Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does the geforce experiance just not optimize settings with older graphics cards?

DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371
I have a computer that I bought around 5 years ago. It was the top of the line at the time, but now the last 2 games I bought last year wich was gta 5 and witcher 3 it didn't meat the minimum requirements, but it still was able to play those games.

What I have is the gtx 480. On the GeForce experience game list. Those 2 games gta 5 and witcher 3, it says game cannot be optimized. Some of the other games I have installed i was able to one click optimize, but not those 2.

Does that optimization just not work with older GeForce cards or is it something else?

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    GPU vendors put most of their optimization work into the latest architecture and stop optimizing for old architectures once they have a full lineup of the new one out.  It has probably already been several years since Nvidia put any serious effort into optimizing drivers for your card, though they still fix bugs that pop up.  If they haven't discontinued driver support yet, they're probably due to do so pretty soon.  The GeForce 200 series cards that immediately preceded yours didn't update past the 341 series drivers, and the 340 series released in mid 2014.  For comparison, the 364 series is the latest.
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Could be as Quiz say's..or could be just that you need to run game then try again.

I have ran into it saying can not optimize, then launch game and go try again and it works.

Depends on why it can not optimize. Some games it needs you to launch and go to setting and then exit so it gets updated setting info.
  • ExplosiveBoltsExplosiveBolts Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Maybe you should learn how to adjust the settings yourself. If you can't do that, then maybe PC just isn't for you. Honestly it's not that difficult.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Mine has done the same thing with metal gear v.  IDK why it just won't optimize it.  Since your card shouldn't be playing those two games perhaps it won't even try to optimize.  But witcher 3 is being optimized for me.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    GoreBacke said:
    Maybe you should learn how to adjust the settings yourself. If you can't do that, then maybe PC just isn't for you. Honestly it's not that difficult.
    Why bother to post rude comments? 

If you do not want to help...move along please.
  • ExplosiveBoltsExplosiveBolts Member UncommonPosts: 22
    DarLorkar said:
    GoreBacke said:
    Why bother to post rude comments? 

If you do not want to help...move along please.
    I'm sorry if encouraging someone to learn how do something for themselves is considered rude.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    GeForce Experience optimizations aren't really all that useful anyway.  I've found manually tweaking the game settings often yields more desirable results.
    The goal is to find settings at which the game runs fast and looks good to you.  How fast is necessary is a matter of opinion, and what qualifies as "looks good" even more so.  So tweaking settings yourself can give you the settings you like, rather than the settings someone else likes.