Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO Closed Beta Two Ignites the Community - Black Desert Online at MMORPG.com

Comments

• NokksonwoodNokksonwood Member UncommonPosts: 91
    edited February 2016
    DMKano said:
    Gorwe said:
    So, what's so hot about this game? The fact it's a pseudo sandbox?
    It's new.
    It's pretty.
    It's $30.
    It's solo players dream come true.
    It's easy.
    There's a lot to do without having to rely on anyone else.

TRANSLATION- It's not a TRION game, ewwww * WAVES HANDS IN A DELICATE MANNER *
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,495
    Half the community played AA and got burned by Trion.  I don't blame them for being critical of anything a publisher does.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• AzzazzelAzzazzel Member CommonPosts: 1
    I played BDO for 3 days and i can say/write that i enjoyed every moment of it. I believe that its a wonderfull game and can offer good moments thats the main reason i bought it the second reason is that some of my friends liked it also and the boight it too so we will have great time together. Ofcourse personaly speaking i like crafting questing exploring than raiding in instances so this game suits me the most so far. So in the end its a new beautiful game play and enjoy it you are a gamer thats what you do.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,025

Overall it seems like a positive response to it, at least from my perspective.  I see more praise from well reasoned posters than the negative reactions.  I haven't followed it closely or played it myself so just commenting on the community reaction thing.

But I will give it a try if/when they release the Archer.

Archer is already in and always was...
    I played over the beta weekend while slightly tipsy and nearly wrote the game off... Tried again sober on the Sunday and loved it... Things started clicking with a clear head and I saw the depth on offer related to crafting/trading/gathering/fishing.. I upgraded my Explorer's pack to Conqueror's on the strength of my Sunday playtime..

My only gripe is the cash shop prices being a bit steep and the oft-times lacklustre translations because half the time what the Black Spirit is saying makes no sense lol

Anyway I'm REALLY looking forward to Sunday to get started for real...

The waiting impatiently is real !!!
  • Miffi89Miffi89 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Whilst I agree that the cash shop items maybe be a little pricey, I feel people fail to realise why. They have removed CS items being sold on AH. It means a fair part of their potential revenue that would normally be received from whales who want to p2w, cannot do so. Everyone uses other MMO CS's as examples, but in most of them, if not all, every item can be sold on the AH for in-game money. BDO isn't doing that, they have listened to their community and are not resorting to this. The result is, we need to pay a premium for our vanity to make somewhat up for this game decision. I for one am happy to pay $22 for a costume (which is what it is... not $32, thats with a weapon skin, which is most MMO CS's are also sold separately) if it means they stay away from that shady business that is CS items on the AH.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,313
    DMKano said:
    Gorwe said:
    It's new.
    It's pretty.
    It's $30.
    It's easy.
    Actually DMKano you don't have a clue. You really need to research this. Since you won't I try to keep it as short a possible and try to address the people that want OW PvP without consequences changed and Karama loss reduced. I will also cover the outlaw cities and how they will be institutded so yoyu can undersatnd the difference.

first address you points.

1.- It is a new a different sandbox.

2. - It is very well designed sandbox

3. - It may be to low cost but there will be inventive to pay to play. You can count on it or the servers will close really fast. However..

Since many self entitled think a sandbox equal OW FFA PvP without restrictions and therefore they absolutely must cry, hold their breath and stomp their feet so it gets changed or they won't play. I perfer they didn't becasue after 50 they will probably not play anymore and if they do play will change their thinking. Post 55 will probably end their stay though as explaind later.

4. - It is solo for those that want to do solo stuff but the end game is GROUP oriented PvE and PvP since the best shit in the game comes in high argo hard hitting areas you're much safer to level in groups as I will explain later.

5. - NO it is not going to be easy post 50 for PvE and those wanting to stay red for their little outlaw towns.

6. - Many games already are so what the fuck is the difference?

Now address the rest of this. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

For those that don't quite understand the PvP system and how it is different than OW FFA PvP without consequence level cap easy to get games like DF where nothing is involved , L2 with die loose karma go do it again and AA where it is 80 in a week.

The current system is designed to discourage bad behavior and promote better behavior because of condition of cry, whine and stomp feet syndrome players or the child syndrome.

FACT: Leveling in BDO is not your normal means to the end cap because there is no end. There is no level cap and you can play the game 24/7 grinding mobs for 50 years and never stop gaining experience or levels.

