Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two new Animal concept imagery released!

ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
edited March 2016 in Chronicles of Elyria

Buffalo-Rhino mixture?

Trollmouth Salamander

These can be found here
Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
Post edited by Zultra on

Comments

• ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    The lizzard things are called Trollmouth Salamanders 
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    That Bison/Rhino  or Bhisno is just silly.  3 horns?  For what reason?  They need to push the nose horn back farther, way too hard for the Bhisno to eat with it that close to the mouth.

Don't get the photoshopping of the salamander, but whatevs.
  • Deffcon_1Deffcon_1 Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Are you a biologist now? If the bison-rhino has a long tongue like a giraffe it could eat just fine. The front horn makes a lot of sense if they are omnivores or if they use it to break into trees or logs to get at bugs.

The salamander is 'photoshopped' to emphasize its size relative to a hummingbird.
    So now it's a bison-rhino-giraffe that happens to be an omnivore?

No I am not a biologist, what I did do though is grow up on a farm. Have years of experience watching ungulates eat.  That 3 horned bison is ludicrous.  That shows an artist not at all familiar with how ungulates eat.

I'll take me years of personal, hands-on experience of knowing what the hell I'm talking about over your fanboy outrage of someone saying something bad about your favorite game.
  • viletot0viletot0 Member UncommonPosts: 73
    MY god seriously @Timberhick , your crusade against this game is just laughable now.  its a fantasy world and your complaining that the fantasy animal in the fantasy game is "ludicris" based on real life animals.  at this point your just a laughing stock, nothing more.  

I'm sure your years of hands-on experience with three horned bison from a fantasy world has made you quite the expert!
    Did I say it had a long tongue or if it was an omnivore? Nope. I said that those things would make sense. You arent the only one who grew up in rural areas and worked with farm animals. You are attacking a picture of concept art of a fictional creature. And you are attacking it as though you have some authority, which you dont. You dont know the evolutionary history of this animal. You dont know what it eats, or how it eats. You are trying to use information you have about an earth animal that looks similar to make concrete assertions about this creature. What if this rhino-bison is a carnivore? They didnt release any information other than a picture. So, why attack it? Why be here at all? You have not once said anything good, or constructive, about this game? What is your end goal? To discourage people from liking this game? I just dont get why you spend so much time following a game that you have only ever shown dissent, if not hatred, for.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    It's a moot point since this is just a painting piece and I'm sure they'll touch up the actual models, but, it does look like that nose horn is a little too curved(curves backwards a little too much).

As for the other picture, whoever decided to show an awesome little hummingbird getting devoured is just pure evil. >:)
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Looks pretty accurate as a Rhino-Buffalo
    Now if he had an actual gripe lol,the lizard has carnivore teeth but is obviously a bug eater haha.

Doesn't matter to me looks pretty cool and not out of the realm of possibility.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Lokero said:
    It's a moot point since this is just a painting piece and I'm sure they'll touch up the actual models, but, it does look like that nose horn is a little too curved(curves backwards a little too much).

As for the other picture, whoever decided to show an awesome little hummingbird getting devoured is just pure evil. >:)
    Alas your comments will fall on deaf eyes.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6854610/#Comment_6854610
    Timberhick said:
    Maygus said:
    Timberhick said:
    That is not a bunny face, nor is that bunny hindquarters and that isn't itsy-bitsy.  Baby bunny doesn't fit with the adults in the drawing. 
    Granted size-wise is assuming that the prey animal is in fact a bison.
    Being concept art, the meaning is there they thankfully don't have to draw it 1:1 realism.
    You do realize the artists and animators use the concept art for the game?
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    edited March 2016

No I am not a biologist, what I did do though is grow up on a farm. Have years of experience watching ungulates eat.  That 3 horned bison is ludicrous.  That shows an artist not at all familiar with how ungulates eat.

I'll take me years of personal, hands-on experience of knowing what the hell I'm talking about over your fanboy outrage of someone saying something bad about your favorite game.
    You seem to have NO experience in wait for it...................
    FANTASY GAMES. 

This isn't real life and your Farming Skills have no merit whatsoever in the outlook of a.... wait for it.........
    FANTASY GAME.

If you don't like it, maybe go back to real life and let those who like .....wait for it..............
    FANTASY GAMES have fun away from Real Life.

Can't stand people that try to bring their real life expertise into a subject where it does not matter and is pretty Stupid.

Here is the famous phrase you probably never heard: "It's a GAME".

Next Hater please.....

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I used to be a triceratops, and I was able to eat just fine.

Deffcon_1 said:
    Did I say it had a long tongue or if it was an omnivore? Nope. I said that those things would make sense. You arent the only one who grew up in rural areas and worked with farm animals. You are attacking a picture of concept art of a fictional creature. And you are attacking it as though you have some authority, which you dont. You dont know the evolutionary history of this animal. You dont know what it eats, or how it eats. You are trying to use information you have about an earth animal that looks similar to make concrete assertions about this creature. What if this rhino-bison is a carnivore? They didnt release any information other than a picture. So, why attack it? Why be here at all? You have not once said anything good, or constructive, about this game? What is your end goal? To discourage people from liking this game? I just dont get why you spend so much time following a game that you have only ever shown dissent, if not hatred, for.
    I don't get why you spend so much time hating on someone who doesn't march lock step with your fanaticism of a theoretical fictional game.

Why so fanatical about this game? What is your end goal?
    Maygus said:
    Lokero said:

Alas your comments will fall on deaf eyes.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6854610/#Comment_6854610
    Timberhick said:
    Maygus said:
    Timberhick said:
    That is not a bunny face, nor is that bunny hindquarters and that isn't itsy-bitsy.  Baby bunny doesn't fit with the adults in the drawing. 
    Granted size-wise is assuming that the prey animal is in fact a bison.
    Being concept art, the meaning is there they thankfully don't have to draw it 1:1 realism.
    You do realize the artists and animators use the concept art for the game?
    Someone doesn't understand what concept art is.
  • IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    @Timberhick Is this all you do? Attack a game that isnt even released all day?
    I went through your post history and i mean pages of you just ranting about Elyria, like why dont you go find a game you do like?
    Or idk do something constructive with all this time you spend bashing a game that isnt even out of the concept art phase? 

Avanah said:

You seem to have NO experience in wait for it...................
    FANTASY GAMES. 

This isn't real life and your Farming Skills have no merit whatsoever in the outlook of a.... wait for it.........
    FANTASY GAME.

If you don't like it, maybe go back to real life and let those who like .....wait for it..............
    FANTASY GAMES have fun away from Real Life.

Can't stand people that try to bring their real life expertise into a subject where it does not matter and is pretty Stupid.

Here is the famous phrase you probably never heard: "It's a GAME".

Next Hater please.....
    I find it laughable that if opinion is not one of complete adoration you are a hater.

Yep this game is going to go nowheres with fanatics like you all dogpiling on any post that whiffs of not complete adoration.

You people do realize this forum is called...wait ...for....it....

Discussion / Two new Animal concept imagery released!

You people do realize what discussion means?  No? well wait...for...it...

Discussion: the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.

a conversation or debate about a certain topic.

a detailed treatment of a particular topic in speech or writing.

Ikisis said:
    @Timberhick Is this all you do? Attack a game that isnt even released all day?
    I went through your post history and i mean pages of you just ranting about Elyria, like why dont you go find a game you do like?
    Or idk do something constructive with all this time you spend bashing a game that isnt even out of the concept art phase? 
    Why is trying to have a discussion about a game called bashing if what you write isn't complete adoration?

Why are you bitching to me about time when you spent all that time going through my posting history?

Discussion: the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.

But you aren't doing either of those, you are just flaming a 3rd horn on a  fake fantasy Rhino, then reflecting to your days on the farm.

My experience in real life i found you cant manifest and throw fire balls on command, and no matter how much red coolade i drink i dont stop Bleeding.
    So any game with Health Pots or Magic is ludicrous because in my experience in life I've found none of these things possible. 
    Oh and dragons, big lizards pah what a joke such trash.... Really dude? do you read what you write?

You arent starting discussions. You are attacking. There is a big difference. You have constantly attacked this game. Thats not starting discussions. If you want to start discussion, then start discussions. Want to see an example of how to do that? 

