Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't Decide Please Help :[

Gizm0Gizm0 Member Posts: 14

Hey everyone I'm posting this on these boards as well as on the FFXI boards to get a balanced view.

I can't decide between FFXI or DAoC. Both games interest me and I played the DAoC tutorial and I like it so far. I havn't played FFXI tho but have read forums and the game seems interesting with the dynamic jobs and world. I dont know enough about each game to base an opinion really and need some help on why you think which game is better than the other. I know this is probably a lame @ss topic and to each his own game but I need some facts about each game and why one game is better than the other.

-Thanks for reading

Comments

• BlittzzBlittzz Member Posts: 261
    I would say go with DAoC, 16 races all together, 40 classes (with catacombs) and a really nice and fun community

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

right i second that.
    daoc, if you liked the tutorial you w ould love the higher end game most likely

plus they are opening new servers next month so you can jump in with everyone else

• Gizm0Gizm0 Member Posts: 14

Thanks for the replies!

I dont think I can wait till July 14th to start a character. I think I will start on one of the high population servers like Merlin.

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292

Make sure you figure out in time what class/race/realm you want to be so you don't have to reroll your main character like I've had to.

BTW...

Go Hibernia!

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

-Leader of "The Fighting Irish" in DAoC on Hib/Kay-

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Personally, i really like both FFXI and DAoC. i played both for over a year. However, DAoC has come on strong with Catacombs and the removal of the TOA Expansion as of late, and so i feel DAoC is a stronger game as a whole. I am a huge fan of DAoC's RvR system and that's why it gets my vote.

Joined - July 2004

Removal of ToA expansion? You mean they removed all of the Trials of Atlantis content from all of the servers? I'm kind of confused.

• TansTans Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by Gizm0
    Removal of ToA expansion? You mean they removed all of the Trials of Atlantis content from all of the servers? I'm kind of confused.

He means that the new servers are going to be release without the ToA expansion, while the rest will still have it.

---------------------------------------
    Why are you reading this? This is crap compared to what's above.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    no no no. they are coming out with a couple of servers around the 14th of july that do not have TOA on them. I hear it's bringing alot of the older players back. i, myself will be spending some time on those new servers as well.

Joined - July 2004

• Blingbling2kBlingbling2k Member Posts: 157
    You'd like DAoC better. From what I hear FFXI sucks.

Guild Wars - Rorick Aurlith E/Mo pumped up with the best armor and weapon, has all his skills, and runes. PvP King!

Dark Age of Camelot - Leaton 50 Vampiir - Lamorak - Guild: Magic and Mayhem!

I think the new servers are a good idea. My friend who has been playing since release said Mythic should have no mercy for all the whiny pussies. Is this a good idea on Mythic's part or were they pushed by the whiney community? Was ToA THAT bad to start 2 new servers without it? Would people lose a lot of equipment / skills without ToA? I dont know anything just trying to get some questions answered. I bought DAoC and going to start shortly, can't wait!

- Thanks for reading

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

well daoc got more old and forgotten players to resubscribe by putting these 2 new servers up so i dont see how you can fault them for doing it.

• Professor_PProfessor_P Member Posts: 44

Alot of people thought the artifacts made rvr too silly. That and the buffbot nerf is why I'm moving to the new server Lamerak (sp?)

I have a friend who plays FF11 and I myself am an FF nerd. I have played with his charicters a bunch of times but it just doesn't have the depth that DAoC has. DAoC for the win.