FACT: Each level id exponentially more difficult to obtain and if you die you will be set back hours and days OF GRINDING (depending on the level is at which you die). NOW PAY ATTENTION CHILDREN! Every mob you kill post 50 you GAIN GOOD karma and really fast.

Hello?

If you are NOT under zero karma you are kill on sight in your little outlaw town.

Hello?

If you play nice and duel, pvp arena or declare war on others you can freely attack kill each other without consequence in OW FFA PvP game play. YOU do NOT loose experience.

You are free to kill  anyone anytime outside safe area but if they didn't flag up (agree to your duel request so to speak) you commit an assault and are immediately  charged with karma loss weather you win the fight or not. The person you attacked can freely attack back and KILL you with no consequence but you WILL loose experience, more and more item decay and enchantment loss and be repawned in a random area if below a threshold but you do NOT reset the karma. If you kill that person you will gain much more bad karma. The person you kill does NOT loose any experience and if a monster kills them they still do NOT loose experience.

The most you do is make them run back to flag or just go elsewhere in the mean time you are free target to kill.

Now here comes someone wanting to revamp the entire game code so they can freely attack, kill others without any consequence because it is EASY to change the entire system.
    Hello?

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,485
    edited February 2016
    When we decided on a "Buy to Play" model for Black Desert Online, it was with the players wallets in mind. At Daum Games, we put players credit cards first and it's our mission to ensure that players are given the P2W they expect when playing our games.
    -------------------
    There you go, fixed it :-)
    Harsh I know, the problem is with First Impressions.. Once a game gets a tag, it's extremely difficult to change perceptions.

What they may be better doing is running an open beta with any changes to the cash shop / item stats.
    This would give more players the chance to try the game, and possibly change their opinion - if the prices/stats thing has been toned down.
  • jmalminjmalmin Member UncommonPosts: 41
    This was the game I was looking the most forward too, the first sceenshots from this game looked amazing. After watching the Beta of this game I know I will never play the game, not having an end game or raids kinda makes sure that I would get bored very quickly. This is not a game for me.
  • SainguinSainguin Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Ya know, one complaint I'm amazed I haven't seen more of: the voice acting is so bad it hurts.

Like really, really bad. The Mayor of the first village, is so obviously a young man trying to sound like an old man that it's almost comical but ends up being pathetic.

I'm 100% certain they just went around the office and grabbed random staff to voice act the entire game.
    Where do my f****g comments keep going? Twice I have posted in this article and cant see the comments anywhere..
  • DirtyDozenDirtyDozen Member RarePosts: 386

Overall it seems like a positive response to it, at least from my perspective.  I see more praise from well reasoned posters than the negative reactions.  I haven't followed it closely or played it myself so just commenting on the community reaction thing.

But I will give it a try if/when they release the Archer.

Archer is already in and always was...

I think you mean Ranger, the female version.  I mean the Archer, male version.  I've read that it's planned but no time line on release of it.
  • Dr_BinksDr_Binks Member UncommonPosts: 241
    First off I did not see anything in the cash shop that was P2W so everyone just drop that a lets talk about the real issues. Yes the pets loot and let you know if a bad guy is close and some of the outfits may give you a bit of something... but the real issue is the cost!!! Way to high!!!! Oh yeah just a FYI for all the P2W peeps the best gear in the game is crafted!!

My big problem with this CBT over the last one was how poorly it ran! My PC is a i7 4790K with a gtx980ti and could not run it at 4K because I only got 10 to 15 FPS, had to drop it to 1400p to get 30+ FPS. Also the dumb down a lot of the quests! Like the first mobs you kill in the game is only 2 now when before it was 10 or 12. I had quest that had me kill just 1 mob.... WTF is that Drum please dont dumb the game down because peeps bitch about the grind!!! All MMOs have grind it's part of the game so lets move on. There are some real problems with the game right now and there is only a week to fix them... The first CBT was better so I do hope what we had this weekend was not a taste of what is to come.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,403
    Dr.Nicktu said:
    First off I did not see anything in the cash shop that was P2W so everyone just drop that a lets talk about the real issues. Yes the pets loot and let you know if a bad guy is close and some of the outfits may give you a bit of something... but the real issue is the cost!!! Way to high!!!! Oh yeah just a FYI for all the P2W peeps the best gear in the game is crafted!!

