Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player Housing - Elder Scrolls Online

Talon_DeathravenTalon_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 46
Anyone have some info about ESO housing ?
How you like the housing in ESO to be? For my self i like to be more or similar like Lotro system.
«1

Comments

  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Well a few months after release on PC they said housing was coming. But then after being told by Matt the game would be shut down before ever going f2p and we all know how that turned out! So like they say about bug fixes "soon".

    Really don't expect it any time soon. Heck they been saying they are working on a barber shop over a year.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

    Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event


    4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

    http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

    Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Brenics said:
    Well a few months after release on PC they said housing was coming. But then after being told by Matt the game would be shut down before ever going f2p and we all know how that turned out! So like they say about bug fixes "soon".

    Really don't expect it any time soon. Heck they been saying they are working on a barber shop over a year.
    The games not F2P so whats your point exactly?
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    edited March 2016
    lol.

    1. It IS f2p. Its called Tamriel Unlimited for a reason you know. As of last March 2015. 

    http://www.wired.com/2015/01/elder-scrolls-online-consoles-free-play/

    2. If housing hasn't happened by now, it's going to be really crappy with hooks like LOTRO and SWTOR or it's not going to happen at all. These companies no longer consider housing a necessary part of the game. 
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Moirae said:
    lol.

    1. It IS f2p. Its called Tamriel Unlimited for a reason you know. As of last March 2015. 

    http://www.wired.com/2015/01/elder-scrolls-online-consoles-free-play/

    2. If housing hasn't happened by now, it's going to be really crappy with hooks like LOTRO and SWTOR or it's not going to happen at all. These companies no longer consider housing a necessary part of the game. 
    I think he is meaning it is B2P. . not F2P. . I know you know we know what you meant :)

    Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Moirae said:
    lol.

    1. It IS f2p. Its called Tamriel Unlimited for a reason you know. As of last March 2015. 

    http://www.wired.com/2015/01/elder-scrolls-online-consoles-free-play/

    2. If housing hasn't happened by now, it's going to be really crappy with hooks like LOTRO and SWTOR or it's not going to happen at all. These companies no longer consider housing a necessary part of the game. 
    I guess you don't know the difference between B2P and F2P.  They are not the same thing.  F2P has no cost to entry ever, B2P has a box cost.  Brenics knows the difference I'm sure hes just looking for something to bitch about as usual.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    edited March 2016
    goboygo said:
    Brenics said:
    Well a few months after release on PC they said housing was coming. But then after being told by Matt the game would be shut down before ever going f2p and we all know how that turned out! So like they say about bug fixes "soon".

    Really don't expect it any time soon. Heck they been saying they are working on a barber shop over a year.
    The games not F2P so whats your point exactly?
    My point is he said that to us players! Exactly what don't you get? Oh i know he didn't say B2P right? :+1: 

    Developers have to stop BS'ing us gamers, more so when we pay as much as we have for this failed game. I have stated in other posts I love the world I love the game style, I hate the lies I hate the never fixing major bugs and so on. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

    Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event


    4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

    http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

    Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Moirae said:
    lol.

    1. It IS f2p. Its called Tamriel Unlimited for a reason you know. As of last March 2015. 

    http://www.wired.com/2015/01/elder-scrolls-online-consoles-free-play/

    2. If housing hasn't happened by now, it's going to be really crappy with hooks like LOTRO and SWTOR or it's not going to happen at all. These companies no longer consider housing a necessary part of the game. 
    As others have said as far as your point 1 goes the game has an upfront initial cost. No pay no play. So its not free. And if you want to play the "content drops" you have to pay for those as well. They are not fee either.

    The flip side - "no content, no pay" - is relevant to your second point.  If Zenimax do not provide "stuff"  they won't get any extra money. So they will do stuff that is more likely to sell sooner. And if they release "crappy" housing people simply won't buy it. 

    P.S. They renamed the game to distance the console release from the crappy PC launch and used Unlimited to highlight that you don't need to pay any form of ongoing subscription. For good measure they did introduce a cash shop - so shades of a f2p game but they went one better imo by allowing people to "subscribe" for a monthly purchase of crowns - people can, of course, use some of the crowns to buy the DLCs but beyond that?..... fluff purchases. And if the only thing one wanted to buy was the DLC you can simply buy the DLC?

