Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2016
    IDK what TL server people might play on but the one i was on was near completely dead and that was already becoming a problem within 3-4 months.

The problem i see is the gamer,they clearly knew what the TL server was going to be doing but still they wanted to treat it like a race and expect new content every month.Then when majority voted no they would lose it and likely why most quit.
    The guild i was in started out amazing,very good times,great leader but i could feel the pressure he was under to race this thing forward,instead he should have remained relaxed and take it slow.Last i login i saw that maybe 2-4 people in the guild randomly login out of the maybe 100 we had and many on at all times.

Last time about a month or so ago,i did a check and saw only around 2-300 maximum people in the game and that was around peak times.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    edited March 2016
    Wizardry said:
    IDK what TL server people might play on but the one i was on was near completely dead and that was already becoming a problem within 3-4 months.

The problem i see is the gamer,they clearly knew what the TL server was going to be doing but still they wanted to treat it like a race and expect new content every month.Then when majority voted no they would lose it and likely why most quit.
    The guild i was in started out amazing,very good times,great leader but i could feel the pressure he was under to race this thing forward,instead he should have remained relaxed and take it slow.Last i login i saw that maybe 2-4 people in the guild randomly login out of the maybe 100 we had and many on at all times.
    Well, for me as a subscriber I just didn't think that going back through the progression of updates was worth it because I had already done it several times. I also knew they would eventually progress to what is one or two updates behind live.

As a subscriber I can get my mail anywhere in the world and use the auction house anywhere in the world.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I think it really depends on what server you end up on...Last time I tried the game a couple years ago the 2 servers I tried were absolute ghost towns...I rarely ever saw another player even in the bigger towns....YOu'd see a few people in the beginner areas and then the rest were waiting on raids....There was no tons of people  at every level like some of these people are saying.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    I don't think the time lock servers are appropriate for me.  Part of the attraction of playing an older game is that it has time to have a lot of polish and massive amounts of content.  But you don't get that if you play an old version that doesn't get all of the accumulated years of patches.

I could have played EverQuest II ten years ago and chose not to.  Nothing has changed in the last decade to make me now want to play the game as it was then.  For that matter, there's more competition now than there was then.

You might propose going where the crowd of players go.  But I've never been one to follow the crowd on general principle.  And as I play alts, I level slower than most people, so I don't keep up with them anyway.  Besides, how active do you think the lower level parts of the new time-locked server will be after all of the modern patches get added?

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Torval said:
    I play on wherever Everfrost ended up. I still can't remember the name of my three name server lol.

I play all Fae and either neutral or good classes. Some of them start in Kelethin, but mostly I either start in Halas or Gorowen now. I like those areas and quests.

The main is a warden because druids are awesome. He makes a pretty powerful duo with his merc even though it's a bit tiring hearing about the power of dragons, in the presence of dragons, blah ditty blah blah blah. I've been looking for a new merc to switch out but I don't like how the merc boxes are setup not being heirloom and so random.
    Just hire Kenny (rare) that hangs around Nek castle he is awesome but expensive. I use the 10 year vet merc so I got a powerhouse. :lol:

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

EQ2 is one of those games that I can t stay away from. I am lucky my wife plays it with me. I play tank, she plays healer, and we get 2 dps mercs. We can literally do everything, outside of a few dungeons where the mercs aren t smart enough for some of the dynamics. That said, there is a shit ton of content, will last you a really long time. You mention you level slower then most. You sound like my wife and I. Every guild we re ever in , the other members are way ahead. We don t care , we just like to take our time. That said, as a soloer, there is so much to do when you can t find a group, you won t be bored. Being a slow leveler just extends the time.

Really enjoy EQ2, we just re subbed actually.

When we get settled again(busy at our restaurant we own), if you decide to give it a shot, maybe we can help you. We re on Maj' Dul, super busy server.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    What i liked he most about EQ2's combat in comparison to WOW was that i had no global cooldown and there was always some skill ready to use.
    I felt like the combat was more fluid that way.

• OfficerFriendlyEQ2OfficerFriendlyEQ2 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    EQ2 may still be a good game now since some servers merged. However I'm a PvP whore, thus I left the game. When is 'Next' coming? o/