My big problem with this CBT over the last one was how poorly it ran! My PC is a i7 4790K with a gtx980ti and could not run it at 4K because I only got 10 to 15 FPS, had to drop it to 1400p to get 30+ FPS. Also the dumb down a lot of the quests! Like the first mobs you kill in the game is only 2 now when before it was 10 or 12. I had quest that had me kill just 1 mob.... WTF is that Drum please dont dumb the game down because peeps bitch about the grind!!! All MMOs have grind it's part of the game so lets move on. There are some real problems with the game right now and there is only a week to fix them... The first CBT was better so I do hope what we had this weekend was not a taste of what is to come.

Damn, I was planning on buying pretty much the same set up, except without the 4k screen. I have an i5-3570K and a gtx760 and had to drop to medium settings to get about 60fps; was hoping to run BDO on high with the i7 and gtx980ti.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,208
    edited February 2016
    Sainguin said:
    Ya know, one complaint I'm amazed I haven't seen more of: the voice acting is so bad it hurts.

Like really, really bad. The Mayor of the first village, is so obviously a young man trying to sound like an old man that it's almost comical but ends up being pathetic.

I'm 100% certain they just went around the office and grabbed random staff to voice act the entire game.
    Haha, I agree.  I was laughing out loud while playing.  Luckily voice acting is about # 264 of important things in large virtual world MMO's.

I honestly don't know what people think they are going to get in MMO's.  The upcoming selection is very limited.  Especially for MMO's with a budget and the ability to release anything on a reasonable timeline.  Also MMO's with any sandbox features are very limited.  We can cry about BDO but we need to be realistic about the state of the genre as we complain.  You all may be waiting a very long time for a better western virtual world type MMO.

To Kano below:  Good luck participating in the siege system solo unguilded.
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,908
    Torval said:
    DMKano said:
    Gorwe said:
    It's new.
    It's pretty.
    It's $30.
    It's easy.
    You know you keep saying this, but you're offbase here. ESO and SWTOR are a soloer's game. BDO is very solo friendly but in the end it's a group focused pvp game. It's no more solo friendly than Rift, EQ2, WoW, Wildstar, or most other mmos.

OK - hehe. Can we come back to this several months post launch and see about end game?

DMKano said:
    Gorwe said:
    It's new.
    It's pretty.
    It's $30.
    It's easy.

TRANSLATION- It's not a TRION game, ewwww * WAVES HANDS IN A DELICATE MANNER *

Translation - you have no comeback on topic so you resort to trolling

ArChWind said:
    DMKano said:
    Gorwe said:
    It's new.
    It's pretty.
    It's $30.
    It's easy.
    Actually DMKano you don't have a clue. You really need to research this. Since you won't I try to keep it as short a possible and try to address the people that want OW PvP without consequences changed and Karama loss reduced. I will also cover the outlaw cities and how they will be institutded so yoyu can undersatnd the difference.

first address you points.

1.- It is a new a different sandbox.

2. - It is very well designed sandbox

3. - It may be to low cost but there will be inventive to pay to play. You can count on it or the servers will close really fast. However..

Since many self entitled think a sandbox equal OW FFA PvP without restrictions and therefore they absolutely must cry, hold their breath and stomp their feet so it gets changed or they won't play. I perfer they didn't becasue after 50 they will probably not play anymore and if they do play will change their thinking. Post 55 will probably end their stay though as explaind later.

4. - It is solo for those that want to do solo stuff but the end game is GROUP oriented PvE and PvP since the best shit in the game comes in high argo hard hitting areas you're much safer to level in groups as I will explain later.

5. - NO it is not going to be easy post 50 for PvE and those wanting to stay red for their little outlaw towns.

6. - Many games already are so what the fuck is the difference?

Now address the rest of this. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

For those that don't quite understand the PvP system and how it is different than OW FFA PvP without consequence level cap easy to get games like DF where nothing is involved , L2 with die loose karma go do it again and AA where it is 80 in a week.

The current system is designed to discourage bad behavior and promote better behavior because of condition of cry, whine and stomp feet syndrome players or the child syndrome.

FACT: Leveling in BDO is not your normal means to the end cap because there is no end. There is no level cap and you can play the game 24/7 grinding mobs for 50 years and never stop gaining experience or levels.

FACT: Each level id exponentially more difficult to obtain and if you die you will be set back hours and days OF GRINDING (depending on the level is at which you die). NOW PAY ATTENTION CHILDREN! Every mob you kill post 50 you GAIN GOOD karma and really fast.

Hello?

If you are NOT under zero karma you are kill on sight in your little outlaw town.

Hello?

If you play nice and duel, pvp arena or declare war on others you can freely attack kill each other without consequence in OW FFA PvP game play. YOU do NOT loose experience.