    Anyway new business model. You have to pay something but if Z want more of your money they have to produce content. And if its crappy content you can give it a miss - none of these c.2 year content holidays!   
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I am actually curious about the housing and will have to look that up.  That is a big part of games for me.

    Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    Pure and simple, I doubt that ESO will add player housing any time soon. And if or when they do, I even more seriously doubt it will add one fucking thing to the player experience as the way the game was designed they are destined to make it another pointless and empty instanced crapfest.

    Never seen player house that added the "player experience" beyond extra storage.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Brenics said:
    goboygo said:
    Brenics said:
    Well a few months after release on PC they said housing was coming. But then after being told by Matt the game would be shut down before ever going f2p and we all know how that turned out! So like they say about bug fixes "soon".

    Really don't expect it any time soon. Heck they been saying they are working on a barber shop over a year.
    The games not F2P so whats your point exactly?
    My point is he said that to us players! Exactly what don't you get? Oh i know he didn't say B2P right? :+1: 

    Developers have to stop BS'ing us gamers, more so when we pay as much as we have for this failed game. I have stated in other posts I love the world I love the game style, I hate the lies I hate the never fixing major bugs and so on. 
    I still don't understand why your so upset with this guy, is it because they removed the sub?  He simply said they would shut the game down before it goes F2P, it hasn't gone F2P. I just don't see how his comment supports your claim of BS'ing.  Are you implying he meant to say B2P and instead got confused and said F2P so now in your mind hes a liar?  Im not trying to nick pick your post but it doesnt support your claim based on what he said,  Zenimax hasnt gone back on that statement... yet.

    Or is the real issue being now that the sub is gone do you feel your not getting the updates that were promised?
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Horusra said:
    Pure and simple, I doubt that ESO will add player housing any time soon. And if or when they do, I even more seriously doubt it will add one fucking thing to the player experience as the way the game was designed they are destined to make it another pointless and empty instanced crapfest.

    Never seen player house that added the "player experience" beyond extra storage.
    Darkfall housing had meaning, non instanced, houses sat in open gameworld, if the door was open you could walk in and use someones crafting bench, slot machine etc.  Also gave you access to mob spawns.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    edited March 2016
    goboygo said:
    Brenics said:
    goboygo said:
    Brenics said:
    Well a few months after release on PC they said housing was coming. But then after being told by Matt the game would be shut down before ever going f2p and we all know how that turned out! So like they say about bug fixes "soon".

    Really don't expect it any time soon. Heck they been saying they are working on a barber shop over a year.
    The games not F2P so whats your point exactly?
    My point is he said that to us players! Exactly what don't you get? Oh i know he didn't say B2P right? :+1: 

    Developers have to stop BS'ing us gamers, more so when we pay as much as we have for this failed game. I have stated in other posts I love the world I love the game style, I hate the lies I hate the never fixing major bugs and so on. 
    I still don't understand why your so upset with this guy, is it because they removed the sub?  He simply said they would shut the game down before it goes F2P, it hasn't gone F2P. I just don't see how his comment supports your claim of BS'ing.  Are you implying he meant to say B2P and instead got confused and said F2P so now in your mind hes a liar?  Im not trying to nick pick your post but it doesnt support your claim based on what he said,  Zenimax hasnt gone back on that statement... yet.

    Or is the real issue being now that the sub is gone do you feel your not getting the updates that were promised?
    Sorry if you miss the point. Everything he and others have said about the game from beta to now has been nothing but lies to the PC/MAC players. All we get is "soon" from them about fixing pvp, fixing bugs that have been in game from beta. Every patch brakes more stuff, they just seem so unprofessional to me. 

    Oh and I should state I was one of the biggest fanboy of the game for over a year. But then my eye's opened and see they just don't care.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

    Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event


    4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

    http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

    Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,410
    I would really love to see a hookless system like EQ2 or a semi-hookless like Wildstar. If it is hooked the SWTOR has a really nice system that provides a lot of freedom.

    I would prefer instanced doorways like EQ2. The newer instanced portals provide for a lot more freedom in the instance, but is more disconnected from the environment. I would prefer something more connected to the game world, but instanced on the "inside". I would definitely want spacious options like EQ2 and Wildstar offfer.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 814
    edited March 2016
    [mod edit]

    Devs announced we would learn about player housing after update 10 (Dark Brotherhood) Q2 of this year. 


