Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat System

cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181
Hello!

My English is not good, but you may understand...
So far I did not get used to  key combinations, holding down two keys to make a skill, wait for a skill animation to use another skill...
Since I can not make macros or keybind those skill that use two keys holding down, is it a game break for me?

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    If you play many different classes, it can get confusing. If you play a lot of one class, it becomes second nature even if it feels awkward at first.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I've pretty much stuck to one class as I know starting another will really screw up the second nature of the first class.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    edited April 2016
    cybersrs said:
    Hello!

So far I did not get used to  key combinations, holding down two keys to make a skill, wait for a skill animation to use another skill...
    Since I can not make macros or keybind those skill that use two keys holding down, is it a game break for me?
    Maybe it's how you are "thinking" of holding those keys down.

Instead of quickly placing two fingers down, try to place a first finger, that will probably be WASD or SHIFT and THEN place the other finger.

The first finger will act as an anchor and you should, with a small bit of practice, be able to find the other key in relation to the first finger.

Eventually your fingers will be comfortable with the shapes and you very well might be placing them simultaneously.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    cybersrs said:
    Hello!

If you find it difficult to do some skills you can put those skills on the skillbar and activate them with the numbers on your keyboard like other mmos (1234567890).

Also i just started using the xbox controller with Black Desert and its so much easier to do button combination for skills. I am loving it. I only needed to change the keybind for a couple of skill.

• cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181
    cybersrs said:
    Hello!

If you find it difficult to do some skills you can put those skills on the skillbar and activate them with the numbers on your keyboard like other mmos (1234567890).

Also i just started using the xbox controller with Black Desert and its so much easier to do button combination for skills. I am loving it. I only needed to change the keybind for a couple of skill.

Thank you all for the help!

I have tried it already, but only a few skills can be set on skill bar.
    DMKano said:
    Every class in Black Desert has about 2-3 main skills that you spam 99% of the time in PvE.

It's very easy. 

What class as you playing OP?

Ranger, because I read somewhere that they are the most mobile class in the game. Still, I do not think they are... Skill animation takes too much time.
    edited April 2016
    Thx for the help!

I just tried out Wizard and I found it much easier with less combinations, more skills on the bar... Is there any other class more like it?

Edit: BTW, I also would like to know which class has better/more "Animation Canceling"... Maybe it would make the class more mobile, so which one would be the most mobile with it?
    Post edited by cybersrs on