Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO Closed Beta Two Ignites the Community - Black Desert Online at MMORPG.com

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Will be giving this one a pass.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    SBFord said:
    That's true, @bentrim -- no game will ever be "all things to all people". There will be a core community that will love the stuffin' out of BDO and that's as it should be. Everyone else will move along and continue the search for the Holy Grail of MMOs. :)
    ...there are more than 2 colours out there.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited February 2016
    Can't forget going have people never will be happy with the game, Sure BDO is not what they wanted it to be for them and yes there a few things that many like to see made better as long we understand that Daum is a business and money is there goal like every other company that are out there. MMO are not cheap being not a instant mmo so does cost pretty penny to keep it going.

The only thing that has bothered me thus far is the REDICULOUS shop prices, I mean over $30 for a costume? Jeesh... 
    Would you mind explaining how $30 is ridiculous? I truly do not understand that concept.

Did you actually mean it is too expensive for you?
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I agree with the article overall. I'm part of the percentage that enjoys the game and will be playing it next week, but I can't say I'm happy about the cash shop prices either.

Unfortunately for Daum, the above, combined with a rather horrid dye system means they won't be getting any extra money from me for the foreseeable future. Well, except maybe for a pet. Those are accessible to all your characters, so they're worth the money IMO.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I like the game and you can't deny that alot of thoughts went into it's details and in how to approach things in a different way. That's why i'm surprised that on the other hand it has some blatant flaws which i would totally not expect from it.

"People always complain about everything" -yes, but if you look at the releases in the past 10 years you will always find a couple of major issues, turn offs or even game breakers with about every title.

I wonder what's so hard about for once doing a cash shop right. Or preparing the servers for the initial rush. Or class/pve/pvp/whatever balance. Or crafting. Or animations. Or...
    With every mmorpg released in the last 10 yrs, the industrie couldn't get some of these things straight and repeated at least some of the "how not to..."s.
    They just keep on releasing game that don't have all the cornerstones and pillars of an MMORPG right and in place.

People will keep on complaining as long as studios and/or publishers refuse to LEARN from the genre's history already and get all MMORPG's baseline features together and in functional condition in one title.

• Zen00Zen00 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    BDO lost me immediately when I started the game and the storyline was pancaked into your face, then you were made special immediately, as well as you just being there with no backstory to define your characters reason or motivations (which I guess I could make up to fill in myself, but...), without anything defining that specialness other than "you resonate" and somehow your character just calmly accepts that suddenly his life is being dictated by some black spirit being with no questions asked.
  • nimander99nimander99 Member UncommonPosts: 288

Gdemami said:

The only thing that has bothered me thus far is the REDICULOUS shop prices, I mean over $30 for a costume? Jeesh... 

Would you mind explaining how $30 is ridiculous? I truly do not understand that concept.

I'm just going to assume you made this comment in good faith and reply in the same manner... So, yes $30 is more than I have ever paid for a costume in a video game. No, it isn't that I can afford it, I have a disposable income but I don't ever want to feel like I've been taken advantage of.

Daum is walking a fine line here... the costumes are multi pieced so you can mix an match costume pieces (if you don't mind spending $100 on 3 costumes) and that does imo raise the value of a costume. Games like ESO charge as much as $25 for a single costume which is only a skin... so $30 isn't that big of a stretch for BDO's costumes.

Hope that clarified my remark.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    edited February 2016
    I'm surprised anyone actually expected this game to be anything more than a temporary time sink. I'm very much looking forward to sinking a couple of months into BDO at the least, while awaiting other upcoming games like CU, but that's it.

Korean games brought to NA have never maintained large enough communities post-launch that could ever be conceived as "the next big thing" like the articles and responses on here keep implying. There's nothing new nor different here that should have anyone's jimmies ruffled, or "on fire" lol. Korean Westernized games always have a hint of p2w and never truly appeal to a wide selection of Western gamers due to obvious interest differences.

Play it for what it is for how long it keeps your interest, not as the next Wow. For as much as the mmo community seems to want the next Wow, deep down the majority of mmo gamers wither away from even the mmo's with potential after the first few months post-launch. Matters not to me for I'll get a couple months of enjoyment with or without all the people complaining.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    edited February 2016
    "costumes can run as high as $32"

I would have a very hard time justifying this. I paid for a costume only once, in Street Gears, I believe it was 5 euros, and I only bought it because the game was F2P and I personally felt I needed to support the developer. The cash shop did not have anything pay2win, no stats or anything.

