Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you help me with this?

slowpoke68slowpoke68 Member UncommonPosts: 545
I really want to like this game.  I have tried it a couple of times and haven't made it past level 10.

I think it is beautiful and the game world seems great.

Here are my problems.

There are only 4 classes.  I know you can customize your character, but it still seems like so little variance.  Can someone explain to me what I'm not seeing?  Is the customization enough where you really end up with some variety?  Looking at the skills it seems like you just end up with only a few options.

It seems really easy, does it get harder at some point?

Do people group in this game or is it pretty much all solo play?

Like I say would love to get into this game.  Just looking for some insight into these things that are stopping me from sticking with it.

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    I am kinda in the same boat. I keep the game on HDD just because I get abysmal download speeds.

I have no idea how can people tolerate atrocious animations...
  • Mouloxtos85Mouloxtos85 Member UncommonPosts: 66
     Basically ESO gives you the chance to skip class restrictions.. You wanna be a rogue healer? Done! You feel like becoming a mage tank? Done! So yeah there is variety cause according to the weapons you choose you unlock new paths. Skill trees are so many to choose from and explore new skills as you progress (factions skills and vampire/werewolf , etc).
     The game gets harder as you progress but yeah , it feels like a solo play most of the times. That doesn't mean that you can't find helpful and friendly people and play with them, do dungeon runs , questing and challenges or even pvp. Give it a go, the atmosphere of this game is really nice , there is a lot of content and lots of things to do. I enjoyed it personally for a good amount of time, so personally I recommend that you jump in.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,442
    edited March 2016
    I started in early December and loving the game.  Agree gameworld  is gorgeous.  For me this game feels like Skyrim online.  Love the questing in this game. No where near maxed out my character and have loads of content to do.  

I also wish there more than 4 classes but as you progress you can see how you can play differently with your character with regards the different specs.  For instance, I have a sorcer who uses destruction staff and dark magic and just recently decided to equip restoration staff and work on the healing line. My nightblade uses dual daggers with a largely stamina build.  Ive heard they may add another class in the future, not sure, maybe just nonesense. 

I found play in the beginning fairly simple and my sorcerer was mowing down everything. Now I find myself dying much more frequently. Maybe I need to tweak my build , not sure.  For the most part I play solo, which I love, but I have done some dungeon runs with groups.  Also I've done some public dungeons with other people.  I love the game lets me solo for the most part and group if I wish. Best of both worlds for me.  

• MwaazieMwaazie Member UncommonPosts: 3
    There are only 4 classes.  I know you can customize your character, but it still seems like so little variance.  Can someone explain to me what I'm not seeing?  Is the customization enough where you really end up with some variety?  Looking at the skills it seems like you just end up with only a few options.
    There is actually a LOT of options you have in my opinion. Actually I found it quite hard to make a viable build without research on the net, there is a lot of synergy going on, your passives, your actives (cross-skill line) your armor, set of your armor, traits of your armor, enchant of your armor, your mundus stone ("Standing Stone" if you played Skyrim) With every class you can be pretty much tank, DD (stamina or magicka which doesnt mean "melee or magic", many close quarter skill uses magicka) or healer. Of course there are some build that's easier and more logic to do but for example I have no problem tanking with my Nightblade which you'd originally think would be your "rogue" class. You just have to use the right skills from your class and pair it with the right skills from your weapon skills, armor passives etc.
    It seems really easy, does it get harder at some point?
    If your build is viable the main storyline + the main quests wont be a problem, you can find delves which i'd say are pretty much mini dungeons they are very easy with an easy boss in each, there are however public dungeons things like that you can visit without a party and those can be quite challenging with bigger groups of enemies and multiple bosses in each one.
    Also world bosses can be a pain if you do it alone and your build doesn't go well against said boss, with a good build they can be done solo though.

Then there are group dungeons which is a WHOLE different world, don't even think going solo with that.

Do people group in this game or is it pretty much all solo play?
    I think there's a fair amount of grouping BUT this is not your typical 90 man raid game. I'm not at endgame yet (just returned after a long hiatus) so i'm not an expert on what you can get there but i see lots of people LFG or LFM.

on tons of people outside the walls with siege engins and whatever. BUT the lag sometimes can be brainhurty and as always with these scale of PVP there is zerging.