that #1 players receive)
    Post edited by WoeToTheVanquished on
    edited April 2016
    Ok, so let's recap, shall we?

1. 10% experience gain
    2. Xp negation and resurrection upon death
    3. +1 gathering luck
    4. Hides your name from others
    5. + % to gain S rank (unverified)
    6. Weight limit increase, and
    7. Extra inventory slots

All items of convenience.  With many of them readily attainable by players in game with a little extra effort.  Let's go into each a little deeper ...

1. If the experience gain grants power and advantage then every game is P2W because players who are able to play the game 10 - 12 hours a day will always out-experience players who only have 2-3 hours to play each day, if that.

2. XP negation and resurrection does not negate death itself, or the fact that one must resurrect, or the fact that your opponent lost.  You still die, you still loose, you still resurrect.  None of those are negated.  All the tear does is allows for those who died/lost to recover XP and resurrect "faster."  Why should it matter to you if your opponent was able to limit their XP loss or resurrect quicker?  You still won.  If they come back you spank them again, and again, and again.  

3. +1 gathering luck.  Who cares?  Of course, you would. /smh

4.  Treant Suit.  Camouflages and hides an opponents name.  All this accomplishes is a strike first advantage.  Its an OWPvP game.  Regardless of the Treant Suit, more often than not the scenario will always boil down to "sometimes they see you first, sometimes you see them first."  In an OWPvP world, the motto should always be to be on your toes and to be prepared to be attacked at all times.  This is no different than PvP-centric players, not wearing a Treant Suit, ganking unsuspecting PvE centric players.  Now if you're argument is that ganking of PvE is a problem in BDO, thats an ongoing debate in the BDO forums as we speak.  Let's wait and see how it plays out.

5.  +% to gain S rank.  How does this affect you in any way?  Yes, of course it does. /smh

6.  Weight limit increase.  Convenience for the lazy.  Don't pay and gain it in game.

7.  Extra inventory slots.  Convenience for the lazy.  Don't pay and gain them in game.

Please point out which of those grant a player power?  

The keyed answer is none.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,249
    edited April 2016
    I ended up buying the game after a few days. Honestly for now it's fun and I've blown more on games I play less on steam. Mostly I like the life skills and have been leveling slowly since I've mostly been focused on fishing and farming and a bit of crafting. Also been doing a few fetch missions in and around Heidel where I have shops ect. IDK it's not a bad game if you like the micro-management stuff. I started out with like one basic carrot and one sunflower, now I have like 4 fields or TC products. 

There really isn't any other game like it currently; and it reminds me a lot of the fun I had in SWG. I hope Daum knows they may have a gold mine in this game; I see bright future if they can get the minor issues sorted out within the year.
    Post edited by Tiller on
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Tiller said:

Disclaimer: (read it, comment or don’t I don’t care. It’s just my current opinion and may change in the future. You don’t have to agree)

I am not entirely sold on this game. It really is a love-hate thing for me.

It was interesting and fun at times; but to be honest something about it seems rushed and unfinished. Perhaps it’s the fact that many of the features from the Korean version are not yet implemented.  Quests are there, but barely, and they really do not attempt to sell you on the lore of the game to get you really hooked in the beginning. What story is there feels really detached. I had to watch a video on youtube to understand a lot of the lore.

I’m also kind of worried about the lack of game support. Is anyone at the helm over there at Daum Games? It’s like they must be running a skeleton crew. Ticket responses are slow, and do not ask in chat as it’s like playing Russian Rolette with the answer you get. You might get nothing, or you might get shot in the fucking face for asking xD. I watched it happen many times in chat and felt bad for the people asking, but I couldn’t help them  being new myself and not knowing the answer,  so I just decided to turn chat off so I wouldn’t be a witness to whatever was going on there xD. It’s the internet so trolls are expected, just seems pretty bad in this game at the moment.

The game has multiple personalities: Is it a PvP centric game? Is it a sandbox PvE game? Is it a PvPvE game? It doesn’t do any of it super well so I can see the confusion.

Honestly it’s not the best PvP game I have ever played. Stuff is really still unbalanced and not fun and I imagine if and when they fix it people who were playing OP ranged classes will have hurt feelings over nerfs ect and leave; oh and Warrior sucks to play in PvP. Tanky? Uh not really.

BDO really does not do PvE super well for me either. It feels all over the top at times…and I never really feel like it was a close fight with anything I take on. Satisfyingly close battles? I think not. Nothing in the game world feels threatening, hence why they attempt to fall back on the PK crutch, which is a terrible idea in a Western MMO btw. Sometimes it felt like I was playing wack-o-mole with a weed eater; which can be fun for a while, till you realize 2 hours later nothing has been a challenge. It’s like saying mowing lawns is fun… it’s always the same. At least we know Warrior is a great pve tank.

