Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TLP Server?

dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
I haven't played EQ2 for years and years. (I think last time I played was when Fae came out). I played original EQ, and most recently had a great time playing on the EQ TLP servers.

I am curious about the EQ2 TLP servers. Seeing as I never really had that much experience in the classic EQ2, will I enjoy the TLP server? I'm asking about TLP because I assume most of the live servers are top-heavy, unless that isn't the case.  I hate soloing. I might not mind the merc system, but I definitely wouldn't want to solo to max level.

1) Have they implemented a dungeon finder tool or any other grouping tool?

2) Which server is good for grouping at all levels? TLP or otherwise?

3) Since they are not tied to an expansion to my knowledge, are the arasai available to play on the TLP servers?

I was a huge fan of EQ1. I stopped playing EQ2 because I hated the linear required questing. But little did I know that almost all games are made like that now. My main reason for wanting to try EQ2 is the new arasai race, and the fae race, and the wide variety of classes. Pluse I've always enjoyed the lore of the EQ world.

Any input is appreciated!

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

Comments

• ClandestineClandestine Member UncommonPosts: 91
    I played on the TLP server for about 6 months and my experience was generally good, but I knew I was settling for many things. Finding groups is easy because all that happens is that people group and grind through the dungeons all the way to max level. So you have the advantage of grouping with the disadvantage of not being able to explore the world much.

I personally wouldn't think of playing on any other server than TLP if you want a grouping experience at all levels.

I can't remember the firm answer to question #3 but I am thinking that race is available.

In short, you will enjoy playing with other people on the TLP server. But expect to get to max level either soloing unexplored territory by yourself, or by going through dungeons over and over ad nauseum. Even on TLP, people are still taking the path of least resistance.

You might want to consider Black Desert Online. It has the feel and complexity of old school MMOs. It is definitely not linear and there's no rush to get to max level. No instances. So people do whatever they want, when they want. I come from EQ, DAoC, and EQ2 backgrounds and this game has me tickled pink every time I log in.
  • dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Eh I did a lot of research on BDO and seeing as I always main healers I don't think it would be right for me. Plus I heard grouping isn't big in that game either, and I'm not a fan of gender-locked classes.

I'd be really curious if anyone knows if the arasai are playable on the TLP server?

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다