Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remind me! 4 weeks - "Insider info; how deep does the rabbit hole go?"

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    goobsnews said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    goobsnews said:
    I don't believe that C Roberts has mental issues or what he's been doing has been on purpose. I just think he has horrible management skills and should of delegated his job to someone with more experience.
    I agree with this statement 100%

and I have been called a White Night
    Like, even his brother I think would of done a better job IMO. From what I hear about him he's a good guy.
    no idea.

I just know over a year ago when his wife was on stage and lightly joke 'late as usual' all the peices started to fall together.

I would without question hire CR as a lead on a Marketing Team though

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Pratt2112 said:
    When these high profile dudes start bailing out of the project the fanbois will just say it's normal, or he wasn't that good anyway.
    Already happened, courtesy of (who else?) Erillion
    Posters like Erillion are exactly the cause of the issue I mentioned above. He's incapable of posting an objective, unbiased opinion as well as having an obvious history of spinning off of posts he doesn't like but can't disprove outright and/or deflecting issues. He's become so obvious that his credibility is carved in granite to the fans of the project, while to those who are on the fence or who believe the project is doomed or a scam, know what he will say before he says it. No one will be changing their opinion one way or another by ANYTHING he posts. The same holds true for the "Derek Smarts" of the forum as well.

We have an extreme polarization of opinions to the point of absurdity where neither can actually be true. Where the real truth lies somewhere between points A and B but no one can explore the reality of it because the moment someone posts something moderate, he's simultaneously labeled a fanboy by the haters and a hater by the fanboys.
  • JohnP0100JohnP0100 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    CrazKanuk said:
    JohnP0100 said:
    Erillion said:
    Hey, The Smarty has linked to this thread from Twitter ;-)

And he cannot delete all his critics here like he does on his own Twitter account. Too bad :-D

Furthermore as he has many of us here on "ignore" for providing arguments he cannot refute, he does not even see this ;-)   Because that is his strategy ... arguments he does not see do not exist, so he is happy !

See let us enjoy once again the Derek Smart Failparade: (so his fans can read it too ,-) 

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3rs5vq/compiling_a_list_of_predictions_and_allegations/

When reality hits propaganda at full speed.

Have fun

WTF is this garbage?
    GTFO my thread with your personal attacks.

Can someone report Erillion's post please?   It is not working on the mobile site.

Mods,  alot of people follow dsmart and they will click his link. The fact post/posters like Erillion has not been dealt with, is not a good thing.

LOLWUT!!! Yeah, Erillion derailed this post...... Please refer to previous 4 pages for irrelevance. He's been more relevant than the majority of stuff that's been said. However, I can understand why you'd want to shut him up. "Silencing the Internet........ because the only thought that's relevant is mine."

Post flagged as trolling.....
    Yeah,  it is silencing someone by reporting a personal attack they made. Hang on a min... LOLWUT?

No one brought up dsmart but him. It is always hilarious to see pro-SC posters think of him 24/7.

It shows what PvP games are really all about, and no, it's not about more realism and immersion. It's about cowards hiding behind a screen to they can bully other defenseless players without any risk of direct retaliation like there would be if they acted like asshats in "real life". -Jean-Luc_Picard

Life itself is a game. So why shouldn't your game be ruined? - justmemyselfandi

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    goobsnews said:
    Jesus round and round in circles!!!!!

Don't worry, the circle will end when they A) Never deliver the game B.) Deliver a singleplayer game with 4% of the promised content, but I have a feeling that the SC fans will be perfectly okay with even that.
    There is already a playable Alpha...You must be about the most uninformed person on the internet.  Honestly.   I am not even a fan nor a backer of SC or CIG, but I played the free alpha.  It works, it's there, it's very alpha but it is there.  

Do you pay rent to live under that rock or...?

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    @Hatefull I don't see an alpha. I see concept demo you show to get backers at big investment firms. But that has been a core argument from both sides if it is or isn't. Going to be interesting what happens in around 4 weeks. 

Also thanks OP for posting this. Very eye opening. 

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited March 2016
    JohnP0100 said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    JohnP0100 said:
    Erillion said:
    Hey, The Smarty has linked to this thread from Twitter ;-)

And he cannot delete all his critics here like he does on his own Twitter account. Too bad :-D

Furthermore as he has many of us here on "ignore" for providing arguments he cannot refute, he does not even see this ;-)   Because that is his strategy ... arguments he does not see do not exist, so he is happy !

See let us enjoy once again the Derek Smart Failparade: (so his fans can read it too ,-) 

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3rs5vq/compiling_a_list_of_predictions_and_allegations/

When reality hits propaganda at full speed.

Have fun

WTF is this garbage?
    GTFO my thread with your personal attacks.

Can someone report Erillion's post please?   It is not working on the mobile site.

Mods,  alot of people follow dsmart and they will click his link. The fact post/posters like Erillion has not been dealt with, is not a good thing.

LOLWUT!!! Yeah, Erillion derailed this post...... Please refer to previous 4 pages for irrelevance. He's been more relevant than the majority of stuff that's been said. However, I can understand why you'd want to shut him up. "Silencing the Internet........ because the only thought that's relevant is mine."

Post flagged as trolling.....
    Yeah,  it is silencing someone by reporting a personal attack they made. Hang on a min... LOLWUT?

No one brought up dsmart but him. It is always hilarious to see pro-SC posters think of him 24/7.
    I believe that you should go through all posts on this thread again. You'll see that Erillion is maybe the only one who stayed relevant.

