Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another VR headset sells out

13»

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Honestly I hope it works.  Lets think about this,  you have Sony, Facebook, and Microsoft all pushing this product.  You can quit naysaying already its making you look bad.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • RobokappRobokapp Member RarePosts: 6,208
    filmoret said:
    Honestly I hope it works.  Lets think about this,  you have Sony, Facebook, and Microsoft all pushing this product.  You can quit naysaying already its making you look bad.
    gamers don't like cahnge. if the product comes out now it'll need 10 years of lfie suppot before the kiddies of today embrace it in their teens tomorrow.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,967
    This is interesting.  I think Zuckerberg is waiting to see, like many others, how the competition does but most importantly how general consumers react and review the new tech.  He also realizes it may take awhile before full adoption by the public goes viral if at all.

Late last year, Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Oculus parent company Facebook, set initial VR headset expectations relatively low during an earnings call.

“So we’ve said often that we think that virtual reality and augmented reality could be the next big computing platform. But just to put that in perspective and compare it to the development of previous computing platforms, like phones and computers, I think the first smartphones came out in 2003,” Zuckerberg said in response to a question posed by a representative from USB. “And in the first year, I think BlackBerry and Palm Treo were the initial smartphones that came out. I think they each sold in the hundreds of thousands of units. So just to kind of give a sense of the time frame that we’re thinking about this and how we expect this to develop, that’s how we’re thinking about that.”

We don’t expect Oculus to share any specific pre-order figures unless they’re truly exceptional, as that info will be of competitive nature until the company’s two major competitors (HTC Vive and PlayStation VR) give their own prices and take pre-orders.

http://www.roadtovr.com/founder-oculus-rift-pre-orders-going-much-better-than-expected-sales/

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey