Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN Cancellation: Are you shocked?

12346»

Comments

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 957
    Shocked? No.  Disappointed? You bet!

imageimage

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member UncommonPosts: 2,125
    fcking asshats... well relaunch Vanguard at least!

NEWS FLASH! A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore Darkfall Online player and knew just what to do.

Watch me play Darkfall and sometimes PVP in other MMORPGs on Twitch.

Darkfall has launched!!! MAY 5th!! Join before its too late!

Follow my RP blog here: http://riseofagon.blogspot.com/

• Cybersig211Cybersig211 Member UncommonPosts: 128

Definitely not shocked.  That long span of radio silence on the game was the dead giveaway.

Just about every mmorpg made flopped, its gotten to that point of saturation, weve past peak mmorpgs.

Hopefully this leads to a rebirth of cheaper, but mechanically fun and unique mmorpgs.  Big money is gone and enjoying its stay in moba land.  The days of big budget mmorpgs is over sadly.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,019
    fcking asshats... well relaunch Vanguard at least!
    So they can lose even more money?  Yep, great idea.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,019

Definitely not shocked.  That long span of radio silence on the game was the dead giveaway.

Just about every mmorpg made flopped, its gotten to that point of saturation, weve past peak mmorpgs.

Hopefully this leads to a rebirth of cheaper, but mechanically fun and unique mmorpgs.  Big money is gone and enjoying its stay in moba land.  The days of big budget mmorpgs is over sadly.

Maybe in the west.  The east is still making mmos.  A lot of them are very enjoyable as well.
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,828
    On paper this game sounded nice, once I saw the pseudo Disney cartoon cast they called player characters I completely lost interest.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,257
    edited May 2016
    I'm surprised this thread is still going, but it's good timing. I just heard of this new MMO in development that has a lot of the same ideas as EQN and some other stuff. They also are making really good progress in development and are clearly talented developers, so these guys can definitely do it if they can get enough money. They're only raising money on their website right now, no Kickstarter or anything and they've already been in development for 7 months. I haven't given them any money yet but you can play their current testing build if you do. Definitely looks promising. I recommend you guys check this one out:

http://www.forsakenlegends.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdyO4ICWx1qDApHIYG40LCA/feed
  • BascolaBascola Member UncommonPosts: 425
    This was clear even before the buyout of DayBreak.
  • angell81angell81 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    This has been the only mmo I have been waiting to come out. so far, nothing can keep my interest and nothing coming has me interested.. I am sad, but not really surprised.. 
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,828
    angell81 said:
    This has been the only mmo I have been waiting to come out. so far, nothing can keep my interest and nothing coming has me interested.. I am sad, but not really surprised.. 
    The EQ franchise is dead and almost gone. Next they will shut EQ1 and 2 down.