Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard censoring themselves

13»

Comments

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Who cares?

Those of you complaining about the change are just as bad as the people who wanted the change. You all deserve each other. Get the fuck over it, no one cares.
  • SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Kiyoris said:
    Jean-Luc_Picard said:
    There was a time, in the 80s and before, when people couldn't care less. And suddenly, seeing a boob or a butt became outrageous.

these were the covers of Sega games and NO ONE said anything about it, everyone loved these games

Just to play devils advocate here....

You know why no one complained?

These were made by men, for a male audience.

The world has / is changing. I can understand many don't like it - but you better get used to it.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited March 2016
    Gdemami said:
    Purutzil said:
    Except for a vast majority of their audience, they aren't pleased with what they are doing so that mention of a change is NOT pleasing their audience. 

None the less... Self-Censorship IS Censorship. How about we use an example I'm sure you would more likely be outraged by. If you posted something about Gay rights you would be ostracized by the vocal minority and slandered, your job at risk for people trying to get you fired all because you support such a thing.  Is it right the person doesn't say something because of the backlash so they keep quiet because a few vocal people will try and slander them?
    Do you know what gets you also fired? Walk to your boss office and tell him he is incompetent idiot who does not know how to do his job.

Much self-censorship?

For every action, there is a reaction.

If you consider every withdrawn action due possible negative reaction self-censorship, the term will become meaningless since it is fundamental part of social behavior.
    But thats exactly what the term means and yes its not necessarily the same as actual censorship. 

Its called buzzwords gramps, keep up.

See? All this time you have been talking about censorship and we have been talking about censorship instead, the whole time. Apples and oranges, man.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Xarko said:
    But thats exactly what the term means and yes its not necessarily the same as actual censorship. 

See? All this time you have been talking about censorship and we have been talking about censorship instead, the whole time. Apples and oranges, man.
    No, that is not what the term means, that is what the "buzzword" means. They are not the same in meaning...
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Gdemami said:
    Xarko said:

No, that is not what the term means, that is what the "buzzword" means. They are not the same in meaning...
    Now you see where all the drama comes from.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    This is exactly what I feel about these feminist.  They just don't get how they are making themselves look really stupid and pissing people off.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    I think everyone is getting tired of the faux outrage from a small minority, both men and women are tired of it. These non-stop debates about women in gaming are neither interesting or relevant. It's a fantasy world, women should be allowed to be sexy. I think Blizzard is wrong in this case.
This discussion has been closed.