Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best moba, worse matchmaking.

RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
I can no longer bring myself to play Heroes of the storm unless i play in normal.

In hero league, the match making is terrible. Try it and you will see.

I thought LOL in bronze was the worse place to be in?, man, i was wrong. Dota 2 in the other hand got the best matchmaking ever.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Comments

  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member RarePosts: 4,320
    edited March 2016
    i like HOTS but just do dailies.  The lack of items really reduces the customization too much for my tastes.  But, it probably makes it much easier to balance.
  • AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I really love the game. Started playing it last weekend. It fixes many issues I've encountered in other MOBAS. I think talents are much better than items. They give more flavour to each character and are much less of a hassle than having to go to a shop and peruse a giant mess of items. It's also a great balancing tool as you can change an individual talent easily whereas changing an item can be a disaster across multiple characters.
  • RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    i like HOTS but just do dailies.  The lack of items really reduces the customization too much for my tastes.  But, it probably makes it much easier to balance.
    I like the fact that levels are shared and there's no items.

    It means ppl have to work as a team. It also mean you can't have one feeder and one enemy carry who can't do nothing for the rest of the game.

    HOTS is the only game that feels like a surrender option is not necessary since you can always, always come back.
    You can lose every team fight and win that one last team fight to win the game because like i said before, there's no items, levels are shared, you can't out-carry so easily which means, you can't go 1 vs 5 and win no matter how much kills you have.


    C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Not even close the best, imo its one of the worst mobas.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

    - Albert Einstein


  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 22,496
    Best?

    Not even close.

    Dota2 is far better IMO
  • RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

    Axxar said:
    I really love the game. Started playing it last weekend. It fixes many issues I've encountered in other MOBAS. I think talents are much better than items. They give more flavour to each character and are much less of a hassle than having to go to a shop and peruse a giant mess of items. It's also a great balancing tool as you can change an individual talent easily whereas changing an item can be a disaster across multiple characters.
    What i mostly hate in a game like LOL is the AD and Magic differences. When you make a team, you have to make sure there's enough AD and AP heroes. With 3 tank, you will probably lose for not tealing enough damage. If you got nothing, but AD, chances you lose as soon as your enemies build armor. 
    This is why a game like LOL suffers of never ending balance nightmares.

    Dota 2 is fine on that part because almost all abilities deal magic damage while basic attacks are physical. It's rare to see a physical damage based spell. This mean, the team composition possibility is infinite. 

    In HOTS, you only have 4 roles. Mages are basically assassins. There's no damage type, they keep it simple, but you may unlock talents to increase HP, block physical attacks or more defense against them or one that reduces ability damage. 
    This is why it's so easy for Blizzard to balance HOTS.



    C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    edited December 2016
    I can no longer bring myself to play Heroes of the storm unless i play in normal.

    In hero league, the match making is terrible. Try it and you will see.

    I thought LOL in bronze was the worse place to be in?, man, i was wrong. Dota 2 in the other hand got the best matchmaking ever.
    It match making system is fine. Bronze is where you end up in if a you fuck around in the placement, your a troll which is like 80 percent of the game, or you suck ass. Once you hit bronze, you can't get out ever. I shouldn't say ever. Here is how you get out, its obviously whos gonna win pretty much from the hero select, you can tell if your team has trolls, and bad players. So what you have to do is leave the game, and suck it up and do 4 quick matches in the leaver que. I went from bronze 5-1 this way. I got tried of doing this, because its mad tedious to have to play 4 qm every time you get a troll team, which is like 80 percent of the time. But its the only way out, once you hit silver it gets much better. that 80 percent turns into like 20 percent, and at gold its almost not there. 

    I do agree it is the best though. LOL is just make sure one character gets fed and he can solo 5 men teams. Dota looked so bad to me i made it though one game. I am glad they got rid of the stupid item system, which was created in war craft 3 because it was the only way to add flavor to a old  game lol, but to actually code your own game in coping that is ass nice, and stupid. The trait system is much better by 1000 times. 

    Make that more like 90 percent in bronze. I just played 4 games, in 3 of them they stuck me with this guy named Kuzco, who couldnt speak English, and fed in all the games. Then i left for 30 mins, and came back and they stuck me with another guy, who got baby man butt hurt, about he couldn't play the character he wanted.  I will say this though, it is worse in the morning 6AM eastern till about 12pm, because all the Asians feel the need to come on the North American server and ruin it. 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Easiest does not equate to best.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • art9393art9393 Member CommonPosts: 14
    agree
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 603
    The MM is the same as in every other MOBA. The reason you have the impression it sucks is because there aren't enough people playing the game. Instead of giving you 30 min queue games with same skill players, Blizz gives you 5 min queue games with player skill all over the place. I guess they figured people wouldn't bother with long q times.

