Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Awesome Star Citizen Video - just awesome.

13»

Comments

• SmartySmartSmartySmart Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Adjuvant1 said:

So I have insulted your intellect? Nice :)

Yeh, and you're doing it more.

I can see that in your aggressive wording.

No. SQ42 is also affected by the increased scope. More money, more resources, more ways to approach the initial goal and expand it (detail, lore, gameplay mechanics, etc.). Furthermore SC and SQ42 use the same tech and as SC expanded its scope, SQ42 was also affected by it. 

Actually, it's been discussed SQ42 and SC will have very different coding for ship maneuverability, and, well, alot of things. Do you follow this game at all?

Not as manic as you maybe. Your argument does not refute the fact that SQ42 is affected by increased scope.

READ IT AGAIN... SLOWLY ;)

Ok. I did. You were mistaken the first time. Now you're just brazenly wrong.

Opinion

So CR is lying when he says that 2.2 comes out in 3 weeks and it does not? Did you miss the part when he says (always) that this is not promised and he HOPES that it will be ready by then? He openly admitted that he is not so good in promising dates and delivering. He admitted it. That is not lying. 

We were told there will be monthly updates, whether they're feature-complete or otherwise. 2.2 was for January, and that's why it's 3 weeks late. I guess that means February's will be sometime in April, and so on. Again, do you even know the game about which you're speaking? This is Star Citizen, from CIG, not "Hallucination in SmartySmart Land: Adventure Island".

It still is February, is it? Getting hostile? You exaggerate now even if we for sure had to wait or still wait for some content.

Oh no he is not the man I think he is? Yes I do not know him personally...
    Well, it's good you admit you don't know him. I'd have preferred you admitted you didn't know jack else, but a little honesty goes a ways...

Calm down. Seems I struck a nerve, did I?

Overall he is quite a nice guy. Believe me. You might not like him but that does not make him a bad person. But that is up to your own personality I know very little about.

People who are habitually, chronically late are not "nice people". They have little respect for others and little respect for themselves. You're standing up for a guy who's right now "hiding out" in Frankfurt, while you step to the plate for him. If you weren't so tragically wrong, I'd say it would earn you marks in some afterlife. As it is, it amounts to a vomitous pile of fail.

That is generalization. What has this to do with having no respect when he admits being late and bad at promising? I know some people who often are late but overall very nice and honest. They just have bad time management. Most of them excuse for being late. And a few are as you describe... I give you that... but their overall attitude is also not that great.

You try to prove me tragically wrong when I have been wrong in maybe little details. Please stay polite and to the facts.

Also stating several times how tragically wrong I am does not make it true... Argumentum ad nauseam. 

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    edited February 2016
    Not going round and round with you. Here I'm giving the benefit of the doubt you're not intentionally being obtuse.

Not as manic as you maybe. Your argument does not refute the fact that SQ42 is affected by increased scope.

There's not much more to argue in a single player/possible co-op. There's none of the list of stretch goals needed, so it's basically mocap, a handful of point a to point b and shoot-em-up. If the flight physics and weapons are not intended to be specifically emulative of the finished SC mmo "quality", then I don't know what you could possibly be arguing is involved or affected by the addition of the stretch goals. You're not going to come up with an answer otherwise, so the point is moot.

What has this to do with having no respect when he admits being late and bad at promising?

When did he do this? Hmm, rhymes with ever... feather... lever... He didn't do it.

edit: You know what makes me mad about this, specifically? What he did say was something to the effect that "he wished he'd been more clear", leaving it up in the air as if thousands of people had just misinterpreted his words. That made me pretty angry, when instead of admitting fault, saying he'd do better, he basically said, either "you just don't get it" or "you didn't hear me right", like it's everyone's collective fault.

I ask myself when participating in such discussions what is so special about CR, CIG and SC? Yes the whole thing is crowd funded and has open development. When putting these two things aside what else is left?

It's nothing else than the whole thing with XBox vs PS or Apple vs Samsung or any other rivaling situation. You can call fans of named examples also religious cultist like people who defend their product. Even WOW player therefor are cultists considering the amount of times invested in it by MMO fans... therefor you can say that every passionate MMO player is a cultist somehow.

