Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Retro 2D MMORPG For Android Devices.

xtr3m3m3t4lxtr3m3m3t4l Member UncommonPosts: 28
If you have an android device and looking for a retro 2D mmorpg, then check out this game.

Rucoy Online.

It is an indie developed game that came out a few months ago, so it's very fresh. The developer is updating content frequently. Also there is no level cap. There is teams and bonus exp. Also there is pvp.

The higher you level up the faster you walk, so don't get discouraged by how slow you walk at the beginning. 

It's rated 4.6 stars out of 5 on Google Play. 

Comments

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    I will definitely have to check this out, I'm a fan of mobile mmos.
  • xtr3m3m3t4lxtr3m3m3t4l Member UncommonPosts: 28
    edited March 2016
    @Shrilly ;

Totally check it out, it's been a long time since I've been addicted to a mobile mmorpg!  Can't put it down! 
    Here are some more pictures of the game. 

Come join!
    Ya just started I'm at lvl 21 at the goblins town, names Dreddknell.
  • Thunder073Thunder073 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    I just downloaded and tried it. Its fun but I have so many questions lol. It doesn't seem like there is a damage difference between any of the classes(skills); Ranged, Magic or Melee. Not sure why someone would go magic (since there is no MP recovery and you have to buy MP potions) or ranged (have to buy arrows) over melee since there is no consumable to use his basic attacks like the other two. They all do the exact same damage.

Not sure how equipment works. How can someone beholding multiple of the same item in the same slot and how can you tell what the equipment does?

Also, I didn't notice anything happening after dying, is there a drawback to death or any sort of death penalty? 

These are just a few questions i had. Obviously its indie and super early, i like that you can continuously level with no level cap and that you gain skill with each action.
    Eventually the classes will be balance. Over time the melee class will have better defence because you do close up combat. However the archer can level faster because of the scatter AoE attack but you wont level your defence skill as fast because you have a distance attack. The mage i havnt really used much. 

So far there is no death penalty. However there's a penalty for killing innocent players. Cursed players have a skull on their head and look evil.
    17 players online right now. Game is getting more and more popular each day!
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    lol .. so 17 is massively MP now? Good to know. No wonder the Division is called a MMO ... it is much more "massively MP" than this mmorpg. 
    Would it make you feel better if I called it just a MORPG? 
    New update coming out tonight!
    Check out my new stats.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Put this on PC as well in browser based. 

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited April 2016
    Lol this game has pm? That is old school. I think people who pk should also have slight poison DOT...that would make it interesting.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• tool089tool089 Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Put this on PC as well in browser based. 
    I assume you could just run it with Blue Stacks on PC, since that emulates an android device.
  • FuffensteinFuffenstein Member UncommonPosts: 39
    I'm gonna try it out, properly on my shield tablet, been looking for a game like this on that. :)
    edited April 2016
    Very awesome game so far.

The game is minimal very easy to pick up and play for however long you want and digging heavy roots in a classic rpg setting.

Melee is your main source of attack and as you get gold off enemies you can buy more mana pots and arrows to flush out your attacks. Each class has a special ability that's used to wipe up monsters easily.

It has a pvp (wilderness) zone also, the games community isnt very big so a lot of people know each other through Local and Server chats.

Like I said right now very minimal, but I can't wait to see what the future updates will hold.
  • ZanozZanoz Member CommonPosts: 1
    Great game recommend. I started yesterday and im hooked i even got some irl friends playing and saying the same thing. If your looking for a Game to play this is the one for you  -Zanoz
    lol .. so 17 is massively MP now? Good to know. No wonder the Division is called a MMO ... it is much more "massively MP" than this mmorpg. 
    I think if the game is set up to have a lot of players but doesnt have the numbers right now, still qualifies it to be an mmorpg. If WoW didn't have as many players playing it would you still call it an mmo? of course, it has the capabilities.
  • SmokarenSmokaren Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I found out about this yesterday, there is a few things which I would like to ask or point out.

Me as a player had a hard time finding some type of forum/place the players could gather to discuss certain game-related stuffs outside of the game.
    Also I had a very hard time finding anywhere were I could see peoples review or info about the game like more in depth like how much experience its from a level to another like a calculator.

I am lvl 40 and yet to loot an upgrade on weapons if it's even possible ?
    Would be cool if you could manage to customize that when you actually loot an item it would appear on the character (Might be way to much to ask but would be cool).

And yea as an above poster mentioned I have a hard time to see why I would pick mage or archer cause you go so much more profit by just sword and board and don't loose any type of gold but only gain gold.

Would love to see "rare" monsters spawn or mini bosses which spawn alot of small monsters and drop rare items and such !

Pretty much what I am trying to say is that I want to have an incentive to play cause when I thought about it.
    Why do I level ?

There is no level cap or skill cap but what more then leveling and killing monsters can it be ?

Like items with + stats maybe ? or maybe + a stat which inst a part of base stats ressistance maybe.

Just some of my thoughts but I really think this game has huge potential
    Smokaren said:
    I found out about this yesterday, there is a few things which I would like to ask or point out.

Me as a player had a hard time finding some type of forum/place the players could gather to discuss certain game-related stuffs outside of the game.
    Also I had a very hard time finding anywhere were I could see peoples review or info about the game like more in depth like how much experience its from a level to another like a calculator.

I am lvl 40 and yet to loot an upgrade on weapons if it's even possible ?
    Would be cool if you could manage to customize that when you actually loot an item it would appear on the character (Might be way to much to ask but would be cool).

And yea as an above poster mentioned I have a hard time to see why I would pick mage or archer cause you go so much more profit by just sword and board and don't loose any type of gold but only gain gold.

Would love to see "rare" monsters spawn or mini bosses which spawn alot of small monsters and drop rare items and such !

Pretty much what I am trying to say is that I want to have an incentive to play cause when I thought about it.
    Why do I level ?

There is no level cap or skill cap but what more then leveling and killing monsters can it be ?

Like items with + stats maybe ? or maybe + a stat which inst a part of base stats ressistance maybe.

Just some of my thoughts but I really think this game has huge potential
    @Smokaren ;

Hey friend, congrats on being level 40. 

The game is only a few months old. The developer is working on the game as much as possible. He is adding more content, items, monsters and quests. There will be a bounty system and also a ranking system. He also plans on making the game support IOS so there will be even more players. 

The game is only in it's first stages so I can understand why it is questionable to level up. I think about it all the times hahah whether I'm wasting my time or not. 

Mage spell has been changed so it's a stronger attack. Melee is good because its strong and defence is great but short ranged. Archer is weaker but you can hit many targets at the same time from a good distance. 

Further updates the classes will be more balanced.

ONE thing i asked the developer before i started investing time into the game was if there would be a character reset. He said no resets so thats a good thing to know. This is why I keep leveling and saving my gold. In the future it will be worth it. 

There also is a forum made but it's  JUST been made and not too active.

Also if you have KIK Messenger, there is a Rucoy Online Community that about 35 players are connected in. 

Here is the forum address.

http://s13.zifboards.com/Rucoyonline/index.php?

IF you dont have an android device. The game works great on BlueStacks.

Rucoy Online is getting more popular each day. 40 people online and new updates coming out!

Here's another screen shot.

• nennafirnennafir Member UncommonPosts: 313
    edited April 2016
    This is kind of pathetic.  Either you are a die-hard fan-boi/gurl or you are a dev.  Regardless, you can only get 17 people to play your game?   I don't even know what to say...lol....lol....lol...