Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lovecraftian Horrors Await In The Snow And Ice Of At The Mountains Of Madness

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Did you see the steam reviews? Been a while since I saw a game with reviews that poor. Usually a game is garbage if it reaches "mixed", let alone "overwhelmingly negative".

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I like lovecraftian things a lot, but if a game is getting this negative of reviews I can't find myself spending money on it. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I was just looking at it.  A lot of even the positives reviews say it needs a lot of work and are predicting improvements over time.  Talk on the forums of some negative posts being deleted.  I've added to my wish list and will follow to see how it does.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Relevant audiobook:

I found the geology in this and other of Lovecraft's stories to be satisfyingly accurate for the time period (my undergrad major was geophysical science) although the theory of plate tectonics hadn't yet been fully developed or corroborated.  It's also interesting how he goes into minute geometric detail, and has a whole... mythology?... of recurring fictitious(?) literary titles and entities.

Once you've listened to a few of his stories it becomes clear just how much he has influenced modern horror authors across all types of media.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Zen00Zen00 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Kazuhiro said:
    Did you see the steam reviews? Been a while since I saw a game with reviews that poor. Usually a game is garbage if it reaches "mixed", let alone "overwhelmingly negative".
    I did. 6 positive 11 negative. I am waiting to see how it shapes up. 17 reviews is not very many. Most of the negative reviews revolved around performance. As time goes by in development I expect that to be addressed. I would hope anyway.
    It's using Unreal Engine, it shouldn't have performance issues with proven technology. :/
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    Looks somewhat interesting, will wait till there a sale or something first.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.