Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Alpha 2.3 Patch now live on PTU server (With Starfarer Tanker and Khartu Scout)

Comments

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    edited March 2016
    Let's put this into perspective. This subforum, here on mmorpg.com, has 20 threads per page for 31 pages, dating back to October 2012. This one little update has 10 threads per page for 471 pages and counting.

Sorry, guys, but "it's alpha" doesn't cut it. They're to a point that everything they add breaks multiple other parts. Broken code is broken. The thing is critical mass.

edit : citation https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha

• adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    A new ship that was promised months ago appears in non flying form.  

Amazing patch.  2.3 didn't actually include any additional GAME but the backers are so happy to receive 'any old crap' so #winning
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Thank you for the link to the SC Issue Council.  Works well for priorizing and reproducing bugs so they can be patched out. Also shows the massive player participation in the testing process.

Have fun
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Let's put this into perspective. This subforum, here on mmorpg.com, has 20 threads per page for 31 pages, dating back to October 2012. This one little update has 10 threads per page for 471 pages and counting.

Sorry, guys, but "it's alpha" doesn't cut it. They're to a point that everything they add breaks multiple other parts. Broken code is broken. The thing is critical mass.

edit : citation https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha

So wait, alpha (the point where they test, add and remove systems) is no excuse for issues with said features? Irrefutable indeed.  =)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Adjuvant1 said:
     for 471 pages
    Found this VERY serious error/bug on page 471. Clearly should be pushed to page 1 for maximum priority ! ;-)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SC-10170 Can't stay drunk!

Created a month ago (February 19, 2016 12:14 AM)

General information

• Module Star Citizen Alpha
    • Version 2.1.2
    • Category Art/Animation
    • Extra
      • Asset type Maps
      • Asset name Self Land Hangar
    Reporter
    Grayson
    Grayson Grayson
    Operating systemWindows 10
    OS languageenglish
    Memory16 GB
    Graphic card memory6 GB

Steps to reproduce

1. Walk up to bar decoration in your hanger.
    2. Open bar.
    3. Drink lots and lots of booze.
    4. Get Drunk.
    5. Walk drunk to ship (camera should be very fuzzy and wobbly after all the delicious booze).
    6. Get in ship drunk with the intent to drink and fly. Naughty pirate!
    7. Sit in pilots seat.
    8. Suddenly not drunk (camera reverts to normal).

Actual result

So I bought the bar decoration for my hanger and proceeded to get very drunk. Drinking multiple shots of just about every bottle of booze until my point of view camera was very very fuzzy and wobbling indicating I had impaired vision. Then I went and got in my Mustang Beta to see if I could drink and fly but as soon as I sat in the pilots seat my camera view reverted to normal. If I'm going to practice being a pirate I need to be able to drink and fly! Wait a minute... you didn't give me cheap booze did you?

Expected result

Camera should be fuzzy and wobbly indicating you have impaired vision for as long as the effect is supposed to last even while flying.

Evidence

From the creator / 4
    • Time to get this 1 man party started
    • Whoooo If I could take off my armor shirt I would
    • Wow Im ripped Lets take this bad boy for a spin I know you cant fly from here but its the thought that counts amirightladies
    • Completely sober Boooo Not fair SCADD Star Citizens Against Drunk Dogfighting
    From contributors / 0
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have copied it here because the bug description will expire in 10 min (after a total of one month, with no one having been able to reproduce this bug).

Have fun
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Never personally seen one.
    Is that what she told you ;-) ?

And what does it have to do with Star Citizen Alpha testing ?

Have fun
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    edited March 2016
    Lets try to stay on topic guys.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• SmartySmartSmartySmart Member UncommonPosts: 312
    edited March 2016
    As always... from topic to off-topic with ridiculous speed

deeeerailed
  • JohnP0100JohnP0100 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    So..Did a single feature that Chris Roberts promise in 2.3 actually get delivered in 2.3?

*Looks through the notes*

Don't see any.
    /shrug

It shows what PvP games are really all about, and no, it's not about more realism and immersion. It's about cowards hiding behind a screen to they can bully other defenseless players without any risk of direct retaliation like there would be if they acted like asshats in "real life". -Jean-Luc_Picard

Life itself is a game. So why shouldn't your game be ruined? - justmemyselfandi

JohnP0100 said:
    So..Did a single feature that Chris Roberts promise in 2.3 actually get delivered in 2.3?