  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 243
    heh no wonder HotS is the best moba for you if you say you were bronze in LoL :-D, that requires to be overall really really bad at moba games and HotS is probably easiest one on the market from my view :)...can¨t even imagine how bad you have to be playing dota 2 :-D
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 243
    DMKano said:
    Best?

    Not even close.

    Dota2 is far better IMO
    Indeed :), i prefer dota over HotS and Smite too...but honestly I like LoL more even community is one of the worst you can met (but it's better as you rank up, right now in platinum and it's fine)...Dota got better graphics, more difficult mechanics, nice heroes but there is one very very important thing for me why I prefer LoL - combat responsiveness (game plays so smoothly, it's like playing WoW combat compared to others MMO's) and second thing, there is more action, combat is quicker and there are lots of skill shot based champions and I love spamming skill shots. Dota 2 skillshots are so, well - Nope!
  • StizzledStizzled Member RarePosts: 1,971
    Meh, I like HoTS and don't think there's anything wrong with the MM. But then I don't play it much. I just do the daillies and Brawl.

    I don't know if it's the best MOBA, but I certainly enjoy it more than any of the others for it's casual style of play. I don't see how people can play these DoTA-like MOBAS for extended periods of time. It's so undynamic, compared to something like WoT, WoWS or MWO, that it gets boring fast.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Stizzled said:
    Meh, I like HoTS and don't think there's anything wrong with the MM. But then I don't play it much. I just do the daillies and Brawl.

    I don't know if it's the best MOBA, but I certainly enjoy it more than any of the others for it's casual style of play. I don't see how people can play these DoTA-like MOBAS for extended periods of time. It's so undynamic, compared to something like WoT, WoWS or MWO, that it gets boring fast.
    Let me see.  Today I played 4 games each different characters testing different item builds and jungle paths.  You think I got it figured out that easy?
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,179
    It's like ranking the best fast food.. 
  • StizzledStizzled Member RarePosts: 1,971
    filmoret said:
    Stizzled said:
    Meh, I like HoTS and don't think there's anything wrong with the MM. But then I don't play it much. I just do the daillies and Brawl.

    I don't know if it's the best MOBA, but I certainly enjoy it more than any of the others for it's casual style of play. I don't see how people can play these DoTA-like MOBAS for extended periods of time. It's so undynamic, compared to something like WoT, WoWS or MWO, that it gets boring fast.
    Let me see.  Today I played 4 games each different characters testing different item builds and jungle paths.  You think I got it figured out that easy?
    Yesterday I played several games of MWO. Each one on maps with completely different layouts and hazards/ weather conditions, with 23 other Mechs across four weight classes, all outfitted with completely different custom loadouts. What's your point? 

    I realize I'm in the minority here, as they're hugely popular, but I don't find the lane MOBAs all that entertaining for long periods of time. Just my opinion.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited December 2016
    Aori said:
    It's like ranking the best fast food.. 
    Double Whopper with Cheese has to take the number one spot for sure :)

  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Stizzled said:
    filmoret said:
    Stizzled said:
    Meh, I like HoTS and don't think there's anything wrong with the MM. But then I don't play it much. I just do the daillies and Brawl.

    I don't know if it's the best MOBA, but I certainly enjoy it more than any of the others for it's casual style of play. I don't see how people can play these DoTA-like MOBAS for extended periods of time. It's so undynamic, compared to something like WoT, WoWS or MWO, that it gets boring fast.
    Let me see.  Today I played 4 games each different characters testing different item builds and jungle paths.  You think I got it figured out that easy?
    Yesterday I played several games of MWO. Each one on maps with completely different layouts and hazards/ weather conditions, with 23 other Mechs across four weight classes, all outfitted with completely different custom loadouts. What's your point? 

    I realize I'm in the minority here, as they're hugely popular, but I don't find the lane MOBAs all that entertaining for long periods of time. Just my opinion.
    I don't think you are in minority here :).....well globally, yes, you are, but not on this site full of well quite old gamers...you can take LoL (crazy numbers of active players) but if you would make poll here, Smite or HotS will be probably winner
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    edited December 2016
    Better then the rest, yep , by a mile.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,763
    What's funny when people bring up HOTS vs other games like LOL is they act like you need a PHD in MOBAs to figure out what items to buy.  The depth is just staggering!
Sign In or Register to comment.