Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Former DICE Artist Showcases Real-Time Environments in Unreal Engine 4

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,254
    edited April 2016
    Challenge accepted. Time to open up Unity for this one. Be back in a couple months.
  • Nayr752Nayr752 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Nice. It looked really awesome.
  • R.LimaR.Lima Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Unbelievably realistic!
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,010
    Amazing! Absolutely amazing.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,370
    You know when I first saw the screenshots the artist had worked on I thought they were photos that were being used to recreate in the game engine but then after seeing the in-engine footage I was kind of shocked. The level of detail is stunning. Perhaps some of the best I have seen. Very impressive indeed and just a small taste of what is to come with the power this engine provides.   

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    That's ridiculously awesome...

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,393
    Pretty much what everyone said above. Nothing else I could possibly add.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,838
    When can we expect MMORPGs to have this kind of graphics :). I guess when enough people possess sufficiently powerful hardware which may still take some time.

Would like to see this graphics combined with VR.
  • AgnharAgnhar Member UncommonPosts: 105
    In 10 years we might be playing an MMO that looks as amazing as this.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,140
    Cleffy said:
    Challenge accepted. Time to open up Unity for this one. Be back in a couple months.
    I think you meant decades, and if you got even half way there it would run like a turd under load or in large open world environments, don't waste your time, use a different engine.  

Cry or Unreal are free to use now and are the only real options for anything of AAA quality, no large studios use Unity for big dollar projects, you would be laughed at by your employees.

Unity is face roll simply to use which is why it's used so often by Indies and people with beginner level programming skills, plus it USED to be the only free option that was available.  Using unity to compete with Cry or Unreal is like taking a Hundai and trying to upgrade it to a formula one car. Yes even 5.3.4.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,534
    You too can experience a game like this for the low, low price of 4 grand in video cards. 

Other components not included. Visit newegg or amazon for details.

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,010
    Dullahan said:
    You too can experience a game like this for the low, low price of 4 grand in video cards. 

It shouldn't be a problem now that everyone is gearing up for Rift. :chuffed: 
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member EpicPosts: 8,620
    Just WOW
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,338
    Torval said:
    Dullahan said:

It shouldn't be a problem now that everyone is gearing up for Rift. :chuffed: 
    That kind of graphics run just fine on a $500 card. I'm sure most of the people with a decent gamer PC here could run it with acceptable FPS.

It's really impressive, but keep in mind it's just a demo. If you have to add the characters, animations, game mechanics, physics to it, it will put a WAY heavier load on your system.

There's more than just 3D meshes and textures to a video game...
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Intel Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER EVO 8GB DDR6 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Samsung U32J590 32" 4K monitor - Second display: Philips 273v 27" monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset - Sound: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    goboygo said:
    Cleffy said:
    I think you meant decades, and if you got even half way there it would run like a turd under load or in large open world environments, don't waste your time, use a different engine.  

Cry or Unreal are free to use now and are the only real options for anything of AAA quality, no large studios use Unity for big dollar projects, you would be laughed at by your employees.

Unity is face roll simply to use which is why it's used so often by Indies and people with beginner level programming skills, plus it USED to be the only free option that was available.  Using unity to compete with Cry or Unreal is like taking a Hundai and trying to upgrade it to a formula one car. Yes even 5.3.4.
    Can someone clarify this?

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,338
    goboygo said:
    Cleffy said:

Can someone clarify this?
    I can clarify it a bit.
    Someone is just a fan of some products and dismisses some others he knows nothing about.
    I let you guess who that is.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Intel Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER EVO 8GB DDR6 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Samsung U32J590 32" 4K monitor - Second display: Philips 273v 27" monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset - Sound: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    - 3 mins in.

Photo's stitched together but impressive nonetheless. 
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,254
    goboygo said:
    Cleffy said:

It really depends. To get graphics like in the video, it should be enough. It's not like there are physics involved, and the tools/shaders/lighting models are there in Unity. It's not like the goal is to get a game, just pretty images in a game engine. In my opinion its best to use the simplest method for achieving a goal.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    meh. 

wait for it...

wait for it...

just kidding.  Looks fantastic.

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.