Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally -- A Sequel To Everquest I Style Gameplay

124»

Comments

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Dullahan said:
    Wildstar was nothing like Vanilla WoW. Wish people would stop throwing that analogy about like it was relevant.

Seriously.  Artistically? yes. 40 man raids? yes.  Outside of that, no, nothing like vanilla wow.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    hercules said:
    I honestly hope people who want a game like this get exactly what they want, and everybody else gets the game they want so we can all STFU about nostalgia vs. new things, and go back to discussing game functionality, class builds, easter eggs, and other stuff.

Pffft... year right!
    have to agree.while  the game would probably not have so much attention if not for the vocal ex EQ hardcore players ,they need to be very very careful about implementing features based on a desire to bring back EQ1 as it was in 1999.
    Wildstar tried to bring back features from a much more popular mmorpg and failed terribly and since have had to make changes in a slim attempt to save their game
    weirdly enough a clone of vanilla WoW did well but it was one server and  showed that many who had nostalgia for vanilla WoW had it not for the features but for the game itself .
    I admit that wildstar setting though was much different from WoW and this game is much more similar in setting and even classes to EQ1.
    however i think pantheon needs to be a game of its own merit to be viable in the long term.
    Honestly, WS didn't work out because it was originally a buggy and clunky mess. Quite a few people quit the game long before hitting cap. Then the rest that could tolerate it mostly didn't want to raid for a few hours straight.
  • sn0wblind00sn0wblind00 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Zarriya said:
    Kyleran said:
    Xatsh said:
    Sub based
    With cash shop .....and preorders and likely most other monetization techniques employed today.

No, VRI said no cash shop.

The point is they don't know what they are doing.  They no concrete pricing model because they are still looking for funding.  The unfortunate reality is that the game may never make any ground unless they get additional funding sources, as they've mentioned a few times.
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    edited December 2016
    I started playing project 1999 a couple days ago and been having a killer of a time in it :D surprisingly populated servers too :D 

For anyone interested in checking it out this makes it easy to get downloaded. I Do reccomend trying the game out especialy for those who have never played EQ before it be an interesting experience :D i promise you will get lost :p