I would say it does micro-management sim decently. Sad part is most people who love those kinds of games would never touch PvP with a 10 foot pole and are leaving this game fast; hence all the bickering on the forums.

It kinda reminded me of swg, yet not. One thing I loved about SWG was the diversity…some of my best friends were crafters and it made the game feel like a close knit community, something I guess people do not want here, missed opportunity on that one.

PvE players say, “I just want to craft and fish and be left alone”. PvP-Pks  say “wtf n00b, this isn’t the game for that. GTFO and go play Hello Kitty Online ---leave”.

What does Daum do? Nothing really. Why so timid Daum?  It’s like they invited a bunch of frat boys along with the book club geeks all to the same party then ran to hide in their room so they didn’t have it witness the chaos that would ensue.

Knock knock…hey Daum..you do know the frat boys have shit all over you house and have all the book club geeks tied up and are now beer bonging them with urine right?

It’s almost like they have no experience running an MMO or community sites otherwise they would squash that bickering shit fast. 

Not sure why people feel so strongly about at least putting pve players on a separate server so they can have their peace and so they don’t have to listen to them complain about being killed, but I guess running them all off and having less people playing is a better option for them?  Sure it gives you a laugh for a sec wtflolrollin some poor squishy girl named Becky tending to her wheat field; but that player might just never come back to the game over something as simple as that. You as a PvP-PKr will move on to the next game once the novelty of this game wears off. Daum doesn’t seem too keen on that one.

“Line our pockets with money; we’ll sort it out later”

They would be stupid not to cater to a larger player base but whatever; it’s just another Korean grinder imho.

Anyways I liked the game based on what I played of it despite what I stated as shortcomings (it has potential), but I’m a little worried it might get boring fast since there isn’t enough to keep me vested in it more than a month. I don’t see that being worth the money for me at this time.  I also can’t help but feel this is just another FOTM game everyone is playing till something else comes along; but hey I would be wrong. In the end I won’t be me making the buy on this game….. right now, but I will keep an eye on it and may consider buying it in the future.  

I never get the issue that people have with the 'story' thing.

Every day when you walk outside, what deliberately written story is there for you to follow? Me, I go outside and craft my own story in life - it's what I make it. Only I am responsible for my entertainment, no-one else.

i haven't read a single line of text in the game that I didn't need to because I am out in the world doing what I enjoy. I don't need a back story for it as I'm making my own fun. You should try it.
    edited April 2016
    Also OP, you've played for 7 days. How many tickets have you had to open for Gods sake? After 5 weeks I haven't opened any yet? You're quick to judge I'd say.

Me and after 7 days you are doing PvP and enough of it to judge too. I'm still level 23 and am having a blast with all the PvE stuff and exploring and crafting. Sounds like you were in a hurry.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Kane72 said:
    Tiller said:

Disclaimer: (read it, comment or don’t I don’t care. It’s just my current opinion and may change in the future. You don’t have to agree)

I am not entirely sold on this game. It really is a love-hate thing for me.

It was interesting and fun at times; but to be honest something about it seems rushed and unfinished. Perhaps it’s the fact that many of the features from the Korean version are not yet implemented.  Quests are there, but barely, and they really do not attempt to sell you on the lore of the game to get you really hooked in the beginning. What story is there feels really detached. I had to watch a video on youtube to understand a lot of the lore.

I’m also kind of worried about the lack of game support. Is anyone at the helm over there at Daum Games? It’s like they must be running a skeleton crew. Ticket responses are slow, and do not ask in chat as it’s like playing Russian Rolette with the answer you get. You might get nothing, or you might get shot in the fucking face for asking xD. I watched it happen many times in chat and felt bad for the people asking, but I couldn’t help them  being new myself and not knowing the answer,  so I just decided to turn chat off so I wouldn’t be a witness to whatever was going on there xD. It’s the internet so trolls are expected, just seems pretty bad in this game at the moment.

The game has multiple personalities: Is it a PvP centric game? Is it a sandbox PvE game? Is it a PvPvE game? It doesn’t do any of it super well so I can see the confusion.

Honestly it’s not the best PvP game I have ever played. Stuff is really still unbalanced and not fun and I imagine if and when they fix it people who were playing OP ranged classes will have hurt feelings over nerfs ect and leave; oh and Warrior sucks to play in PvP. Tanky? Uh not really.

BDO really does not do PvE super well for me either. It feels all over the top at times…and I never really feel like it was a close fight with anything I take on. Satisfyingly close battles? I think not. Nothing in the game world feels threatening, hence why they attempt to fall back on the PK crutch, which is a terrible idea in a Western MMO btw. Sometimes it felt like I was playing wack-o-mole with a weed eater; which can be fun for a while, till you realize 2 hours later nothing has been a challenge. It’s like saying mowing lawns is fun… it’s always the same. At least we know Warrior is a great pve tank.

I would say it does micro-management sim decently. Sad part is most people who love those kinds of games would never touch PvP with a 10 foot pole and are leaving this game fast; hence all the bickering on the forums.

It kinda reminded me of swg, yet not. One thing I loved about SWG was the diversity…some of my best friends were crafters and it made the game feel like a close knit community, something I guess people do not want here, missed opportunity on that one.

PvE players say, “I just want to craft and fish and be left alone”. PvP-Pks  say “wtf n00b, this isn’t the game for that. GTFO and go play Hello Kitty Online ---leave”.

What does Daum do? Nothing really. Why so timid Daum?  It’s like they invited a bunch of frat boys along with the book club geeks all to the same party then ran to hide in their room so they didn’t have it witness the chaos that would ensue.

Knock knock…hey Daum..you do know the frat boys have shit all over you house and have all the book club geeks tied up and are now beer bonging them with urine right?

It’s almost like they have no experience running an MMO or community sites otherwise they would squash that bickering shit fast. 

Not sure why people feel so strongly about at least putting pve players on a separate server so they can have their peace and so they don’t have to listen to them complain about being killed, but I guess running them all off and having less people playing is a better option for them?  Sure it gives you a laugh for a sec wtflolrollin some poor squishy girl named Becky tending to her wheat field; but that player might just never come back to the game over something as simple as that. You as a PvP-PKr will move on to the next game once the novelty of this game wears off. Daum doesn’t seem too keen on that one.

“Line our pockets with money; we’ll sort it out later”

They would be stupid not to cater to a larger player base but whatever; it’s just another Korean grinder imho.

Anyways I liked the game based on what I played of it despite what I stated as shortcomings (it has potential), but I’m a little worried it might get boring fast since there isn’t enough to keep me vested in it more than a month. I don’t see that being worth the money for me at this time.  I also can’t help but feel this is just another FOTM game everyone is playing till something else comes along; but hey I would be wrong. In the end I won’t be me making the buy on this game….. right now, but I will keep an eye on it and may consider buying it in the future.  

I never get the issue that people have with the 'story' thing.

Every day when you walk outside, what deliberately written story is there for you to follow? Me, I go outside and craft my own story in life - it's what I make it. Only I am responsible for my entertainment, no-one else.

i haven't read a single line of text in the game that I didn't need to because I am out in the world doing what I enjoy. I don't need a back story for it as I'm making my own fun. You should try it.
    IMHO generally people from older generations have an easier time using our imaginations. For the simple fact that in our childhood we had to. Everything was pretty much a Sandbox when I was a kid, You always had to make your own fun.

This might not apply if you can't remember what it was like to be a kid. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,140
    laserit said:

IMHO generally people from older generations have an easier time using our imaginations. For the simple fact that in our childhood we had to. Everything was pretty much a Sandbox when I was a kid, You always had to make your own fun.

hmmm,

There might be somethin gto be said to that. I mean, we used sticks and found bits as toys when we didn't quite have what we wanted.

I remember having this space ship model that glowed in the dark. On the top it had bay doors that held a tiny little "cool looking" shuttle.

I remember a whole afternoon just using the shuttle and my back yard.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Sovrath said:
    laserit said:

hmmm,

There might be somethin gto be said to that. I mean, we used sticks and found bits as toys when we didn't quite have what we wanted.

I remember having this space ship model that glowed in the dark. On the top it had bay doors that held a tiny little "cool looking" shuttle.

I remember a whole afternoon just using the shuttle and my back yard.
    Cowboys and Indians, Cops and Robbers, Sword fights, Treehouses etc.etc. etc.

Kids aren't even allowed to do that shit anymore.

It's Politically Incorrect :(

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Kane72 said:
    Also OP, you've played for 7 days. How many tickets have you had to open for Gods sake? After 5 weeks I haven't opened any yet? You're quick to judge I'd say.

Me and after 7 days you are doing PvP and enough of it to judge too. I'm still level 23 and am having a blast with all the PvE stuff and exploring and crafting. Sounds like you were in a hurry.
    You missed the post where I said I ended up buying it.

SWG Bloodfin vet

I did yes. I guess you liked it then :)
    Kane72 said:
    I did yes. I guess you liked it then :)
    Yeah...it's the only game that actually has decent downtime activities and I can just do whatever. In GW2 if I wasn't fighting something (sPvP-WvWvW-PvE); I was logging out.
    SWG Bloodfin vet