Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Development Updates

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 6,823
    edited February 2018
    Yes it is a tl;dr: topics and bullets, this is a studio update not a Q&A with a few questions.

Also, the monthly report has been posted, https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/16399-Monthly-Studio-Report-January-2018

Tr;dr for that:

(ment*)
    rpmcmurphy
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,107
    Awww why did you edit your SA comment out MaxLexandre?
    It was pretty harmless.

..Cake..

sgel said:
    It was pretty harmless.
    No it triggers people. Dangerous people. Dark people.
    craftseekerJamesGoblin
  • ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    It was pretty harmless.

What, are we suppose to be scared now? Fuck SA, just my opinion. They got what's coming to them soon. You think you can stir the pot in anonymity and you'll be okay in real life?
    rpmcmurphy
    Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,879
    Erillion said:
    There is no fucking "perception filter" on colors. If you can't properly see colors you have a visual impairment aka you're not trichromatic. What type of dope do folks shoot up with before making statements like this? That was infuriatingly dumb.

Have sense
    httpwwwdgxicombinprod500CTCLWSet10jpg

Have fun

JamesGoblin
    Raging Demons for all flowchart "Kens". This is a metaphor.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member RarePosts: 2,590
    Erillion said:
    There is no fucking "perception filter" on colors. If you can't properly see colors you have a visual impairment aka you're not trichromatic. What type of dope do folks shoot up with before making statements like this? That was infuriatingly dumb.

Have sense

Have fun
    Yours are obviously the rose colored ones.....
    :wink:
    craftseekerPingu2012TalonsinJamesGoblin

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Zandog said:
    What, are we suppose to be scared now? Fuck SA, just my opinion. They got what's coming to them soon. You think you can stir the pot in anonymity and you'll be okay in real life?
    Scared? No, SA doesn't make my type it's a relationship with no future xD

Erillion said:

I'll take the light pink ones, that would seriously look good on me.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,107
    edited February 2018
    Zandog said:
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    It was pretty harmless.

What does that even mean? "Get what's coming to them".
    You even mention about real life?... :o
    Jezus you even have it in your sig :o
    Goons seem to have triggered you really badly.

..Cake..

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 9,679
    edited February 2018
    Alpha 3.0.1 is now on the live servers.

Have fun
    Post edited by Erillion on
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 779
    Erillion said:
    Alpha 3.1 is now on the live servers.

Have fun
    3.0.1 :)

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

edited February 2018
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Sorry, of course.

3.0.1 to live

Patch Notes:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//16401-Star-Citizen-Alpha-301

3.1 is currently tested by the Evocati. (verifying that information again - may have been a typo by a friend ... 3.1 instead of 3.0.1)

Have fun

Post edited by Erillion on
  • AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388
    edited February 2018
    Erillion said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Sorry, of course.

3.0.1 to live

Patch Notes:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//16401-Star-Citizen-Alpha-301

3.1 is currently tested by the Evocati.

Have fun

3.1 is already on Evo? I thought that would be release in March/April.

Would love to confirm all the features but sadly the link to the latest schedule report throws a 404

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/Schedule-report-05012018

I tried to overwrite the UEE suggestion but the they only left me with one choice so why even ask if you just redirect me to the hp anyway? If you want to make your website a game at least give the gamer a choice...

But at least the bitcoin adress that is linked in the same thread is valid. The post you find via Google, Star Citizen Roadmap 2018, top post
    Alumicard said:
    I will ask my Avocado buddies over the weekend.

He wrote 3.1  Could have been a typo for 3.0.1 

Will see.

Have fun
    Alumicard said:

Would love to confirm all the features but sadly the link to the latest schedule report throws a 404

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/Schedule-report-05012018

I tried to overwrite the UEE suggestion but the they only left me with one choice so why even ask if you just redirect me to the hp anyway? If you want to make your website a game at least give the gamer a choice...

But at least the bitcoin adress that is linked in the same thread is valid. The post you find via Google, Star Citizen Roadmap 2018, top post
    It was 3.0.1 indeed, the schedule report moved to the roadmap.
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 779
    Babuinix said:
    ATV Frankfurt Office aka Magic Germans

Dopamine version (Only video):

Oh sweetness god....SQ42 is going to be epic indeed.

Hmmm the planet surface vegetation looks a little bit outdated.
    But maybe just first iteration.

I am looking for this kind of quality :)

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 2,255
    Lovely forest but it's only an interactive demo, I'm afraid they wont let you play with your friends and seamless fly a space ship to the nearest moon, or have fps fights in eva for that matter.

Pity really, shows great potential of the unity engine nonetheless.

I am looking for this kind of quality :)

Now that'd be amazing, when you make one isolated demo so many things are possible, then the whole game, mechanics, the multiplayer aspect and the scale rolls in, and it's not longer viable to achieve.

I think it shall win more on the dynamic and simulation, stuff like the weather simulation, day and night cycles and so on. Also fauna seems interesting because the AI simulation and behavior they create (that Sims like AI) to put in play in the fauna can be quite interesting to see playing how it's made to interact with everything else.
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 558
    Babuinix said:
    Lovely forest but it's only an interactive demo, I'm afraid they wont let you play with your friends and seamless fly a space ship to the nearest moon, or have fps fights in eva for that matter.

Pity really, shows great potential of the unity engine nonetheless.
    Oh the irony, guys please...
    Pingu2012
    One of the more realistic solutions lie on things as that discussion about LOD's and so when it comes to flora talking about jungles and dense areas

Sort of technology that they can look at to achieve results as that on the necessary scale.

edited February 2018
    This is fun, one would think it is a bug...
    https://streamable.com/stcih

But he didn't realize he actually ran out of fuel and crashed into a moon lol :D 
    Babuinix

Greetings Citizens,

Right before the weekend, we updated the Live servers to Alpha 3.0.1. You can read the full patch notes here. Thank you to everyone who logged in this weekend to help provide feedback on the Issue Council and Spectrum.

With that, let’s see what’s going on this week:

Monday: This week on Calling All Devs, we discuss the the golf ball bug, the Redeemer and the future of mission giver Tessa Bannister. You can watch the episode here.

Tuesday: The Lore Team explores the Kellog System in an all new Loremaker’s Guide to the Galaxy. All Lore content is released on Tuesdays with something different every week, so make sure to check out the 2018 Lore Release Schedule here.

Thursday: Around the Verse dives deep into weapon balance this week. Get all the latest info on ship weapons and how the team designs them.

Friday: Make sure to tune in to our Twitch Channel at 8AM PST/4PM UTC for a new episode of Reverse the Verse. Joining us this week is John Crewe Andy Nicholson to answer all of your questions about weapon balance.

With that, we’ll see you in the ‘Verse!

Tyler Nolin
    Community Manager

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/16403-This-Week-In-Star-Citizen

Look at updates Port Olisar is to get in the future, I think is cooler to make it look more like a modern sort of airport like that.