*Looks through the notes*

Don't see any.
    /shrug
    Look again e.g. MISC Starfarer Tanker.

Have fun
  • NokksonwoodNokksonwood Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    I find the tag of *have fun* to be slightly creepy if used too many times. I hope this game does well, but it seems to be the biggest joke in the gaming world atm. I have seen indie projects with little money produce so much more.

It goes beyond insanity the amount of money this game has received and the content it has put out so far.
    The potential for this game is absolutely amazing, but I feel the company and peeps behind it are failing hard atm.

• RolleZRolleZ Member UncommonPosts: 42
    What a gawd darn mess.
  • Broken.ArrowBroken.Arrow Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Erillion said:

Have fun 
    The potential for this game is absolutely amazing, but I feel the company and peeps behind it are failing hard atm.

Easy way to fix that.:
    Buy more ships, pictures of ships, ships of pictures, etc. But only from Croberts Space Emporium. 

Because, I heard a friend say that a buddy let him know that the word on the grapevine is that infinite money given = infinite quality game in infinite development.

Everything is awesome. 

---

A proud User of [[Adblock Plus]], to block out all the bullshit paid advertisements (also read as "game reviews") spam on mmorpg.com. 

----

I was banned for pointing out the obvious faults in a game 2 months before it released.
    Now after release, repeating the very same words from back then would be like preaching to the choir on this site.
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Is that you snuggles?
  • SmartySmartSmartySmart Member UncommonPosts: 312
    The armchair developers have spoken. Their many years of experience in project management, advertising, business models and game development are clearly enough to know exactly what is wrong with CIG and how they should run their business. They know it better than all people @ CIG. CIG should hire them armchair developers

Really... 110mio., 300 employees should be enough to complete this scam in a few weeks. Incompetent CIG.

/sarcasm off
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Well if you really think about it when the first code was written back in 2011 by Roberts. You have to understand that code has been thrown out for more intense code in 2012. But really in 2013 Roberts had a bigger brain fart and the old code was thrown out. Which lead to 2014 and new tech coming in so Roberts like the intelligent being he is thru out the old code to start over with better coed and ideas. Which then lead to 2015 where another brain fart had Roberts starting fresh with new ideas and gfx. Then 2016 hit and one developer new to CIG said all models are being redone (think he was fired for that one), Star Marine was canceled but not canceled because it is in the PU already. So here we sit waiting for the next big brain fart Roberts has. 

Good days, good coding, good designer! 

2016 the year SC was started, oh and buy those ships!!
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Brenics said:
    Well if you really think about it when the first code was written back in 2011 by Roberts.
    --> Speculation. You were not there.

You have to understand that code has been thrown out for more intense code in 2012.

But really in 2013 Roberts had a bigger brain fart and the old code was thrown out.

-->  You an expert on Brain farts ?

Which lead to 2014 and new tech coming in so Roberts like the intelligent being he is thru out the old code

to start over with better coed and ideas. Which then lead to 2015 where another brain fart

--> You have an obsession  thing with brain farts ?

had Roberts starting fresh with new ideas and gfx. Then 2016 hit and one developer new to CIG said all models are being redone

--> He was talking about FPS character models in a "Reverse the Verse" episode.

(think he was fired for that one),

--> Speculation.  Dare i say it ..... any proof for your claim ? 

Star Marine was canceled

--> It was not. But do go on .....

but not canceled because it is in the PU already.

--> Gold Horizon station for Star Marine simpod PvP will be added at a later date (although we know how it looks like as there are enough videos about it. But first they want to finish all animations and models)

So here we sit waiting for the next big brain fart Roberts has.

--> Again. You love brain farts, it seems to me.  You may sit and wait. Enjoy!

--> Bitter much ? That despite all your vitriol Star Citizen is gaining many thousands of new backers every month (and tenthousands of supporters that want to stay informed  ..... over 1.3 million interested Star Citizens so far).

--> Have fun

edited March 2016
    Erillion said:
    Brenics said:
    Well if you really think about it when the first code was written back in 2011 by Roberts.

You have to understand that code has been thrown out for more intense code in 2012.

