Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remind me! 4 weeks - "Insider info; how deep does the rabbit hole go?"

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    filmoret said:
    So Chris thinks that advertising and pulling in money is more important then making a playable game.  This has been clear since the second year.  I think he's in way over his head on this one, he's got Trump syndrome where no one can be right but himself.  Combine this with small man syndrome and we have one of the biggest potential disasters in gaming history.  I honestly thought they would at least produce a game but at this point I'm beginning to doubt it.

The head of a company wants said company to make money. News at 6.
    The head of the company wants said company to make money without actually selling anything or delivering said products.  Next time pay attention before pulling 1 line out of context.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Erillion said:
    goobsnews said:
    Hahaha. I'm glad EightAce's insider post made it's way here. I can't blame Oldman for wanting to distance himself from this train wreck.
    You should mention that this post is a product from the TOTALLY UNBIASED somethingawful.com forum ;-)

Which gave us such memorable moments such as  the "Flying Penis Incident" (Second Life) or the "Thou should commmit suicide!" demands to a clinically depressed player (EVE Online).

I am sure we can expect more such high quality input on Star Citizen in the future. 

Have fun
    Well, technically the post is from someone who works at Foundry 42 who then posted it on a developer forum first, then other websites afterwards. So you're basically saying mmorpg and SA are the same thing if you wish to spread your hate-mongering like you are. I don't know why you keep trying to de-rail the thread. Did someone hit a nerve? Keep your posts on topic please and not your tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited March 2016
    goobsnews said:
    Well, technically the post HAS BEEN CLAIMED WITHOUT EVIDENCE TO COME FROM someone who works at Foundry 42 who then SUPPOSEDLY posted it on AN UNMENTIONED developer forum first, then SUPPOSEDLY TO other UNNNAMED websites afterwards.

Corrected that for you.

Have fun

PS:

Let us not forget what somethingawful.com and especially the SA-"Goons" (from EVE Online, and now also Star Citizen)  there are best known for :

*  Agitprop campaigns and
    *  Metagaming

Prime examples are these so called "insider" posts. And this is not the first one coming from that "source" and having been posted here (and which later have been shown to consist of a lot of false prognoses and some self-evident "predictions" (CIG will post more trailers with actors mentioned on their homepage .. now THAT is truely a revelation of epic proportions)). 
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    edited March 2016
    Rhoklaw said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Brenics said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Brenics said:
    Only non-normal person in all this is Roberts. The guy clearly has mental issues and couldn't produce a playable game if his life depended on it. 

Wait.......IT DOES!
    clearly I disagree. not that CR is non-normal but that people in these threads are not deeply disturbed people
    [mod edit]
    ah i see

but you dont see anything odd about not being a backer and yet spending every day year over year 'prooving' to backers that their choice was a stupid one?

really?
    Initially, people were saying CR, CiG and SC were a bad investment. It wasn't until the "backers" chimed in with blind faith that they included themselves as a target. I could care less how people spend their money, because it's their money. I guess you could say people deserve the truth about the state of the game. Problem is, you won't see CR or CiG providing that info. At least not in a believable format.
    His point still stands, if these people don't share your thoughts on the project and wish to continue to support it, why contentiously try to shove it down their throat? Why do some of these guys feel the need to prove they are right and others are wrong?

Sharing you thought is cool, but threads like this don't help the argument people are presenting. At the end of the day if the project flops or does well, it's a bridge we will eventually cross, theres no need to obsess and link every he said she said blog post or article. Imho it's just stirring the pot for no reason, it's been like 6 months or longer for some, and this whole discussion has gone no where. Everyone is just repeating themselves.

:/
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    remember! the EQN rumors were just trolls... oh wait..
    Herase said:
     Everyone is just repeating themselves.

:/
    In some cases ... 31 times  (and yes, i have been counting) .... 32nd attempt was yesterday.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    goobsnews said:
    Well, technically the post HAS BEEN CLAIMED WITHOUT EVIDENCE TO COME FROM someone who works at Foundry 42 who then SUPPOSEDLY posted it on AN UNMENTIONED developer forum first, then SUPPOSEDLY TO other UNNNAMED websites afterwards.

Corrected that for you.

