Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

corvascorvas Member UncommonPosts: 151
I like to give my thoughts on the Beta and give some ideas for some changes.

PVE:
- Respawn rate Mobs: 
If you walk around and just roam the streets in PVE, after a while you dont see large groups of mobs anymore, even after a night not playing, those mobs are gone, please put a respawn in for those mobs like "Five O", only way to let these mobs spawn again at this time is 1. make new character or 2. join a friend who still needs to kill him 

- Respawn rate Vanity Items:
If you have looted a dresser or something, you can only loot it again if you make another character and because its account wide your first character will also be able to use it, 
My Question, Why not put a timer of ... lets say a day on it so you can keep looting them but only once a day, also to counter that people grind that spot until they have all the vanity items, make those spots with different loot tables so they only getting certain items from them.

- Lootboxes:
I see that once you opened a lootbox you never ever can open it again on your character, also for this i think it would be a great idea to put a timer of a day on them and also a special loot table so they cant grind them until they get the best gear.

- Sidemissions Replay:
I am missing the option to replay the sidemissions, I did all the missions in the OB and then it was done for me, only thing left was 1 make new character or 2 grind the 2 missions in this area, I like to see an option on the boards to replay those missions again, or at least have those mobs back after reentering the game/area.

- MMO Feeling:
I am missing the MMO feeling while walking around outside the HUB and DZ, I like to see an area or maybe a server which is focused on PVE more then PVP, either make a special DZ with friendly fire OFF and more mobs and/or better mobs roaming around or make the PVE area open like the DZ and Social Hub.

DZ (PVP):

Last only 1 idea i have for the DZ.

- Rouge Enable/Disable Option:
Make Rogue an option you can turn on or off, and if its off your friendly fire is off aswell so you dont go rogue when defending an extraction zone from mobs and a player just moves in your line of site while you just opened up with your LMG or assault rifle making you rogue for a misstake another player made (and this happens alot if those areas are too crowded), make a 10 min timer till you can disable or again enable it and ONLY if they dont have a Rouge timer active. So now they have a skull and timer above them, but with this option they only have the skull with no timer if they didnt killed anyone and the skull and timer changes the same as now.

Comments

• caveogre72caveogre72 Member UncommonPosts: 30

I disagree with some of it.

The PVE instancing is perfect for this game, its supposed to feel Desolate, deserted, feeling like a breakdown of civilization. Want more interaction? Group.

Hubs are the social centers.

the DZ is ok as is, I don't see a perfect solution for this, as players will find a way to work around or exploit things.  Such as making you go rogue by shooting your turret on purpose, moving in front of you while you are obviously shooting at something else.

the designed solution, GROUP  - you cannot shoot group members in the DZ.

I did see 2 groups go rogue on each other and it was a full on battle.  I stayed an observer just because I didn't know who started it :)   But you could tell from the death msg's that there was some revenge killing going on.

I'm betting once live, you will NOT want to roam solo in the DZ like ppl did in beta.  There was a mutual feeling for most ppl that " hey, I'm just here to explore" Once live, I am betting it's every man ( group) for themselves.

I DO agree on respawns. And maybe it was because its just beta still?

Even in the DZ it was "mob" empty, and everyone kept the spawns killed off.  And the lockboxes ( chests)

were almost never available.  It's not enough that you have to have a key and be able to hang on to that key, but they put "spawn" timers on the things? Think I opened 2 lockboxes all weekend.  I had up to 8 keys at one point, I know another guy had 15. and we couldn't use them.

But like any MMO grouping makes it better, and it does here as well.  I'm sure there will be content that can't be solo'd once it goes live.

I posted somewhere else, I think a big improvement would be more information and support for the game, lots of commands/settings/etc have to be figured out or asked about,  like the /FPS spam we all saw.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    There is a way to reset encounters and side missions by talking to the lady in the base and the lady in the base where you start.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
     Mob respawn rate will probably be tweaked a bit,  but mostly, respawning happens when you log in and out of the game, or zone out.  You'll usually find mobs have come back after you do this.

Some lootable containers never let you loot them again,  which kind of makes sense, as you don't want to just sit there one day and wait for the timer to loot the same container over and over and get loot.  Even zoning in to a matchmaking instance will still not allow you to loot those containers.  

However,  if you pay attention, helping civilians on the streets by giving them stuff will give you plenty of clothing and/or gear options.  If you just keep an eye out and don't run by them you'll get way more appearance options.

DZ boxes... I didn't have a problem finding those... I must have opened about 10 - 15 of them total throughout my playtime, and I still ended up with over 15 DZ keys.  I spent a good portion of my time treasure hunting though.  You really just need to know where to look, and its not hard as they pop up on your map if you're watching closely.

I do hope they open up some open world PvE areas... that would definitely help with that MMO feeling.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    They do need to look into the PvE player count.  As I see it right now, even though the UI is great, the combat is solid and the graphics are nice.. I don't think it has enough to stand out as a single player title or a multiplayer title.  There are just much better options for both.  That's why I think they need to add a 6-8 player cap in solo areas, as well as PvE zones, such as the DZ.  But without the PvP, obviously.

One of the biggest gripes about this game is going to be how boring it's going to be to level up.  And believe it or not, not everyone has a ton of friends to play with. 
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    DAS1337 said:
    They do need to look into the PvE player count.  As I see it right now, even though the UI is great, the combat is solid and the graphics are nice.. I don't think it has enough to stand out as a single player title or a multiplayer title.  There are just much better options for both.  That's why I think they need to add a 6-8 player cap in solo areas, as well as PvE zones, such as the DZ.  But without the PvP, obviously.

One of the biggest gripes about this game is going to be how boring it's going to be to level up.  And believe it or not, not everyone has a ton of friends to play with. 
    Well.. I do agree there. One thing I think they did very well is the matchmaking system.  I tried it for the first time in open beta.. I zoned into an area with one other person and more joined in the middle of the hard level mission we were doing.  By the end of the mission we had a full group, but I decided to drop and play with friends instead.  I just wanted to test it.

In that regard, I think they did well... when you want to group, you easily can drop into someone elses game and play with them in PvE.  While I'd still like to be in a large open world with others, I think - especially for beta - it was a bad idea.  But in the live game when you have a larger space.. and potentially more enemies.. yeah I believe they can open up at least a few areas for more PvE player characters around.