Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Chatsystem

rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
Hello people,

the decision to change the engine, was very good.
All people following the bigger picture of The Repopulation, are very happy about that, what we see :)
It will take more time and we are good with that.

To make the game even more outstanding, give it a real chat system.
Take a bit of time, download Anarchy Online and evaluate the chatsystem !!!

Its based on IRC it seems, and it has awesome abilities.
Scripting, bots, families, channels, endless posibilities that you want have in the game.

The new development grants you room, to make it good :)

... just a suggestion :)

Cheers, Raw ^^

Comments

• HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    edited February 2016
    Bots, really? Just curious, what would do with chat bots in a game like this?
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    you can have greetings for users in login, you can add complete databases of informations, users can have login and logoff texts, you can communicate with outside programs to for example calculate total online time or whatever you want.

you need to see it but after i stopped AO, i only saw really bad chatsystems.
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Wow, ok, I see. That's interesting.

I agree it often gets neglected. I'm not sure a system as deep is required in all games, but they sure should have a minimal level of depth for any of the community tools.
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    The protocoll must be something like IRC standarts, somewhat tweaked to the games needs.

Heres some overview about chatbots
    http://wiki.aodb.us/wiki/Bots

The IRC protocol even lets you login to the chatserver INGAME from a IRC client :)
    That system behind is outstanding.

I dont say, copy it, but see it for yourself and get inspired xD