Have fun

PS:

Let us not forget what somethingawful.com and especially the SA-"Goons" (from EVE Online, and now also Star Citizen)  there are best known for :

*  Metagaming

Prime examples are these so called "insider" posts. And this is not the first one coming from that "source" and having been posted here (and which later have been shown to consist of a lot of false prognoses and some self-evident "predictions" (CIG will post more trailers with actors mentioned on their homepage .. now THAT is truely a revelation of epic proportions)). 
    You haven't done any research regarding EightAce I see so this would be like arguing with a 3 year old. Anyway I'm going to get back on topic and not get baited by a shill anymore.

Anyone else think the other A listers are going to follow in Oldman's stead and distance themselves from this "project"?
    remember! the EQN rumors were just trolls... oh wait..
    What was the name of the company that bought CIG, renamed the company  and then cancelled SC ? Seems like i missed that.

Have fun
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    goobsnews said:
    Erillion said:
    goobsnews said:

Corrected that for you.

Have fun

PS:

*  Metagaming

You haven't done any research regarding EightAce I see so this would be like arguing with a 3 year old. Anyway I'm going to get back on topic and not get baited by a shill anymore.

Anyone else think the other A listers are going to follow in Oldman's stead and distance themselves from this "project"?
    Well Mark Hamil is in all the way I'm sure. Most of his work since Star Wars has been voice acting for cartoons and video games. So SC being a train wreak most likely wont bother him one bit as long as hes getting paid.

goobsnews said:

Well Mark Hamil is in all the way I'm sure. Most of his work since Star Wars has been voice acting for cartoons and video games. So SC being a train wreak most likely wont bother him one bit as long as hes getting paid.
    I mean, Anderson already laughed at the project so I'm sure she wouldn't care either, she's already been paid. If they need to redo the mo-cap they'll have to bring the people back in probably and do it all over again.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    rodarin said:
    CrazKanuk said:

. I think, in the case of SC, it's due to the fact that it's SOOO big, plus Crowdfunded, plus has carried on their funding efforts, so it's a perfect storm. Lots of Internet Hate though. 
    Why do people keep saying this? Because that is what they claim(ed)? We already know everything is going to be (tiny) instanced so 'big' is definitely a misnomer.

Sorry, I wasn't talking big in the sense of scope, but money. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

You say Anti-SC I say pro-truthseeking.

LOL, truth seekers. Truth seeking implies some degree of ability to not believe every single bit of hearsay that comes your way, especially if that information falls in line with your subjective opinion. I see very little evidence some can do that. Might be why they come off as "anti-SC"...

Anyway, here's to hoping some actual truth comes to light in four weeks.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    This is a great post and it does show how much trouble Roberts is in. Plus the way a lot of pro SC people act in this thread does show how bad they want any thread that puts SC in a bad light closed. Which gives this post a lot of credibility. 

I really wish 3 years ago Roberts would of just made the game with the original idea. He just couldn't resist adding stuff the game just did not need at the time. So instead of a good game being made he just created a train that ran off the tracks. 

That is exactly the problem with Roberts. 

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Brenics said:
    This is a great post and it does show how much trouble Roberts is in. Plus the way a lot of pro SC people act in this thread does show how bad they want any thread that puts SC in a bad light closed. Which gives this post a lot of credibility. 

I really wish 3 years ago Roberts would of just made the game with the original idea. He just couldn't resist adding stuff the game just did not need at the time. So instead of a good game being made he just created a train that ran off the tracks. 

The response to the post on the SC Reddit (Well known for being verrrrry pro SC) was to delete it immediately. I think that's more telling than anything. Why not just let it exist and have the believers laugh at how bad and wrong it is like all other anti-SC posts on there? I'm glad more people are waking up to this.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    goobsnews said:
    Brenics said:

The response to the post on the SC Reddit (Well known for being verrrrry pro SC) was to delete it immediately. I think that's more telling than anything. Why not just let it exist and have the believers laugh at how bad and wrong it is like all other anti-SC posts on there? I'm glad more people are waking up to this.
    Exactly, if they would just allow these posts to stay and in a few weeks if nothing happens they can point to threads like this and say see nothing bad. 

Plus if all this does come true why be mad at gamers like us that is just trying to inform people there are problems and Roberts needs to accept it and do something to actually save his game. But then after 100m+ dollars his trouble could be he wasted all that cash and now is in financial trouble. Even then he could come clean tell the backers what he did wrong and try and fix it so the game still gets made. 

Problem is he is the overall problem and refuses to see it. Always someone else's fault, like Smart or people like me that post logical threads and asks the right questions. Never Roberts fault. 

