Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division: First thoughts it's fun with potential

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

My thoughts on The Division so far. I have a lot of them actually I like the game. 

But I think they have a way to go on a few things. I'll cover them in the pro's and the cons

Video Commentary

Pro's

Exploration is fun as hell

Gun play is fun no lame gun mechanics (yet)

It's better to play with a friend not many games feel like that

Tutorial is simple to follow while progressing through the game

Radio waves are interesting you should follow it sometimes

Easy trade skills I'm always a fan of that

Con's

The game is still not optimized enough for main stream (almost inexcusable)

Character Customization is the blandest I ever seen on a Triple A title

The Dark Zone means well but ends up a badly needing structure mess of trolling (Try it you'll see what I mean)

Characters have collision in quest areas. No point in that because it causes bottle necking traffic between players

May be too easy to level believe it or not, with only three endgame missions currently that usually causes burn out fast.

Conclusion

I am having complete fun in this game and I don't regret it. The thing I dislike the most actually is the character creation. It's so terrible it's almost as if they said F it and rolled around the keyboard. Then said hey look face options roll with that. On the good side I like the large open world game space. I like to look around my home town in a game. So I guess I'm fan boying out on the location. I would suggest buying the game from Games Rocket or Green Man Gaming. If you Google around you can find referrals for a large chunk of the game off.

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Glad you're having fun.  I agree with the character creator.  Not sure what you mean about the Dark Zone, but I'm playing on XB1 so it might be different than what the PC gamers are doing.

Another question I have -- what level are you?  At max level you unlock dailies and open up challenging mode for all missions.  Kinda like Destiny you gain Phoenix dollars for the really high end gear, or you can craft it, but either way you'll have some kind of gear grind.  That being said -- The Daily Challenging Missions are extremely tough and they can go back through ALL of the "story" missions so, essentially there are about 24 - 26 total daily missions you can potentially play and upon completion you get a piece of high end gear.

Consider these like mini-raids with 4 person teams as they recommend you have a 4 person team for the end game.

Also last nights maintenance and patch fixed the issues with server disconnect and the NPC queueing so you shouldn't experience that anymore.

• HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390

My thoughts on The Division so far. I have a lot of them actually I like the game. 

But I think they have a way to go on a few things. I'll cover them in the pro's and the cons

Video Commentary

Pro's

Exploration is fun as hell

Gun play is fun no lame gun mechanics (yet)

It's better to play with a friend not many games feel like that

Tutorial is simple to follow while progressing through the game

Radio waves are interesting you should follow it sometimes

Easy trade skills I'm always a fan of that

Con's

The game is still not optimized enough for main stream (almost inexcusable)

Character Customization is the blandest I ever seen on a Triple A title

The Dark Zone means well but ends up a badly needing structure mess of trolling (Try it you'll see what I mean)

Characters have collision in quest areas. No point in that because it causes bottle necking traffic between players

May be too easy to level believe it or not, with only three endgame missions currently that usually causes burn out fast.

Conclusion

I am having complete fun in this game and I don't regret it. The thing I dislike the most actually is the character creation. It's so terrible it's almost as if they said F it and rolled around the keyboard. Then said hey look face options roll with that. On the good side I like the large open world game space. I like to look around my home town in a game. So I guess I'm fan boying out on the location. I would suggest buying the game from Games Rocket or Green Man Gaming. If you Google around you can find referrals for a large chunk of the game off.

I agree with DZ being broke. Literally, nobody, wants to go rogue. The risk is NOT worth the rewards. Especially since you get, NO, xp from surviving as a rogue. Just the same amount of DZ coin you can get by doing a small encounter lol.
  • SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Now that its been out awhile. We're pretty much at the point of needing new content already. Nothing wrong with that because it's not like I'm owning the challenge modes.