Best game for solo casuals who want to option to group and do pvp

2»

Comments

• HatefullHatefull Member RarePosts: 1,478
    edited March 2016
    d_20 said:
    I know -- the title sounds trashy. But it's me, after taking a long hard look at what I want in a game now. It doesn't have to be an MMORPG.

What I want is a game where I can do my own thing and there are other players around. I want to have progression and I don't mind solo grind, but I hate dungeons and raids and having to do this or that pve experience repeatedly to get certain must-have pieces of gear. I don't like being locked out of progression by group content.

I like pvp, but I want it to be consensual.

I wouldn't mind doing group content if I had RL friends that played mmos, but I don't. I don't mind being in a casual guild, but I don't want a game that is guild up or go home. I don't like the "in game, in TS" kind of situation. I don't mind scheduled activities, but I don't want to be "on call" every time I log in.

I love games where progression is based on skilling up (skill points, skill trees, etc.)  rather than gear level. I love exploration and crafting.

Gonna sound weird, but Eve.  I know no where in Eve is "Safe" but if you stay in High - sec area's your chances of getting involved in PvP are pretty slim.  

It has a skill system, a huge play area (even avoiding Low sec area's) crafting, gathering and plenty of PvE activities.  It's is definitely not for everyone but I believe it is worth a look at.  Also you can get a free 7 day trial so no commitment required.

Post edited by Hatefull on

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

• NightHaveNNightHaveN VirginiaMember UncommonPosts: 1,035
    edited March 2016
    Guild Wars 2.  PvP is entirely optional and very balanced (at least Conquest) where everyone is level up to cap and stats are balanced.  Is more about your build and how good are you at it.

Also there are many ways to get the high end gear, but for regular PvE is not needed at all.

While there are dungeons and a raid, the later one only with the new expansion, they are optional too.  I have level characters without doing a single dungeon.
    Post edited by NightHaveN on
  • d_20d_20 SeoulMember RarePosts: 1,648
    Hatefull said:
    d_20 said:
    I know -- the title sounds trashy. But it's me, after taking a long hard look at what I want in a game now. It doesn't have to be an MMORPG.

What I want is a game where I can do my own thing and there are other players around. I want to have progression and I don't mind solo grind, but I hate dungeons and raids and having to do this or that pve experience repeatedly to get certain must-have pieces of gear. I don't like being locked out of progression by group content.

I like pvp, but I want it to be consensual.

I wouldn't mind doing group content if I had RL friends that played mmos, but I don't. I don't mind being in a casual guild, but I don't want a game that is guild up or go home. I don't like the "in game, in TS" kind of situation. I don't mind scheduled activities, but I don't want to be "on call" every time I log in.

I love games where progression is based on skilling up (skill points, skill trees, etc.)  rather than gear level. I love exploration and crafting.

Gonna sound weird, but Eve.  I know no where in Eve is "Safe" but if you stay in High - sec area's your chances of getting involved in PvP are pretty slim.  

It has a skill system, a huge play area (even avoiding Low sec area's) crafting, gathering and plenty of PvE activities.  It's is definitely not for everyone but I believe it is worth a look at.  Also you can get a free 7 day trial so no commitment required.

Thanks for the suggestion. I guess in some ways it is like Darkfall in Space. I've tried it a few times, but I could never get through the tutorial. I like having an avatar. Also there was so much info to digest. I'm not that smart when I play games.