Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New GPU Recommendations?

spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
Generally, the folks over here know their hardware better. Currently running a GTX 750 Ti OC, which was fairly "meh" for BDO. It did ok, nothing spectacular. So figured I'd ask for recommendations for a GPU in the $200-300 range and see what turns up. Could I see respectable gains?

Comments

• NorthernHermitNorthernHermit Member UncommonPosts: 35
    edited February 2016
    New GTX 960 4Gb would be most fitting for your budget but avoid Asus if you are getting soon it (you have to be very lucky to not get "monday product") So safest way is to go with this: https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-04gp43968kr
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    GTX 970 is good, but Nvidia's Pascal cards are supposed to be here soon and I'd wait if you can play with whatever you have.

I picked up a GTX 960 cheap last year and run BDO on Med/High with 50-60 FPS. 970 should see 60 FPS on everything very high except the ultra mode or whatever which eats FPS for all cards.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Wait for Pascal. Seriously.
    Oh dang i forgot that totally +1 for Bizkit
  • SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    You wouldn't see enough of a bump with a gtx960 imo. Go for gtx970 and shop around for a deal, you should be able to get it in your desired price range. Myself, I'm buying a gtx980 for this bad boy game. 
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    for $200-$300 range I would go for a R9-280x or a R9-390.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    I thought (like an many other games out there) BDO has issued with AMD GPUs... I would stick to nVidia, just because they seem to shower the game developers in money to make game optimized for them..
  • spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531

"the Pascal-based Drive PX 2 module...is simply a car supercomputer that relies on the power of graphics processors in order to help engineers make autonomous cars."

Wow. Guess I've been outta my news lately. I didn't realize we've come that far. 

That 980 looks beast too, hard for me to justify that price tag though.

• KhaoslightKhaoslight Member UncommonPosts: 36
    BizkitNL said:
    Wait for Pascal. Seriously.
    Agreed, but if you can't wait, Find a gtx 970/980 on a discount as Svar suggested.

Personally, I would really stress holding out for Pascal in April?
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Svarcanum said:
    I thought (like an many other games out there) BDO has issued with AMD GPUs... I would stick to nVidia, just because they seem to shower the game developers in money to make game optimized for them..
    Nope that's not true.  R9 270x ran BDO on high with 55 fps.  That's not bad for an old AMD card.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

I run BDO 40-80 fps @max and when i were spectating node battle on CBT2 i had about 60 fps during that time. Using EVGA Gtx 970 FTW
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    edited February 2016
    Seem like vram is getting more important so I would go for 4gb+. The 960 4gb is cheap with good price/performanc ratio, but not recommended for over 1080p. A 970 4gb is the go to card at the moment, good price/performance ratio in the middle-high end. Or the outsider R390 8gb which is performance wise similar to a 970, but cheaper and you get 8gb which might turn out to be an advantage in the comming years.
    As always there is a price/performance curve, and after the sweet spot (970 ish performance) the price start rising fast per extra percentage of performance. Also noise might be a consideration that can vary a good deal depending on chip model and cooling solution/quality.
  • CavemanBECavemanBE Member UncommonPosts: 78
    spikers14 said:
    Generally, the folks over here know their hardware better. Currently running a GTX 750 Ti OC, which was fairly "meh" for BDO. It did ok, nothing spectacular. So figured I'd ask for recommendations for a GPU in the $200-300 range and see what turns up. Could I see respectable gains?
    Isn't the Gtx 750i Better than a Gtx 770 ?

I game on a gtx 770 at the moment,but gonne build a new system.
    Playing the division on high settings so i would be fine to wait on pascal before i build my new rig no?
  • KhaoslightKhaoslight Member UncommonPosts: 36
    CavemanBE said:
    spikers14 said:

Playing the division on high settings so i would be fine to wait on pascal before i build my new rig no?
    Depends on what you want, when you want.

If you're planning on a new/partial build (cpu,gpu,mobo,ram at least) I would wait.

Sites like Newegg, Ibuypower, partpicker, (to name a few) will offer combo deals and/or slight to moderate discounts when buying certain parts together.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    MMOs are more CPU dependant than GPU so if you are not using 100% of your GPU then its weak CPU problem or bad game optimization, engine
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    saurus123 said:
    MMOs are more CPU dependant than GPU so if you are not using 100% of your GPU then its weak CPU problem or bad game optimization, engine
    No, they are not...
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    +1 for waiting. If the new nVidia cards live up to even some of their hype it will be worth the wait/investment.
    CavemanBE said:
    spikers14 said:

Depends on what you want, when you want.

If you're planning on a new/partial build (cpu,gpu,mobo,ram at least) I would wait.

Sites like Newegg, Ibuypower, partpicker, (to name a few) will offer combo deals and/or slight to moderate discounts when buying certain parts together.

I gonne build a rig on a Maximus VIII Formula cpu i 7 6700  or Rampage V extreme cpu i7 5930k.
    Don't now it for now what you guys think its best ( future)

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    edited February 2016
    spikers14 said:
    http://2p.com/36961540_2/Black-Desert-GPU-Tests-amp-Graphics-Comparison-at-1080p-and-4K-Resolutions-by-Blake-Lau.htm

Either r9 280/280x/380/380x or R9 390. 970 is a bit future gimped with its 3,5 GB VRam

960 is pretty much worst choice you can make. Especially 4GB one.
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    I played the CBT with an i5 8gb and gtx 770 used the GeForce optimise and the game ran at 50-60 fps at a good setting.
  • srpssrps Member UncommonPosts: 121
    edited February 2016
    Unless you're desperate for a new card right now, I'd advise to wait for a price drop on the current ones or the next generation of cards (Polaris for AMD, Pascal for NVidia), which should be a few months away.

Polaris will probably get here first, probably mid-summer.

Right now, I'd say a R9 280X / 380X would probably be your best bet for this game still in budget. If you can nab a GTX970 or a R9 290 / 390 those would be better of course.

If you're going to run at 1920x1080 3GB VRAM will likely be enough. If you intend to run the game at higher resolutions I recommend getting a card with at least 4GB.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I have a GTX 980ti.
    BDO is terrible.
    Waiting for The Division.
    Playing FO4 atm. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Avanah said:
    I have a GTX 980ti.
    BDO is terrible.
    Waiting for The Division.
    Playing FO4 atm. :)
    Lol runs fine on my Gtx 770 :surprised: 
  • KrylosKrylos Member UncommonPosts: 73
    edited February 2016
    I run BDO on High End Mode with 45-60FPS with my r9 390.  No issues with radeon cards here.  That being said, if you NEED one before april, get you 970gtx or a r9 290/390 then upgrade in a few months.  Otherwise hold out.

I was going to get an 980ti but i decided to go R9 390 because it would suffice and wouldnt be a huge money loss when I upgrade to pascal