Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Karma System

MangledBLMangledBL Member UncommonPosts: 20
I have a serious question about this Karma system before I purchase this game...

I really would like to play this game but at the moment from what I have been reading over on the Official forums, it seem's that the Karma system is rather harsh... I see people complaining all the time that currently they cannot even defend themselves without being flagged and losing durability to their items if they die.  There have been a few instances where a person defends his farming spot and only kills 10 characters and  he is maxed out in negative Karma....

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?  This seems kinda silly to have in a game that nearly centers around PVP....

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited March 2016
    You need a guild so you can farm in group and rotate PKers. Yeah, it's a korean game...
  • RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    There releasing an update to the Karma system soon in korean version along with a few other classes so we will get it soon im sure.
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Doesn't center around pvp just open pvp at cap. Most of the content is pve. What people are complaining about is that the attacker is flagged as receives neg Karma the defender does not. If I'm not mistaken even a bystander can help the defender without penalty. Once you're negative karma you're flagged and anybody can attack you and you have a chance of breaking chants and dropping gear. System is put in place for the griefer gankers. There will always be the few who abuse the system looking for loop holes on both sides of the coin. You like non penalty pvp wait for the outlaw town.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    mikuniman said:
    Doesn't center around pvp just open pvp at cap. Most of the content is pve. What people are complaining about is that the attacker is flagged as receives neg Karma the defender does not. If I'm not mistaken even a bystander can help the defender without penalty. Once you're negative karma you're flagged and anybody can attack you and you have a chance of breaking chants and dropping gear. System is put in place for the griefer gankers. There will always be the few who abuse the system looking for loop holes on both sides of the coin. You like non penalty pvp wait for the outlaw town.
    Torval said:
    You don't get negative Karma for defending yourself. I think you meant to say you don't want to get negative Karma for PKing 10 people you don't feel like sharing a farm area with.

The Karma system isn't harsh enough. It should be like the current system in Korea where if you've got bad Karma you drop gear and lose xp.

The Karma system is good as it is...  player killing is an offense against humanity, even in a gameworld...   Sure, you can take things in your hands from time to time to kill someone thats irritating you, but thats about it.. And. Thats a good thing, since the majorrity of time you want to PvE...

keep in. Mind, that you dont ever want to get negative Karma, because that makes you a free target for everyone..

in the end, there are other ways to get your challenging PvP fights, playerganking has no challenge..

if they ever remove the Karma system, i am out of this game....   If ever they modify the Karma system then it should be to make people even think harder before killing someone.... Currently they are killing off playerhorses hoping to anger the other player and making him attack them... Giving him the Karma punishment..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    MangledBL said:
    I have a serious question about this Karma system before I purchase this game...

I really would like to play this game but at the moment from what I have been reading over on the Official forums, it seem's that the Karma system is rather harsh... I see people complaining all the time that currently they cannot even defend themselves without being flagged and losing durability to their items if they die.  There have been a few instances where a person defends his farming spot and only kills 10 characters and  he is maxed out in negative Karma....

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?  This seems kinda silly to have in a game that nearly centers around PVP....
    So basically, you want to gank and annoy people endlessly and not be held accountable for it, you want to make online bullying your carrier but don't wanna be punished. That's it? Play darkfall or mortal online.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    in the end, there are other ways to get your challenging PvP fights, playerganking has no challenge..
    You still cannot comperehend that it is how the game was designed - fighting over grind spots. Call it as you like, this "feature" remains in place, it is intended behavior.
  • MangledBLMangledBL Member UncommonPosts: 20
    edited March 2016
    MangledBL said:

So basically, you want to gank and annoy people endlessly and not be held accountable for it, you want to make online bullying your carrier but don't wanna be punished. That's it? Play darkfall or mortal online.

What in earth are you talking about?   One of the first sentences I wrote was about people receiving negative Karma for DEFENDING themselves...

For instance one of the biggest complaints that I see is a person gets into a conflict over mob stealing with one guy so they duke it out and the K/Ser dies... The next thing they know the K/Ser is back with 3 of his guild mates...Now if that person is skilled enough he might be able to take out all 4, and now because he was skilled enough he now has negative Karma...

So basically a person can have enough skill to kill 3 or 4 guys coming at them but then gets punished for it.... What kind of silly system is that?  Probably why they are planing on changing it..
  • BlurBlehBlurBleh Member UncommonPosts: 162
    edited March 2016
    MangledBL said:

The way you put it, those people aggressively attacked and killed other players in order to protect their farming spots. If that's the case, then they will lose a huge amount of karma.

The system works like this, if you attack/kill someone that is not a red name, that's assault/murder, which warrants a heavy punishment. However, if you attack/kill someone who attacked you first, that's self-defense, which does not cost anything.

On the matter of farming spots, the loot system works in the way that whoever deals the most amount of damage to a mob (except for world boss) will get the loot. It is an obsolete system and one of the things I dislike about this game. But if a player is constantly getting ks-ed, it reflects two things, either he is too low in the damage department, or he is too greedy and tries to pull too many mobs all at once. Either way, it is mostly his own fault. Good news is, as the game expands, more farming spots becomes available so players won't be all at the same place farming the same thing. Besides, if money making is the goal, there are better ways than farming for loot (fishing/trading for example).
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    well in my opinion the current karma system is a complete joke..

Daum needs to ask themselves wtf they wanne do with this game.. ( pvp or pve)

No reward for killing.. but punish players who kill others that are succesfull

there is a concept of a new system tho on their forums.. that is much better

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    well in my opinion the current karma system is a complete joke..

Daum needs to ask themselves wtf they wanne do with this game.. ( pvp or pve)

No reward for killing.. but punish players who kill others that are succesfull

there is a concept of a new system tho on their forums.. that is much better

Guild warfare. That's the primary way to PvP without karma penalties. That's what the PvP is all about. You can go lone wolf, its just gonna cost ya.