And what he wrote hardly qualifies as personal attack.

However, i do understand that the link he provided may make one or two individuals uncomfortable.
    Brenics said:
    @Hatefull I don't see an alpha. I see concept demo you show to get backers at big investment firms. But that has been a core argument from both sides if it is or isn't.

There is no argument. It only exists in your mind.
  • EmbersEmbers Member UncommonPosts: 66
    The best thing to come out of Star Citizen will be the legislation to prevent further abuse like this.
  • goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Hey, do you guys remember Star Marine? Hahahaha...that was a good one.
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Just going to leave this here, it's just merely an opinion.

edited March 2016
    Teala said:
    Just going to leave this here, it's just merely an opinion.

A weab has something bad to say about Derek Smart? Man...that's definitely not normal.

Current "game" status:

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I can't believe people are up in arms about this thread.  If you don't like or believe it just wait four weeks and see if it fails to pan out.
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    DS has been predicting the death of SC for almost a year now and nothing he has said has been true, not one damn thing.  I suspect this is just one of his little minions pulling a DS - "SC is doomed!"  Why does MMORPG.com allow garbage post like this to continue to be posted?  I guess because they are becoming more and more non-relevant in the gaming community because they allow threads like this to even exist.
    edited March 2016
    Healthy community.

Open Development.

What isn't there to love?! The game is DEFINITELY coming out guys.

3.jpg 56.9K
    5.jpg 350.6K
    2.png 188.5K
    4.jpg 259.5K
    1.png 163K
  • TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    edited March 2016
    Teala said:
    DS has been predicting the death of SC for almost a year now and nothing he has said has been true, not one damn thing.  I suspect this is just one of his little minions pulling a DS - "SC is doomed!"  Why does MMORPG.com allow garbage post like this to continue to be posted?  I guess because they are becoming more and more non-relevant in the gaming community because they allow threads like this to even exist.
    Actually lots of things he has said have come true, there is also things that he has said that has not come true.  Dismissing everything he has said and predicted is just as ridicules as it is to believe everything he has said.  
  • ChalksChalks Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Can someone explain the Derek Smart thing to me?  He's a developer who thinks the game is a joke, I get that, but there have been several other developers who've said the same thing - what is it about Derek Smart that people get so attached to?

Sorry if this is a derailment, it's just always fascinated me.  Guy who made a bad game says another game is bad and this is some how proof that it's not bad....  I don't get it.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Chalks said:
    Can someone explain the Derek Smart thing to me?  He's a developer who thinks the game is a joke, I get that, but there have been several other developers who've said the same thing - what is it about Derek Smart that people get so attached to?

Sorry if this is a derailment, it's just always fascinated me.  Guy who made a bad game says another game is bad and this is some how proof that it's not bad....  I don't get it.
    Basically it is a matter of disregarding the message due to the source. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

I can't believe people are up in arms about this thread.  If you don't like or believe it just wait four weeks and see if it fails to pan out.
    Well that's just it, arguing with SC anti-fans is like playing chess with a pigeon, whether this so called hot tip pans out or not, they'll still only manage to knock over the game pieces, shit on the game board, and then strut around as if they'd won. This pointless emo drama only pushes more people into extreme diametrically opposed camps, where neither will deign to listen to what the other says. Any time it looks like the Anti-fans might have managed to get their hands on some damning evidence they can't help but ham it up until people who would have otherwise been of an open mind, are no longer willing to take any of said evidence at face value.
    Yeah because you cultists are the poster child for reasonable debate, right? Get a grip.
  • EmbersEmbers Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Chalks said:

Industry insiders knew long before Derek Smart came along.

Embers said:
    Chalks said:

Omg. Im dying, hahahaahaha so spot on.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited March 2016
    Embers said:
    Chalks said:

who the F is Derek Smart??????????????????????????????

i joke I dont know and I dont want to know but that was his question

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• DrakmarDrakmar Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Teala said:
    Actually lots of things he has said have come true, there is also things that he has said that has not come true.  Dismissing everything he has said and predicted is just as ridicules as it is to believe everything he has said.  
    Please enlighten me what he has said that has come true ? Because I can be a Nostradamus too.

There will be a delay, there will be a developer leaving SC !

1) Delays - Every game in the development process run's into delays, you just don't hear about them because at this stage it's behind closed doors.

2) Developer leaves the game - Another one that simply gets misunderstood, it is very common for people to come and go in every development process and it doesn't mean anything negative what so ever.  

So please enlighten me.....
    Teala said:
    Actually lots of things he has said have come true,
    Can you please name a few for us ?
    Teala said:
    Like i said in page 1, media knows and staff from this site has access to the same posts / threads.

It shows what PvP games are really all about, and no, it's not about more realism and immersion. It's about cowards hiding behind a screen to they can bully other defenseless players without any risk of direct retaliation like there would be if they acted like asshats in "real life". -Jean-Luc_Picard

Drakmar said:
    Teala said:
    Please enlighten me what he has said that has come true ? Because I can be a Nostradamus too.

There will be a delay, there will be a developer leaving SC !

1) Delays - Every game in the development process run's into delays, you just don't hear about them because at this stage it's behind closed doors.

2) Developer leaves the game - Another one that simply gets misunderstood, it is very common for people to come and go in every development process and it doesn't mean anything negative what so ever.  

So please enlighten me.....
    The reason why dsmart is credible than you is because he predicted exactly who will leave.  He said the Star marine project manager left before the announcement.

This discussion has been closed.