Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expansions

SaranthSaranth Member UncommonPosts: 269

I have the basic SWG game without any of the expansions. Will I be mission out if I came back to the game without buying the expansions?

Comments

• apocadallapocadall Member Posts: 64

The only things you wont get I think are the space sim combat simulator thingy and the planet kassyhk (sp?) which does have alot of quests by the sounds of it.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

You can read this month's PCGamer for a good review of ROTW.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Without the two expansions you are clearly missing two of the best components of the game.

JTL ... space missions ... it puts the STARs into Star Wars.

Rage of the Wookiees .... best quests and missions ... introduces much needed content into SWG. Content is there in the basic game ..lots of it ... but stretched thin over 10 HUGE planets and therefore often not that easy to find.

Have fun

Erillion 

• SaranthSaranth Member UncommonPosts: 269

Well, I logged in tonight and created a new toon on Lowca. My others are on Intrepid and radiant. First of all, I was suprised to see most of the servers had a heavy or extremely heavy load. I went ahead and did the tutorial missions to relearn how to play. I have to say I was impressed.
    I played for several hours and had to pull myself off of it. The people were helpful and friendly, except for one idiot who decided to kill all the little nuna's, that i was killing, because I wouldn't duel him. I was CL2 and he was CL 12. Putz! Anyway, I logged off and went to my smuggler. My guild had long since disbanded ::::05:: and my armor couldnt be worn. No biggie. So I logged on my Bounty Hunter. Still going to take a while to figure him out again, but I'm excited about it. I opted not to respec either of my older characters.

Either way, I'm gonna D/L ROTW tomorrow night.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Saranth
    Well, I logged in tonight and created a new toon on Lowca. My others are on Intrepid and radiant. First of all, I was suprised to see most of the servers had a heavy or extremely heavy load. I went ahead and did the tutorial missions to relearn how to play. I have to say I was impressed.
    I played for several hours and had to pull myself off of it. The people were helpful and friendly, except for one idiot who decided to kill all the little nuna's, that i was killing, because I wouldn't duel him. I was CL2 and he was CL 12. Putz! Anyway, I logged off and went to my smuggler. My guild had long since disbanded ::::05:: and my armor couldnt be worn. No biggie. So I logged on my Bounty Hunter. Still going to take a while to figure him out again, but I'm excited about it. I opted not to respec either of my older characters.Either way, I'm gonna D/L ROTW tomorrow night.

Saranth,

Shoot me a PM in game or an email. My guild is very new player friendly and we always welcome new faces. If you can't reach me you can contact Elye, Arrthuss, Protius, Glile or Natira. Any of us can get you set up. Our city, Barilla is on Tallus, a new player world. Dearic is 1500m away from our city so you can hunt from the city or join any of the hunting groups we form.

We have at least one hunting group formed any night and usually several during the day as well. We typically hunt out of our own mission terminals right in our city so there is almost always someone in town or nearby. Several nights a week the folks who have elite combat masteries go on more 'raid' style missions to Kashyyk, Dathomir, Endor and other locations. We also form Krayt hunting groups fairly regularly as well.

Welcome to Lowca!

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

OK, I'll send you a tell tonight. I don't remember what my name is on my new character, as I used the name generator.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

I played for several hours and had to pull myself off of it. The people were helpful and friendly, except for one idiot who decided to kill all the little nuna's, that i was killing, because I wouldn't duel him. I was CL2 and he was CL 12. Putz! Anyway, I logged off and went to my smuggler. My guild had long since disbanded ::::05:: and my armor couldnt be worn. No biggie. So I logged on my Bounty Hunter. Still going to take a while to figure him out again, but I'm excited about it. I opted not to respec either of my older characters.Either way, I'm gonna D/L ROTW tomorrow night.

Yes, the new tutorial system is very nice. And to boot that annoying newbie r2 isn't popping out every 2 seconds asking if you want to do a tutorial!

And BTW, I wouldn't download it. I would buy Total Experience. Its the same price and the BARC is ALOT better then that lizard they give you for the download version. The BARC is very nice period.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Originally posted by Fadeus

Yes, the new tutorial system is very nice. And to boot that annoying newbie r2 isn't popping out every 2 seconds asking if you want to do a tutorial!

And BTW, I wouldn't download it. I would buy Total Experience. Its the same price and the BARC is ALOT better then that lizard they give you for the download version. The BARC is very nice period.

^^^ What he said.

Sig image Pending

Too late. I already downloaded it. I was affraid that if I got the TE I would have to have a new account and lose all my old characters. BTW, What is the BARC?

Too late. I already downloaded it. I was affraid that if I got the TE I would have to have a new account and lose all my old characters. BTW, What is the BARC?

Its the new speeder bike from Episode III that has awesome terrain negotation. And if you really want it you can still get TE and add it overtop of the download. But obviously you have to pay twice then.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Is that the only way to get it?

Yep

- Scaris

• WheezalWheezal Member UncommonPosts: 249

well..ya can save up 4-7 million credits and buy one.   i think they're going for that much these days, depends on the server.

MMO Name: InVictus Kell
    Currently Playing:
    EVE Online

Are there character transfers. I'd like to move one my characters to the Lowca if possible. If not no biggie.

Are there character transfers. I'd like to move one my characters to the Lowca if possible. If not no biggie.

I believe it's still a paid service, but yes there's one.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

Yep, I read about it. It's $30 per character and you cant even take your stuff. Forget that.

Well, I've always enjoyed creating new characters. With the exception of some DWB artifacts, I've had no issues with accruing rare items and vast amounts of credits are by no means hard to come by. If you have an interest in joining Lowca, I'd say go for it. I'm sure you'll be back up and running in no time.

Ico

No, if you don't want to pay $29.95 for it you can pay 6-7 million credits for one in game :) It's a good way for new players to get a really fast huge nest-egg :) The ONLY way you get them is by buying TE but you can claim the deed then sell it (which some folks do, as I said, for 6-7 million credits).

The lizard you get with the digital download isn't all that great. I'd recommend just buying the game at best buy or circuit city or EBGames.

Sig image Pending