Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon Gameplay on Youtube

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Thanks.

Looks ok at this point,i was expecting a Vanguard type looking game.

Only thing i like to see changed is aggro still looks generic/proximity and seems like that same 3 mobs tied to same AI as well.
    It definitely still needs work but at this point it is what i expected.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• JackCracker411JackCracker411 Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Wow.. Wizardry, I'm impressed... that's almost a compliment which would be a huge achievement coming from the single most pessimistic human being on earth.  VR must be doing something right.
  • JackCracker411JackCracker411 Member UncommonPosts: 69
    DMKano said:
    Wow.. Wizardry, I'm impressed... that's almost a compliment which would be a huge achievement coming from the single most pessimistic human being on earth.  VR must be doing something right.

While Wizardry's comments on games are often pessimistic - it does not mean that he is a pessimistic person. No need to jump to conclusions.
    I was being kind of cheeky.  His comments are often pessimistic.. but I know nothing about him on a personal level.
  • whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    The animation on both the running and the death of monsters needs work. especially on the wizard and the orc just kind floats backwards onto the ground the others just seem to kind of fall down in such a way as if the attack didn't really kill them, and instead they just decided "oh I'm dead, time to fall down".  Beyond that combat reminds me very much of EQ, and while I liked EQ combat a long time ago, it's kind of dated now.  It looks very odd for 4 people to gang up on one monster and just swing their swords at it. I'm not looking for action combat but this feels very basic.

The world looks okay, nothing huge but just okay. 

It's a game, it looks good, but i'm not sure why we are basically remaking EQ with slightly better graphics.  To each their own and maybe this game has more to it than that, but the video only really showed fighting, and at this point I'm not super impressed.

Before anyone gets mad, they are presenting this to us. It's kind of their job to make sure it's up to criticism and standards.  If it wasn't you shouldn't have shown it in the first place.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    whilan said:
     It looks very odd for 4 people to gang up on one monster and just swing their swords at it. I'm not looking for action combat but this feels very basic.
    They touched on this, they wanted a group centric game not something you could just solo play,
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    There's potential to have some good classic gameplay, obviously needs work but there's definite hope here.
  • belocbeloc Member UncommonPosts: 14
    edited March 2016
    Keep in mind that P:RotF is not going after the "theme park" or "I might as well play solo" or even action MMO players. They are focusing on the smaller yet loyal players that have patiently been waiting for a exploration centric, group-focused, social MMO that provides the systems necessary to create truly interdependent game play for a group of people. In recent memory Rift had this to a degree and in my opinion lost it..

Keep in mind that this is very early into development and VR is not a huge company. As far as I have seen they don't have the budget of a Trion or Blizzard. They are a small dedicated team of industry veterans wanting to bring back a style of play that has been lost in the ever changing landscape of MMOs and have poured heart and soul into what you see here on a budget probably not much larger than the yearly salary of a good system engineer. I for an one am excited to see this style come back.

Keep up the good work VR..
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I like it and it looks better than I expected it would.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    whilan said:
    but i'm not sure why we are basically remaking EQ with slightly better graphics.  

Well, clearly so I can play it!

Besides, I always felt there was a silliness to EQ. That's why I liked Vanguard more. This looks more serious which I prefer.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    I like how it's not an Asian knock-off or a WoW clone.  Pretty rare these days.  Looking forward to playing. 
  • DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Looks perfectly fine to me. Cant wait!
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    I'm so excited.
    I mean it's not what I expected, it's so much better than I could have imagined.
    A EQ 1 throwback?  Brad, you weren't lying to us?  You have wormed your way back into my heart.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    Honestly this looks pretty decent for a pre-alpha game. Models and effects looks pretty stock with limited advanced lighting atm but the world design and textures are impressive so early.

You stay sassy!

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I like the terrain but combat looks dull, nothing is happening.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    edited March 2016
    This is just a recording of the stream. Hopefully the game was actually recorded and they will upload that footage. It will remove the quality loss that occurs while streaming.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    It was awesome to see crowd control in a game again, and I kept yelling at the screen "don't cast, you got the wrong target".. Hope he is a better dev than player lol. Other than that it was hard to get a feel for how combat is going to be. Looks very eq'ish so lets hope they remember how versatile eq combat were and implement more than simple group based tank n spank ways of dealing with situations.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    It's main niche competition will be Saga of Licimia.  While far from perfect, what they showed was light years ahead of their competition.  If Brad had waited until this point to launch the Kickstarter he would have had a much better reception.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RallydRallyd Member UncommonPosts: 95
    I'm so excited.
    I mean it's not what I expected, it's so much better than I could have imagined.
    A EQ 1 throwback?  Brad, you weren't lying to us?  You have wormed your way back into my heart.
    This is exactly how I feel, I got goosebumps when I heard EQ 1 buff/heal sounds being used.  I really hope they don't listen to any of these people who want new systems and Pantheon to change from the EQ1 model, it worked and is the most popular emulation to date, besides maybe WoW.

A ton more work needs to be done, they are barely even in a presentable format, but what do you expect from a pack of guys working part-time with an extremely low budget?  Worrying about animations and death animations of mobs at this point in development would be just silly.
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I thought they did a great job. I'm hoping Saga of Lucima does just as well

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Looks amazing for pre-alpha. Feels like they are getting the core of the game right and not worrying about unnecessary things.  Great job.  Now keep this focus for the lifetime of the game and you will have a sustained winner!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I think already i sense a trend that gamer's are being fooled by what is going on in the industry.

All those other games pandering around EARLY access is bull crap.That is nothing more than one of the many new age marketing ideas devs are coming up with to sell people crap games.
    My point is that this is actually a REAL,factual early version of the game,not some fake claim that it is.Those other games are claiming early development, but never see but a 1% improvement months or years later,they are actually selling you the official game state but just using the early development gimmick to avoid criticism.

I fully suspect this game to be around a Vanguard state of game play,weather you like that or not is not for me to say as everyone is entitled to their opinion on game play.I happen to like the direction of this game,weather it pans out in the end,only time will tell.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Exactly the info I've been waiting for proof of. It's moving forward and is group centric. Now, I'm ready to pledge. Awesome. Excited.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Wizardry said:
    I think already i sense a trend that gamer's are being fooled by what is going on in the industry.

All those other games pandering around EARLY access is bull crap.That is nothing more than one of the many new age marketing ideas devs are coming up with to sell people crap games.
    My point is that this is actually a REAL,factual early version of the game,not some fake claim that it is.Those other games are claiming early development, but never see but a 1% improvement months or years later,they are actually selling you the official game state but just using the early development gimmick to avoid criticism.

I fully suspect this game to be around a Vanguard state of game play,weather you like that or not is not for me to say as everyone is entitled to their opinion on game play.I happen to like the direction of this game,weather it pans out in the end,only time will tell.

What you say is true for many games but also not true for many early access games, you are generalizing.  Ark: Survival Evolved is not "bull crap" for example, Ark makes way more progress than just 1% improvements every week, recently they added split-screen to the xbox version as well.  Anyone who follows it knows what I am talking about.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    When you charge for a game and do not wipe... the game is launched.  I don't care if devs call it Early Access, Early Enrollment, or any other wordsmithing.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018