"I dont think the horn on the front makes a lot of sense. Do we have any information on what or how this animal eats? Maybe an explanation on why the horn is the way it is?"   See THIS starts a discussion. Instead you write "That Bison/Rhino  or Bhisno is just silly.  3 horns?  For what reason?  They need to push the nose horn back farther, way too hard for the Bhisno to eat with it that close to the mouth." This doesnt start discussion at all. All this is, is a pointless attack. 

My question is simple. Why do you stalk the forums of a game you clearly dont like? Whats the point, other than to attack it every chance you get? And if you were an actual community member you would know I have criticized this game in many ways. I have voiced my concerned about many of the systems they have proposed, and had real full discussions with the developers about those systems. You only think Im a "fanboy" because I support the game on these forums from pointless attacks like yours.
    They haven't given any answers to your "example"

My question is simple.  Why do you only want adoration for the game?  Whats the point if you only want pre-approved 'this is how we discuss' discussions?  I've watched your if you were an actual community member you would know I have criticized this game in many ways.  BS.  You parrot others points.
    Ikisis said:

But you aren't doing either of those, you are just flaming a 3rd horn on a  fake fantasy Rhino, then reflecting to your days on the farm.

My experience in real life i found you cant manifest and throw fire balls on command, and no matter how much red coolade i drink i dont stop Bleeding.
    So any game with Health Pots or Magic is ludicrous because in my experience in life I've found none of these things possible. 
    Oh and dragons, big lizards pah what a joke such trash.... Really dude? do you read what you write?
    The game touts itself around it's realism, but when called on it you now want to say it's fantasy?
    Way to talk out both sides of your mouth.

I don't really give a poo about the silly 3 horns(even if it makes zero zilch nada sense), it's the placement of that third horn.  That is a lazy artist doing haphazard 'fantasy' either by themselves or being told to.  Either way it's lazy work.

I don't give a shit if you think fantasy means you can do whatever the hell you want and noone can say anything, cuz fantasy.  That's lazy incompetence.

My question is simple.  Why do you only want adoration for the game?  Whats the point if you only want pre-approved 'this is how we discuss' discussions?  I've watched your if you were an actual community member you would know I have criticized this game in many ways.  BS.  You parrot others points.
    You have never tried using anything like the example I gave. You have only ever thrown out attacks. Youve never once said anything positive, or even neutral about this game. Try actually starting a real discussion instead of attacking and maybe youll get a real response. 

You clearly arent part of the community or you would know I have criticized the game several times on many of its features. So much so that one part of the game was actually changed entirely. But, because all you are is someone who comes to attack and doesnt bother to pay real attention or be part of the real community you would never know that. You still havent answered my question. Why come to a game forum for a game you hate? Why not let people that like the game, like the game? Why come in and hate on something you have no intention on playing? 
    The game touts itself around it's realism, but when called on it you now want to say it's fantasy?
    Way to talk out both sides of your mouth.

I don't really give a poo about the silly 3 horns(even if it makes zero zilch nada sense), it's the placement of that third horn.  That is a lazy artist doing haphazard 'fantasy' either by themselves or being told to.  Either way it's lazy work.

I don't give a shit if you think fantasy means you can do whatever the hell you want and noone can say anything, cuz fantasy.  That's lazy incompetence.

• MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    edited March 2016
    Someone doesn't understand what concept art is.
    edit: pictures speak 1000 words (SOURCE)

Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
    Deffcon_1 said:

You have never tried using anything like the example I gave. You have only ever thrown out attacks. Youve never once said anything positive, or even neutral about this game. Try actually starting a real discussion instead of attacking and maybe youll get a real response. 

You clearly arent part of the community or you would know I have criticized the game several times on many of its features. So much so that one part of the game was actually changed entirely. But, because all you are is someone who comes to attack and doesnt bother to pay real attention or be part of the real community you would never know that. You still havent answered my question. Why come to a game forum for a game you hate? Why not let people that like the game, like the game? Why come in and hate on something you have no intention on playing? 
    Why whine if someone isn't all fanatical adoration all the time?
  • WinterstoneWinterstone Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Liger is pretty much my favourite animal