But BDO, asks player to buy a game, puts items with stats inside the cash shop, and then sells cosmetic items at very high prices.

It is perfectly normal that players are upset.
  • renegeedrenegeed Member UncommonPosts: 55
    After the beta, I decided to go back to FFXIV, BDO simply wasn't worth my 30 euro's, horrible voice acting, poor framerate with terrible pop-in, no thanks, not even a cool combat system could make up for that.

Who knows, if they improve the framerate and pop-in and allow for different voice packs.. then I might reconsider, but they should also look at their cashshop, it's a disaster.
    edited February 2016
    I'm just going to assume you made this comment in good faith and reply in the same manner... So, yes $30 is more than I have ever paid for a costume in a video game. No, it isn't that I can afford it, I have a disposable income but I don't ever want to feel like I've been taken advantage of.

Daum is walking a fine line here... the costumes are multi pieced so you can mix an match costume pieces (if you don't mind spending $100 on 3 costumes) and that does imo raise the value of a costume. Games like ESO charge as much as $25 for a single costume which is only a skin... so $30 isn't that big of a stretch for BDO's costumes.

Hope that clarified my remark.
    Well, you didn't elaborate the "ridiculous" part in any way, you even acknowledged yourself the price is about average. 

Instead, you are adding even more weird statements - "being taken advantage of". How is someone taking an advantage of you by selling something you are not able to afford(willing to pay), probably not even interested in buying at all? 

Does mere existence of luxury goods "take advantage" of you...?

That's mind boggling...
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Gdemami said:

I think spending $30 on a pair of pixel pants is ridiculous because I spend about the same on my real life pants. I'm not much for fashion but I do like my toys. I spent over 40k on my latest motorcycle so I'm not going to criticize someone for spending the $30 on pixel pants.  

I say just bill me the $15 a month and be done with it.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited February 2016
    Can't forget costumes it self don't cost $30 was costumes set that cost that much with a weapon.
    edited February 2016
    laserit said:
    I think spending $30 on a pair of pixel pants is ridiculous because I spend about the same on my real life pants. I'm not much for fashion but I do like my toys. I spent over 40k on my latest motorcycle so I'm not going to criticize someone for spending the $30 on pixel pants.  

You are not going to criticize someone spending $30 on pixel pants, yet you call such spending "ridiculous" and at the same time spending $40k on motorcycle is not ridiculous...? 
    Gdemami said:
    laserit said:

You are not going to criticize someone spending $30 on pixel pants, yet you call such spending "ridiculous"...? 
    That's my opinion and I gave you my reasoning.

I have not and will not judge a person for doing so.  So no... I have not and will not criticize. 

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    If you don't like the game move along.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    laserit said:
    I have not and will not judge a person for doing so.  So no... I have not and will not criticize. 
    Do you understnd the term "criticize"...?
    Gdemami said:
    laserit said:
    Do you understnd the term "criticize"...?
    Example:

You're dumb for spending 40k on a motorcycle. You should spend more on your attire.

• jackwagonjackwagon Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I'm loving the game so far. The fact it doesn't have end game raiding is an added plus for me. I like so many things about the game especially the crafting and breeding. I spent hours making a raft and exploring the islands out in the ocean. People complain about the costume price in a b2p game, but WoW is a sub based game that charges $25 to $30 for mounts. BDO isn't for everyone, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. Some of us love the Sandbox type games and pvp. I've always liked my games to be about the journey and not a rush to end game raiding. I didn't have any performance issues either i had everything turned up running 50-60 fps. That's good enough for me.
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Enjoyed the gameplay with all the different things to do. So many things to learn and refine. Only gripe is the cash shop prices in a B2P game is way overpriced.
  • URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671
    i enjoyed it and will be playing. my only real gripe is with the cash shop...i wont complain about the prices of the costumes just the fact that i think if you purchase one it should be "unlocked" for all your characters not just the one you purchased it for.

edited February 2016
    laserit said:
    Example:

You're dumb for spending 40k on a motorcycle. You should spend more on your attire.
    So how come you are not capable to recognize "that's ridiculous to spent $30 on pixel pants" as criticism?

• HivesHives Member UncommonPosts: 203
    I tried it and it's better than i thought it would be but between the AI being stupid easy and it looks like it's heading the Archeage way, it's not for me. I think people will enjoy it for pvp and for what it is.......... So enjoy!. Nothing gained or lost it was beta.