Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daily routine, mmorpg.com - interest gone?

2»

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    I'd like more threads about _designing_ mmos, myself.  That's what I originally joined this site to talk about, but it seems like a pathetically small percentage of the posters here are interested in making MMOs.
    Because this is not a developer site? I am interested in playing games. Making games ... why bother? I would leave it to the professionals (like you).
    Kyleran said:

I'm definitely part of the 14%, and almost never read the rest of the site.  There's so little about MMORPGs (which is all I care about) it isn't worth the bother to even check anymore.

Even forum posting is becoming less interesting as there are few games out there I am really following.

wait .. and yet you have 21k posts, almost catching up to me, and I see you here all the time?
    Vardahoth said:
    Unfortunately, those games have been turned into the same games being released today to meet what the crowd today wants. Most players of those old games have quit the genre all together due to the genre actually being taken away from them (or changed call it what you will).

It is only unfortunate if you are one of those old players who hold onto old design.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    I barely come here anymore. Not because the site is bad. I just think I've outgrown it. I also found it frustrated me a ton too. It bothers me when a fan base doesn't even know what they are a fan of. Ie.; thinking something like the division is an mmo. How can you be a fan of mmos when you don't know what they are? The community here is nothing compared to what it used to be.
    madazz said:
    I barely come here anymore. Not because the site is bad. I just think I've outgrown it. I also found it frustrated me a ton too. It bothers me when a fan base doesn't even know what they are a fan of. Ie.; thinking something like the division is an mmo. How can you be a fan of mmos when you don't know what they are? The community here is nothing compared to what it used to be.

May be people are fans of online games instead? There is no rule saying that you have to be a MMO fan to come here. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Vardahoth said:
    madazz said:
    This is also why I'm coming here less and less. It's been so long since an mmorpg actually exists, that people have no idea what one is anymore.
    Wait... are you saying EVE isn't an MMORPG? :P

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson