Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not so smooth launch...

PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
Apparently they didn't need the third server in either region... March 3rd will be the true tell.  Some say it's pretty empty.

Login in issues for some.... some haven't been able to log in for 8 hours.

Characters created on wrong server or glitched onto wrong server... can't be moved, must delete and create a new character on the correct server.  Lost 6 hours of game time at head start, bonus items will have to be reissued.

Bonus items not being delivered or delivered wrong (duping).

In a nutshell, your standard MMO launch... albeit rather tame.

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Okay?

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Are you playing the game your self?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012
    That's a shame. I've had an extremely easy time of it. And no crowds. Must have been the server I'm on.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sovrath said:
    That's a shame. I've had an extremely easy time of it. And no crowds. Must have been the server I'm on.
    It was just characters created in the Seredia channel on all 3 NA servers. The channel links were messed up and it put you in a server other than the one you thought you were picking.

The other issue with pre-order item claiming (some not getting it after several hours and others allegedly getting duplicates) seems to be fairly small.

It seems to be a pretty good launch all things considered, at least for now. We'll see what happens when the next batch comes in Tuesday morning. That could be a bigger group.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• OscillateOscillate Member UncommonPosts: 239
    edited February 2016
    Play if you like it, not if you don't.  A game like this isn't for everyone, but I know I like it personally.

(Akiraosc)

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Oscillate said:
    Play if you like it, not if you don't.  A game like this isn't for everyone, but I know I like it personally.
    Uh, what does this have to do with his launch experience?

White Knighting w/o a reason makes you look quite ridiculous... >.>

Witty & Wicked >:)

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    A smooth launch is a sign of weakness. Give me disconnects and queues. Then I know a lot of people want to play. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

v_Ve said:
    Oscillate said:
    Uh, what does this have to do with his launch experience?

White Knighting w/o a reason makes you look quite ridiculous... >.>
    It is not whiteknighting... I am watching the launch as it happens, it NA and EU, it has been smooth as silk.  What you are saying it absurd.  Just facts.

(Akiraosc)

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    edited February 2016
    this F2P right? Is it worth the download?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

And what I was saying, is if you don't like that game and just want to bitch and nit-pick, then it isn't worth playing, move on.  Trust me, I use to be just like you, its not worth it.  Find a different game.

(Akiraosc)

If you played beta and liked it, or saw videos and think you will like it, why not?  It is just 30$ and no monthly subs.  People want to call it pay2win, but without a sub, they need an item shop and the items sold aren't as p2w as people say.  

The game is in-depth, no raiding/dungeons, rather the content is in a seamless world.  Like areas with harder mobs / better loot.  These are just the facts, I am not hyping it, just telling you what I know and to do your research on it for yourself.  Since you didn't pre-order, you have till 3rd March to make a sound decision.

(Akiraosc)

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

No and no.
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Yeah right. I was watching the streams of the launch, it only took most people an hour or so to get in. That's REAAAAAAL bad (sarcasm)

I can recall waiting several days to finally get to play Diablo 2, 5+ hours for SWTOR, and hours for Aion. This was relatively painless in comparison to a lot of mmo launches in recent history.
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    edited February 2016
    Oscillate said:
    If you played beta and liked it, or saw videos and think you will like it, why not?  It is just 30$ and no monthly subs.  People want to call it pay2win, but without a sub, they need an item shop and the items sold aren't as p2w as people say.  

The game is in-depth, no raiding/dungeons, rather the content is in a seamless world.  Like areas with harder mobs / better loot.  These are just the facts, I am not hyping it, just telling you what I know and to do your research on it for yourself.  Since you didn't pre-order, you have till 3rd March to make a sound decision.
    It's strange to think that there used to be a time where a majority of the market would complain about heavy use of instancing, and raids being instanced rather than seamless. Now a days, it's become the polar opposite. NO ENDGAME RAID CONTENT?!

I can't speak for whether this games any good, but at $30, the classes do look pretty fun. I'll probably give it a shot.
  • KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I made 4 characters on I thought Orwen, got booted to the newest server Uno, away from guild, away from my preorder items, leveled a character already to 25 and another to 18, I am not making them over. Guess I am stuck on this server without the guild I was going to join. Pretty crappy imo.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Oscillate said:

A shop doesn't need to be p2w. Doesn't GW2 still only sell cosmetics? Have they gone bankrupt?*

*Void and forget the comment if GW2 is indeed not just cosmetics or have gone out of business
  • breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    edited February 2016
    Eh sorry dude but the lunch is on the 3th.
    Right now the "I ROX i pay 100$ to beta test the server's before it really lunches" peeps are testing the stuff.
    And like a real costumer i hope the game is fixed/tested before it actually lunches on the 3th  :P

How dumb can you really be, not one game in the last 5 years has lunched normally.
    So paying 100$ for a 4 day head start seems kinda MEH....
    But then again there are plenty of peeps that pay it,  so why not. (Asians are smart)

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    Oscillate said:

Oh I see, if its a little p2w in a game one likes then it is ok.

if there is no pay to win in a game a person hates than that's killing the industry and everyone should hate the game too. . .

• rapatpamprapatpamp Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Man getting characters made on the wrong server or moved to the wrong server is something I haven't heard of before.

That's a huge red flag to me.
  • softscent40softscent40 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    i loved the game had a great time in beta
  • softscent40softscent40 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    it launches March 3rd pay 2 play

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    they did a smart thing staggering the pre orders like they did.  I would bet the large majority of the purchases were for the 50$ package, so we will see how it is on Monday.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Things settled down a few hours in login wise. The only big problem is people's characters being moved around.

I don't include not getting preorder items right away since it's not a huge deal and most people are whiners 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I usually wait til rush hour is over.  But thanks for helping them straighten out the bugs.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey