Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neocron vs. Face of Mankind

Ok so far, I just cruised past this site.. now I've actually registered, as I want to know something.
On the main page, I saw screenshots from a game called 'Faces of Mankind.' But when I looked at them, I though I was looking at Neocron. The style is the same, the setting is futuristic, and really, the artwork has a striking resemblence. Is this the same develop? Or the same group of graphic artists?

I ask this because I played beta in Neocron, and left when it went retail, mainly because I didnt have a creditcard.. and playing without one is not possible. It seems like Faces of Mankind still has to go into beta, so that could mean more free playi...erhm testing ;)

I'd do a search on this forum before posting a question, but I cant seem to find the search button.. I will look again though.

Thanks for any clarifications.

Comments

• TigerReiTigerRei Member UncommonPosts: 141
    A lot of people (including ones who registered for the Face of Mankind forum) have compared FoMK with NC. They're only similar in theme. Yes they look alike, but it's only because both are cyberpunk games. Other than that they share no similarity.

• ArkArkArkArk Member Posts: 6

I like face of mankind. It has promise. But then so did Neocron. 

I suppose they are similar in the same way that Ultima and Everquest are, as has been suggested alredy. But one has a constantly changing plot, based entirely on the actions of players. In fact you don't have any skills to level up on. You get promoted, depending if how many succesful missions you have. Infact, it's a hell of alot more complex than that.. you can get demoted, you don' thave to take promotion, the game balances the number of spaces somewhow.. with only one archbishopKingPin type person per faction....

Economics plays a huge part too in the differences too.  I see talk in the Face of Mankind community that suggestes that if you succeed in your mission is to take over a mining community run by one of the rival factions (or overrun by aliens), you can then control the price of that raw material in the stock market. The ramifications are....subtle, aint they?

Another thing is that I have found a thread dedicated to Neocron Refugees on the Face of Mankind website and not vice versa (which is understandable, maybe when Fomk gets played people will go back again?)  If you fit into that category, catch up with some of your lost friends here... http://forum.fomk.com/viewtopic.php?t=429.

Fingers crossed.

www.oldageplaystationers.com