Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can Eve survive without a PVE server ?

ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
Im finally getting some backing from long time players of Eve that the game is slowly dieing and to save it a PVE only server needs to be introduced. Many thanks Kyleran.
" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                        MAGA

Comments

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    probably not
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I won't even play a game that doesn't offer a PVE server. 
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    edited March 2016
    IMO you need the pvpers to drive consumption of the materials that the pvers mine/produce/trade. You're pretty safe in high sec anyway, which is where like 70+% of the player base stays anyway.

a pure pve server would die a quick death imo, and the last thing you want is to split the playerbase.

Im a pve player, and I never really felt any danger in high sec, i got suicided once when I was mining in a hulk, but that was my own fault for not knowing what happened when a guy bumped me.
    Thorkune said:
    I won't even play a game that doesn't offer a PVE server. 

You won't miss much then

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    EVE without PvP is not EVE. It is like Tom & Jerry without senseless violence. You might brand it as Tom & Jerry, but it sure as hell aint...

Better close the game than make a PvE only server.

Thankfully CCP knows this.
    Derros said:
    IMO you need the pvpers to drive consumption of the materials that the pvers mine/produce/trade. You're pretty safe in high sec anyway, which is where like 70+% of the player base stays anyway.

a pure pve server would die a quick death imo, and the last thing you want is to split the playerbase.

Im a pve player, and I never really felt any danger in high sec, i got suicided once when I was mining in a hulk, but that was my own fault for not knowing what happened when a guy bumped me.

2012?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Derros said:

There is about as many ships lost in PVE as there is in PVP.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    EvE died along time ago the multiboxers and multi account holders just made it sem like more people were playing it than there actually were. If not for the spread sheet guys hording cheap materials and the few people who might try it or drop back in for a month or two here and there there wouldnt be a whole hell of a lot going on.
    rodarin said:
    EvE died along time ago the multiboxers and multi account holders just made it sem like more people were playing it than there actually were. If not for the spread sheet guys hording cheap materials and the few people who might try it or drop back in for a month or two here and there there wouldnt be a whole hell of a lot going on.
    So therefore BDO won't?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    ArChWind said:
    rodarin said:
    So therefore BDO won't?
    Well, if Eve dies because of a lack of PVE servers, then that doesn't hold out much hope for BDO's survival either really does it :p
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Eve has many problems, but a lack of a PVE server is not  one of them, still love the game.

Time will tell if the skill injector move will win some new players, or more likely just increase the desirability of ramping up some alts to make the logged in numbers look better, i'm still very much on the fence about the injector move.

It has been mentioned before all be it jokingly that if the Eve launcher shows 20k online there is most likely only 10k of bums on seats playing the game, I cant see CCP bringing a graph out on that data any time soon.

To bring that into personnel perspective if the corp I am in shows 30+ in the corp tab there usual is only 5 or 6  actual people online, now spread that across all corps in Eve and that makes for some worrying numbers, Eve survives  purely on people wanting to field alts, and coming around to my previous point explains the injector move in a  clearer light.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    kruler said:
    Eve has many problems, but a lack of a PVE server is not  one of them, still love the game.

Time will tell if the skill injector move will win some new players, or more likely just increase the desirability of ramping up some alts to make the logged in numbers look better, i'm still very much on the fence about the injector move.

It has been mentioned before all be it jokingly that if the Eve launcher shows 20k online there is most likely only 10k of bums on seats playing the game, I cant see CCP bringing a graph out on that data any time soon.

To bring that into personnel perspective if the corp I am in shows 30+ in the corp tab there usual is only 5 or 6  actual people online, now spread that across all corps in Eve and that makes for some worrying numbers, Eve survives  purely on people wanting to field alts, and coming around to my previous point explains the injector move in a  clearer light.
    I like the data you support your assumptions with...oh wait, there aren't any....
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Gdemami said:
    kruler said:

I like the data you support your assumptions with...oh wait, there aren't any....
    I believe I was offering an opinion, and using my experience to offer one, I did say I do not expect CCP to produce a graph about my opinion, I really did try and make that point, I also said personnel perspective to my corp experience, I really sorry you didnt get the jist of what I was conveying. 

• hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196
    edited March 2016
    EvE didn't die for me, we just got a divorce.  But pvp is one of the reasons we got together in the first place.  Nothing, and I mean nothing makes your bits shrivel up like jumping into a bunch of reds, (well maybe cold water).

Our separation  was on or about the time that she started fooling around with Tiericide (simplification of the game).  Will I ever take her back?  I dunno.
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Forgive me, I've not read everyone's comments...

How? Just how? It's an empire building game... Taking out the pvp concepts would be removing over half the game.
    Forgive me, I've not read everyone's comments...

How? Just how? It's an empire building game... Taking out the pvp concepts would be removing over half the game.

BINGO!

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    ArChWind said:
    rodarin said:
    So therefore BDO won't?
     BDO is buy to play, its basically GW2 except PvP is apparently 'open world'.

So people who want to see longevity look at GW2. If you day 'there is more to do  in X as opposed to Y" its still all relative, that 'stuff' to do is there in both games for some people. So it will only hold interest for that segment of people. Just because there is 'a lot' to do in games doesnt mean everyone likes doing all of those things. That is the disconnect people have they think if a game has 'a lot to do' (to them) then it is a cant miss. What most people dont realize is all that stuff to do is the same stuff they have been doing for the past 20 years with different graphics and a different name, and if it is repetitive that makes it even worse.