It really is sad because over all the guy does have some great ideas. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

So Chris thinks that advertising and pulling in money is more important then making a playable game.  This has been clear since the second year.  I think he's in way over his head on this one, he's got Trump syndrome where no one can be right but himself.  Combine this with small man syndrome and we have one of the biggest potential disasters in gaming history.  I honestly thought they would at least produce a game but at this point I'm beginning to doubt it.
    They can still produce a game imo.  I don't see how it will run smooth with all that detail in a universe filled with players.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited March 2016
    Brenics said:
    goobsnews said:
    Brenics said:

Exactly, if they would just allow these posts to stay and in a few weeks if nothing happens they can point to threads like this and say see nothing bad. 

Plus if all this does come true why be mad at gamers like us that is just trying to inform people there are problems and Roberts needs to accept it and do something to actually save his game. But then after 100m+ dollars his trouble could be he wasted all that cash and now is in financial trouble. Even then he could come clean tell the backers what he did wrong and try and fix it so the game still gets made. 

Problem is he is the overall problem and refuses to see it. Always someone else's fault, like Smart or people like me that post logical threads and asks the right questions. Never Roberts fault. 

It really is sad because over all the guy does have some great ideas. 

I think part of why I want to see this fail is because the community is so toxic and evil that it would fill me with satisfaction seeing this thing crumble. We're talking about a community where a guy bragged about duping his 82 year old elderly neighbor with dementia into getting internet even though she doesnt have a computer so that he could steal her bandwidth. 
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    goobsnews said:
    Brenics said:

If you had control of a forum and someone called you all the names under the sun, accused you of fraud, accused you of racism, accused you of misuse of funds, accused you of blah blah blah would you shrug and 'let them post the lies it will not have any effect' or would you deal with them?

Hell this site deletes posts and bans posters for stuff they write (lots of SC haters too) because they are obviously troll posts, of flaming or contravening something in the TOS.

Why should ANY site be any different.

Post stupid shit, expect it to get deleted! 
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    What makes these 4 weeks so special? (no i didn't read any of it)

I mean, certain people on here have been predicting the doom of this game is coming every other week for the last 2 years or so..... so again, why are these 4 weeks so special? 
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    goobsnews said:
    Brenics said:

If you had control of a forum and someone called you all the names under the sun, accused you of fraud, accused you of racism, accused you of misuse of funds, accused you of blah blah blah would you shrug and 'let them post the lies it will not have any effect' or would you deal with them?

Hell this site deletes posts and bans posters for stuff they write (lots of SC haters too) because they are obviously troll posts, of flaming or contravening something in the TOS.

Why should ANY site be any different.

Post stupid shit, expect it to get deleted! 
    For real? You mean all the things mentioned in the Escape Artists article? The things that Roberts threatened to sue over.... but never did when EA called their bluff and kept the article up?

Jesus round and round in circles!!!!!

edited March 2016

Don't worry, the circle will end when they A) Never deliver the game B.) Deliver a singleplayer game with 4% of the promised content, but I have a feeling that the SC fans will be perfectly okay with even that.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Your 'friend's are either badly informed about what it means to get involved in a game at such an early stage or shouldn't be allowed to manage their own finances. 

Either way blaming the game for their own failings at life is just outrageously....inept. 
    I have to agree about the first part.  Games seldom come out according to plans.  They can go through major changes during development.  At launch it could look like a totally different game.  Smart money waits to see the final product before going all in.  I'm interested in this game so I paid the $35 for the right to access it from time to time and see how it's actually going. 

Anyway this turns out, it's a good life lesson for your friend.  Better learned when young then old.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

goobsnews said:

Don't worry, the circle will end when they A) Never deliver the game B.) Deliver a singleplayer game with 4% of the promised content, but I have a feeling that the SC fans will be perfectly okay with even that.
    No C?

Surely you are not that obtuse!
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited March 2016
    So, Star Citizen has 31 pages of threads so far. And on page 1, I added up all the thread replies and at the time of this posting that number was 2875 total replies on page 1 (31 pages)

I wonder what single topic dominates all 2-3K posts per page for 31 pages?

Do we really need to start new threads every day do that we can continue to argue back and forth over how SC is or isn't a scam?

I mean, at this point we all have our opinions pretty well formed. There really isn't anything new that's going to change them,,,,unless it comes from CIG directly.

Hell, even some insider authority dropping some bomb doesn't change anything.
This discussion has been closed.