Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is class customization?

dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
Are there specific talent trees? Are classes able to be diverse, or are you using the same skills as everyone else of your class?

I've tried to research, but not finding a ton of information on class skills and class progression.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

Comments

• BlurBlehBlurBleh Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Every class has access to the same set of class skills (i.e. every warrior's skill tree is the same, every sorc's is the same etc.). But the order in which you invest your skill points may vary.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Also if you play long enough you can unlock every single item in the skill tree but you will be grinding to do it
  • derfritzderfritz Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Every class has access to the same set of class skills (i.e. every warrior's skill tree is the same, every sorc's is the same etc.). But the order in which you invest your skill points may vary.
    What? I think you're mistaken, every class has it's own set of skills and different skill tree

for example

Warrior:

Tamer:

derfritz said:
    What? I think you're mistaken, every class has it's own set of skills and different skill tree

for example

Warrior:

Tamer:

You misunderstood, I said every warrior has the same skill tree, every sorc has the same skills tree etc. But every class's skills are unique from every other class.
    edited March 2016
    derfritz said:

for example

Warrior:

Tamer:

You misunderstood, I said every warrior has the same skill tree, every sorc has the same skills tree etc. But every class's skills are unique from every other class.
    Ohh alright, my bad =)
    Kefo said:
    Also if you play long enough you can unlock every single item in the skill tree but you will be grinding to do it
    True but it takes increasingly longer grinding, not to mention you will get a whole new set of awakened weapon skill page later on in the game.
    DMKano said:

The real question is take a 100 of any same class end game and look at their builds - not much variance in builds.

Agreed, ultimately everyone would have the full skill pages unlocked. So in that case the only variables in terms of class-matched combat (say, one warrior against another) would be gears and player inputs.

Another thing to take note of is that in BDO each skill alone does little, but when used in specific combinations they become much more powerful. And since some skills have cooldowns or use certain resources, you cannot use them continuously. So you will have to be careful of what kind of skill combos you want to use in combat, and this will make skill progression and usage more interesting.
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    edited March 2016
    Poor and basic .....there is  only few good thing in this game graphics world and female models every thing else complete trash
    edited March 2016
    Poor and basic .....there is  only few good thing in this game graphics world and female models every thing else complete trash
    Based on your comment it's clearly you didn't even touch the game... what is up with this blind hate, it's like whenever something good appears, there's always a group of kiddies ready to bash on it o.O
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited March 2016
    so in short, no class customization, and the visual customs are sold for 30 bucks each? :)

well, whatever rocks your boats guys, hf with the game while it lasts

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

edited March 2016
    Thane said:
    so in short, no class customization, and the visual customs are sold for 30 bucks each? :)

Ugh what, people just said that every class is diferent and has it's own skillset and yet you still say "no class customization" o.O? Starting to think that some people will bash on the game one or way another, not even worth contradicting them :confused: 
  • dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    edited March 2016
    Yea just from what I'm hearing about character customization outfits and class customization I don't think I'll be giving it a try. Plus it doesn't sound super group friendly, and gender-locked classes are a huge put-off. The world looks nice but I'm going to wait a while and see where this game goes.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• KalSirian2KalSirian2 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Actually unlike what everyone seems to be saying, you DO have to make choices for how you play your class. You unlock lots of skills as you level up but you won't have nearly enough skill points to get them all.

Note that skill points aren't tied directly to your level so you MAY grind a lot and, one day, have enough skill points for all skills but it seems to be a very long term thing.

To give an example, around lvl 15 I had only used my skill points to upgrade the two base skills for my class, and that was enough to use most of them. What's more, it looks like other skills are there to give you more diverse options but they don't seem better than base skills, so it really goes along the idea of choosing what you think will fit your playstyle.

To be honest, I don't expect to do much tactical use of my skills in PVE except against bosses, from how things have been so far, so that's why I've been focusing on upgrading my skills instead of getting new ones.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    derfritz said:
    Thane said:

Ugh what, people just said that every class is diferent and has it's own skillset and yet you still say "no class customization" o.O? Starting to think that some people will bash on the game one or way another, not even worth contradicting them :confused: 
    I think he means that every member of the same class is basically going to play the same.  Compared to a game like WoW where a protection paladin plays different from a holy paladin.

I personally don't mind classes playing the same, especially in a system where you have to play for skill resets.  Otherwise people would be upset at having to pay for whatever the FOTM build was for their class.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It is a VERY poor design,the UI is super cumbersome.
    What you have to look forward too is less about new skills abilities and more about memorizing 50 different keyboard combinations.

Then after your skills open up,many if not all are just replacements,like version 1> version 2.
    Now these combos are somewhat useful,i mean you will get the odd knockdown and stuff,some are retarded like the popular Korean idea of a character rushing in from miles away but then like most every game they remove your best abilities in pvp lmao.

So it is like ok you have this skill but your p;layer must go into memory loss when in pvp and can't remember it lol.MOST of the time you really only need those great skills versus a Boss or in pvp otherwise most are a waste of time,just cheap mechanics to uise up yoru energy/mana then spam away to get it back.

It is such a FAKE system and very unrealsitic.You have them saying ok your using energy/mana but then to get it back you have to spam away basically equivalent of using even MORE energy lmao,so you recoup by doing more ,,umm yeah makes a lot of sense .../not.

IMO the game is just very very cumbersome with constant needs to click interfaces and maps and keyboard keys,even just minimizing the game it enters a menu that asks if you want to send it  to the system tray lol.Click the HELP menu....ROFLMAO be prepared to wait 20-30 seconds for that menu to pop up.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.