I'm not looking for another pvp game. I play LoL and if I want pvp I can go there. What I can't find in the games that are currently out is a great player community. Many times you will see a great community of players in pve games. While there are nice people playing pvp games, pvp games seem to have a high percentage of unpleasant people playing them. For a game to have a good community, there needs to be mechanisms in place for players to work together and make friends. Some ways I think you can help create a good community are:
1. Encourage grouping and player interaction - I don't mind for there to be some ability to solo but the game should strongly encourage grouping as the optimal way to achieve goals in the game. I would love a game where there is a bonus reward for groups to be full.
2. Encourage players to join guilds and alliances and encourage the guilds and alliances to recruit players - Many games have guilds and/or alliances but few games seem to have much reason for players to join guilds and the guilds don't have much reason to recruit players.
3. Encourage zergs - I am fine with all types of pvp, 1v1 or group vs group or zerg vs zerg. However, I think a rvr games is meant to have zerg vs zerg. Why automatically ally all players in a realm if you don't want them to fight together as a realm? If the main emphasis is 1v1 or group vs group then why make it a rvr game?
4. Player Structures - These can be shops, alliance halls, castles or defenses that players can gather around and interact with other players.
5. Player Economy - Players interacting to trade goods and services is another way a community can develop.
6. Removal of Players who are rude to, steal from or harass other players.
I really hope that CU does not leave it to chance that a good player community develops but actively looks for ways to encourage its development.