But really in 2013 Roberts had a bigger brain fart and the old code was thrown out.

Which lead to 2014 and new tech coming in so Roberts like the intelligent being he is thru out the old code

to start over with better coed and ideas. Which then lead to 2015 where another brain fart

--> You have an obsession  thing with brain farts ?

had Roberts starting fresh with new ideas and gfx. Then 2016 hit and one developer new to CIG said all models are being redone

--> He was talking about FPS character models in a "Reverse the Verse" episode.

(think he was fired for that one),

--> Speculation.  Dare i say it ..... any proof for your claim ? 

Star Marine was canceled

--> It was not. But do go on .....

but not canceled because it is in the PU already.

--> Gold Horizon station for Star Marine simpod PvP will be added at a later date (although we know how it looks like as there are enough videos about it. But first they want to finish all animations and models)

So here we sit waiting for the next big brain fart Roberts has.

--> Again. You love brain farts, it seems to me.  You may sit and wait. Enjoy!

--> Bitter much ? That despite all your vitriol Star Citizen is gaining many thousands of new backers every month (and tenthousands of supporters that want to stay informed  ..... over 1.3 million interested Star Citizens so far).

--> Have fun

It is safe to say you weren't there either but in fact from Roberts own mouth, first code was written by him in 2011. All the rest is facts if you would listen/read from your own posts. Can't call it speculation when you have provided the info for all of us to see. Except for that one video I believe someone else posted it where the new guy says all models being redone. You should find out if the guy still works for them. :-D

Oh by the way free weekends does not count as support for the game. Majority of people signed up just to see how bad the concept demo's are. 

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Brenics said:

Oh by the way free weekends does not count as support for the game. Majority of people signed up just to see how bad the concept demo's are. 
    Got a chart or a link or ANY evidence to show that is the fact and not just your (hugely biased) opinion?
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Brenics said:
    Erillion said:

--> Have fun

It is safe to say you weren't there either but in fact from Roberts own mouth, first code was written by him in 2011. All the rest is facts if you would listen/read from your own posts. Can't call it speculation when you have provided the info for all of us to see. Except for that one video I believe someone else posted it where the new guy says all models being redone. You should find out if the guy still works for them. :-D

Yeah I remember that video well. After a slight awkward moment of silence the devs all quickly changed the subject to PANTS!! LOL

Brenics said:

They must really pity CIG after watching the "bad concept demo's".

Because after the LAST free weekend around 10.000 more ships where added to the UEE Fleet Counter, so i can only assume that some of that "majority of people" you mention bought a pledge package to help those poor bastards at CIG.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Brenics said:

Because after the LAST free weekend around 10.000 more ships where added to the UEE Fleet Counter, so i can only assume that some of that "majority of people" you mention bought a pledge package to help those poor bastards at CIG.

Have fun
    Other than the money chart on site, you have proof (you ask it from us) that is true? Majority of us haven't trusted that money chart for a while. 

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Brenics said:
    Erillion said:
    Brenics said:

Have fun
    Other than the money chart on site, you have proof (you ask it from us) that is true? Majority of us haven't trusted that money chart for a while. 
    It's not fact checked or peer reviewed. We have no way to know what those numbers mean or if they're real. If it can't be investigated and legitimized, the number is meaningless.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Erillion said:
    As an expert on brain farts, I can safely say that they sometimes smell but not always.  To prevent future cases, it helps to understand what causes them.  In that regard, I present this fascinating post about 10 things that can cause them.

http://www.livescience.com/33841-10-everyday-brain-farts.html

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Adjuvant1 said:
    It's not fact checked or peer reviewed. We have no way to know what those numbers mean or if they're real. If it can't be investigated and legitimized, the number is meaningless.
    Except that it HAS been investigated and legitimized by outside, very trusted sources

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/2015/preview/files/assets/basic-html/page17.html

because nothing enters the Guiness Book of World records without verification.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/FAQ/

"When you submit an application, the Records Management Team carefully assess this to confirm whether or not your proposal can be accepted, and when you submit your evidence, the team will run comprehensive checks on this evidence to confirm whether it is sufficient enough to demonstrate that you have achieved the record title in question."

I doubt that CIG has changed its "money counter" since 4th March 2014 and those 39,68 M$ mentioned in the Guiness Book 2015.

Have fun