You are free to kill  anyone anytime outside safe area but if they didn't flag up (agree to your duel request so to speak) you commit an assault and are immediately  charged with karma loss weather you win the fight or not. The person you attacked can freely attack back and KILL you with no consequence but you WILL loose experience, more and more item decay and enchantment loss and be repawned in a random area if below a threshold but you do NOT reset the karma. If you kill that person you will gain much more bad karma. The person you kill does NOT loose any experience and if a monster kills them they still do NOT loose experience.

The most you do is make them run back to flag or just go elsewhere in the mean time you are free target to kill.

Now here comes someone wanting to revamp the entire game code so they can freely attack, kill others without any consequence because it is EASY to change the entire system.
    Hello?

Are you ok?

Not sure what that rant is about - I've played it to 50+ already. 

The previous Korean CBT1 was a far superior game, you didn't change my mind, sorry.
  • breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    edited February 2016
    DMKano said:
    Torval said:
    DMKano said:
    Gorwe said:
    It's new.
    It's pretty.
    It's $30.
    It's easy.
    You know you keep saying this, but you're offbase here. ESO and SWTOR are a soloer's game. BDO is very solo friendly but in the end it's a group focused pvp game. It's no more solo friendly than Rift, EQ2, WoW, Wildstar, or most other mmos.

OK - hehe. Can we come back to this several months post launch and see about end game?

All lies, even in endgame i haz can kill DMKano SOLO i haz no need otherz.

• shavashava Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Hi, guys! This is your token female gamer here. Here's how you avoid paying $30 for costume armor in the cash shop.

There are hella cool armor sets to CRAFT. You make them. It takes work. Either to make them, or to make the silver to buy them from the marketplace, or to charm them from a guildy, which the way you whine might be a stretch.

There are rare boss armor sets. They are really rare, hard to upgrade, but look very cool.

There are costumes you can buy from the luxury vendor in game with silver, but you need to have high skill in particular life skills to be able to equip them.

I'd tell you that you could quit whining now, but boy, that never works.

It's a deep, interesting game. If your worst complaint is the high cost of cosmetics (monacle PTSD from Eve? Wtf?) you are really reaching for something to complain about.

This is the B2P model. Buy the game, and frilly bits and conveniences are in the shop. It's been a raging success in the west since LOTRO, it's not an "Asian" thang. I live in Boston, I saw it turn Turbine around.

You not liking it doesn't make it bad. It makes it something that doesn't fit your budget and lifestyle. It's a place in your life you can't torrent something you can't afford. Sucks to be you -- you'll live without the lingerie.

It'd look better on me anyway.
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,035
    There are two things I disliked.
    The prices in the cash shop, obviously, and the gender locked classes.

But the gameplay is something we haven't seen in quite a while now, and I immensely enjoy it, so I invested in the $50 package.

To me, it's Archeage done right.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,313
    DMKano said:

Are you ok?

Not sure what that rant is about - I've played it to 50+ already. 

The previous Korean CBT1 was a far superior game, you didn't change my mind, sorry.
    I am fine how are you?

What level may I ask? 55

So why did you quit? To hard or soft?
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,627
    It does seem many players believed the hype, we have been doing this for over 16 years (if not back then on this site). Will I be able to come back here in ten years time and still see seasoned players who believed the hype?

From what I have read BDO is good at what the devs aimed for and poor at everything else, not really a surprise.

Hopefully I will not see you on the next hype train, but will see you standing in the train waiting room. Calmly assessing what has come out, not games that have not come out/been localised etc.

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,035
    Scot said:
    It does seem many players believed the hype, we have been doing this for over 16 years (if not back then on this site). Will I be able to come back here in ten years time and still see seasoned players who believed the hype?

From what I have read BDO is good at what the devs aimed for and poor at everything else, not really a surprise.

Hopefully I will not see you on the next hype train, but will see you standing in the train waiting room. Calmly assessing what has come out, not games that have not come out/been localised etc.
    Personally, I haven't paid a cent for the game before I actually got beta access.
    I purchased AFTER trying and liking it.

And I bet I'm not the only one here.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• NightHaveNNightHaveN Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    hyutei said:
    disappointed in both the game and Daum as company,the game is badly optimized
    In my machine which has a mainstream (by today's standards) video card managed good frames.  What I noticed is that if I played the game in Full Screen mode it for some reason get heavily penalized, like 1/3 of the frames it do in same size, but running full window instead.  

For reference, have an old ATI HD 7870.  Is R7 370 is the name these days?