Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Development Updates

1717273747577»

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,409
    edited July 18
    If I buy just the starter pack with some basic ship, how long do you think it would take to earn enough ingame cash to buy this ship. Just a ball park in terms of hours played.
    It depends on the patch has numbers change often, but as for the current live version, you can with a basic ship reach earning rates on the order of the 200k UEC per hour (click for the guide).

The constellation andromeda is 3.5m UEC to buy if I'm not mistaken, so about ~20 hours.

It's obviously going to get longer to earn ships like that in the future, but for now is a good deal for the potential time you will be able to  keep it until a progression wipe hits.
  • coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 4,077
    MaxBacon said:
    If I buy just the starter pack with some basic ship, how long do you think it would take to earn enough ingame cash to buy this ship. Just a ball park in terms of hours played.
    It depends on the patch has numbers change often, but as for the current live version, you can with a basic ship reach earning rates on the order of the 200k UEC per hour (click for the guide).

The constellation andromeda is 3.5m UEC to buy if I'm not mistaken, so about ~20 hours.

It's obviously going to get longer to earn ships like that in the future, but for now is a good deal for the potential time you will be able to  keep it until a progression wipe hits.
    Id rather be able to keep it once I get it, so the package seems like the better choice for me :)

Id rather be able to keep it once I get it, so the package seems like the better choice for me :)

It's up to you, there is now enough flexibility to play with the ships you wanna play without needing to be spending money for it, it's what I do haha

As for the HOTAS you asked it's a pretty standard thing many play SC with, I'm not one of those but if you search YT and such you'll find setup guides and all to get it working well with it
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 518
    When are they going to announce a CBT?

• coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 4,077
    I was looking at the Vanguard Sentinel ship package and noticed that it cannot be purchased now. Is it possible that it will be available again in the future or has the ship sailed on this one :)?
    I was looking at the Vanguard Sentinel ship package and noticed that it cannot be purchased now. Is it possible that it will be available again in the future or has the ship sailed on this one :)?
    If ships get sold again, it'll be on the anniversary sales, they happen in November. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/iae2950/guide

coretex666
    edited July 21

Quite gg bit on Orison the areas like these cargo haulers that roam the sky more for decoration still have realized interiors and are physicalized at that to be able to land on them.
  • MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,348
    MaxBacon said:
    Minsc said:
    you won't have to wait that long honestly. the main thing holding it back right now is server meshing and the new renderer, both of which are being worked on heavily with an attempt to get them finished for end of this year early next. Apart from the economy simulation called Quantum there are no other core tech pieces that still need to be completed. everything they add after that is comparatively easy to implement.
    The gen12 renderer this year is more realistic. But the server mesh is already a Q2 2022 at the earliest. Quantum it's unknown the backend has some implementations but I imagine after server mesh, considering the AI is not coping with the current server tick rates to face increased complexity before those much needed improvements implement.

But yeah those show to be of the last major development milestones to be achieved, with all of those being in the works for years already this next year will be a big tell on how they'll come together.
    Yes I was thinking of the Entity Graph which will allow the servers to actually save entity state and unload the data from the server when not needed. That alone should reduce load on the servers significantly though which should help performance.
    Minsc said:
    The gen12 renderer this year is more realistic. But the server mesh is already a Q2 2022 at the earliest. Quantum it's unknown the backend has some implementations but I imagine after server mesh, considering the AI is not coping with the current server tick rates to face increased complexity before those much needed improvements implement.

But yeah those show to be of the last major development milestones to be achieved, with all of those being in the works for years already this next year will be a big tell on how they'll come together.
    Yes I was thinking of the Entity Graph which will allow the servers to actually save entity state and unload the data from the server when not needed. That alone should reduce load on the servers significantly though which should help performance.
    Yep it's more that as lead network guy posted on the forums a lot of this work on network even though it's finished pre-mesh it's mostly work that won't have any impact on the current state of things, it's implemented but the new systems will only work to their potential once the rest merges in together.  So we're up for some waiting there, it's a huge one to be able to play without the gameserver haunting you lol
    Bacon Captcha.
    Select the images that are of the new Crusader Planet.

tzervolaxie
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 3,573
    Patch 3.14 released to the live servers including the huge gas giant Crusader and it's cloud city Orison:

Welcome to Orison:

Cargo Hauler Taurus added to the flyable ships:

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member UncommonPosts: 1,098
    I finally bought in and I gotta tell you, it really an amazing experience. It is so much fun doing missions and stuff in my avenger titan. 
    ErillionMaxBaconlaxieBabuinix

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,254
    More on hospitals and healing in Star Citizen

Have fun

Babuinix