    Post edited by Vaross on
  • SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    I wish for a housing like Wildstar's one, but i don't think they will add any housing at all, at least not for a long time.

    I just hope they will fix x64 client, the sound and the performance in the new DLC area. I also hope for a better Group Finder where you can create / join groups for every kind of content, like WoW, FFXIV, GW2 etc. Finaly I wish they remove the VR levels, as they told more than a year ago.

    All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Salute said:
    I wish for a housing like Wildstar's one, but i don't think they will add any housing at all, at least not for a long time.

    I just hope they will fix x64 client, the sound and the performance in the new DLC area. I also hope for a better Group Finder where you can create / join groups for every kind of content, like WoW, FFXIV, GW2 etc. Finaly I wish they remove the VR levels, as they told more than a year ago.
    Housing has already been in development and confirmed more than 6 months ago.

    Group finder is now cross faction and works for full groups as pugs for normal and Vet dungeons but not trials yet but it is planned. 

    VR Level removal will be with the next update (update 10) Dark Brotherhood.  
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,973
    I would actually like player towns and cities.  Also allow homes to be modded.  

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,410
    Devs announced we would learn about player housing after update 10 (Dark Brotherhood) Q2 of this year.
    I'm trying to find that, but I remember reading something like that too. I thought it was in the same blurb as the VR removal.

    Really, I don't care about the exact timeline. I like the pace they've been moving things along. While I want housing I want to see Dark Brotherhood more.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,768
    Brenics said:
    goboygo said:
    Brenics said:
    Well a few months after release on PC they said housing was coming. But then after being told by Matt the game would be shut down before ever going f2p and we all know how that turned out! So like they say about bug fixes "soon".

    Really don't expect it any time soon. Heck they been saying they are working on a barber shop over a year.
    The games not F2P so whats your point exactly?
    My point is he said that to us players! Exactly what don't you get? Oh i know he didn't say B2P right? :+1: 

    Developers have to stop BS'ing us gamers, more so when we pay as much as we have for this failed game. I have stated in other posts I love the world I love the game style, I hate the lies I hate the never fixing major bugs and so on. 

    Players need to stop taking every little stupid thing a dev says and writing it one stone.  Things change, the smart deal with it.  So move on.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

    Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

    https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

    Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

    John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

    FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

    LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"




  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Torval said:
    Devs announced we would learn about player housing after update 10 (Dark Brotherhood) Q2 of this year.
    I'm trying to find that, but I remember reading something like that too. I thought it was in the same blurb as the VR removal.

    Really, I don't care about the exact timeline. I like the pace they've been moving things along. While I want housing I want to see Dark Brotherhood more.
    You would be looking for a transcript of ESO live then. This is where it's been discussed the most.
  • ElloaElloa Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Zenimax is currently working on Housing System. They have said in various ESOLive, and interview that they were in the sage of conceptualisaiton, trying different models, and see which one would suit ESO th ebest;
    We will have news regarding housing after the DLC Darkbrotherhood. So this summer we should have more informations.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    They been talking housing from beta days. Nothing new here and I doubt you will ever see a good housing system until they replace key people and bring in people that know what they are doing. The game could have been so great. :angry: 

    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

    Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event


    4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

    http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

    Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,634
    How would i like housing to be in ESO? 

    The same it is in Skyrim's Hearthfire.




  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited April 2016
    How would i like housing to be in ESO? 

    The same it is in Skyrim's Hearthfire.
    yes!

    I am a bit surprised...no sorry not surprised..that ESO is just now getting around to housing

    lets see if anyone pops up with the meme from a few years ago 'its not possible' or 'people dont want that in an MMO'...

    Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

    Please do not respond to me

  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,026
    It's a very very very minimal part of any game unless you're just obsessed with it.  Even in games where you can use things in it, etc....none of it is particularly compelling.
    "I can put a crafting table in here!"
    "K, so now you can sometimes not walk to the one in town...whoopdee effin doo"
    "Some stuff gives me bonuses"
    "K, so you get a %10 max xp buff(unless the buffs are totally unbalanced, and that's another topic), whoopdee effin doo"
    Playing "home makeover" is not my idea of fun, there are much better games for that.
    The game has been just fine without it, and if it never has it will be just fine.  Priorities should be on fixing broken things, and then DLC content that actually involves PvE/PvP.
Sign In or Register to comment.