What has CR really done to you? The older ones of us might know his past and his known talent be it positive or negative like having created some pretty nice space games but also being late on his promises and also overpromising but not underperforming overly bad (i.e. WC movie).

@Adjutant1 ;

It seems we have a different perception on when/if CR admitted being late on promises. I remember for example where he presented Erin as new Global Lead and they both sat together and talked about being late. Your example from his past talking about being late is also a concession in my POV. But here we are again with how perception works. 

Also what he said is that people without the proper experience in game development play armchair developer. Nothing wrong with that because it is correct... Like this 

http://www.codingwisdom.com/codingwisdom/2013/03/armchair-game-designers-piss-me-off.html

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Brenics said:
    Therefore you can clearly see that CR is a by far more honest than that other guy.
    You can't say either one is honest or dishonest because you like me do not personally know either CR or DS. But from the day CR returned DS money without being asked and attacked him for stating big problems with the game shows less than honesty. 
    Brenics said:
    Therefore you can clearly see that CR is a by far more honest than that other guy.
    You can't say either one is honest or dishonest because you like me do not personally know either CR or DS. But from the day CR returned DS money without being asked and attacked him for stating big problems with the game shows less than honesty. 
    Sorry Brenics but this shows me how uninformed you are. I read the forums before the refund and you could clearly see the uproar he started. The forum became toxic in a very short amount of time... and there was no real reason to. Critic was always there and more during times when there was no new content but that was something completely different. 

What he did is part of social hacking and his hostile takeover attempt. And no this is no stupid talk. As I stated so many times: I know his past, his "legacy". 

What at is so dishonest in refunding a toxic person who has an agenda (promoting LOD, attempted uproar with the goal of becoming a consultant and then doing his social hacking tactics).

I am a little bit worried that you can not see this. Go in my post history and read a bit what brought me here. Just do your research on DS. Go over to Reddit and dig out the real infos about him and ignore the dedication others have for him. Read the old Google user groups. Just watch Kate Clicks parody about him. 

I do do not hate him but I do not like his intentions.

Or maybe your just trolling me.
    So you disagree yet also agree how this all started because CR and others didn't like the questions and complaints DS was posting about the non-game? So like always it seems you are once again putting all blame on DS! If his posts back then weren't true can you please post those threads so we can see what you are exactly blaming on DS? 

Asking questions and pointing out big time flaws with CR's development of this game would not be trolling. Amazing you guys can't direct any blame to the great CR. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• BigRamboBigRambo Member UncommonPosts: 191
    See, is it so hard to ask for a nice video on this game?  RSI should hire this person on the spot.  If we'd get news such as this every time on Star Citizen instead of the pathetic "ship packs $$$" I'd bash the game a whole lot less and it would make the game look a lot less stupid.   ;)
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Brenics said:

So you disagree yet also agree how this all started because CR and others didn't like the questions and complaints DS was posting about the non-game? So like always it seems you are once again putting all blame on DS! If his posts back then weren't true can you please post those threads so we can see what you are exactly blaming on DS? 

Asking questions and pointing out big time flaws with CR's development of this game would not be trolling. Amazing you guys can't direct any blame to the great CR. 

Why is it that you believe that CR has so much to do with the development of this game, anyway? If this was a team of, say, 15 people, then he may have more involvement. However, it's not, and it's highly unlikely that CR is dictating anything about how the game is physically being made, at this point. I would doubt he's even directing the Managers. He may have a couple of people reporting to him, that's it. His impact will likely be that of communicating his vision for the game to his management team and conducting quarterly progress reports. 

Also, to be fair, when attacks, similar to that being used against CIG staff, were directed at DS' company, he immediately called for a stop to it and that it was unnecessary and that they have families that they're working to support, etc., etc., etc. He even went as far as getting people banned from various social network sites for their attacks against his staff. However, CR and his staff of 250 people, with 250 families being supported, deserve abuse? Why? LOD was in development before SC, it's in a worse state than SC and yet it's immune to criticism? 

Sorry, but you act as though you're objective in your arguments but, in reality, your only interest is in attacking CR, specifically, for whatever reason. The reason DS comes up is because he's hypocritical. He points out completely valid challenges with SC, there's no denying that. However, then he continues his crusade against the SC for what I can only assume to be completely nefarious reasons. You could even make the argument that he spends more time arguing about SC than he does working to improve his own game. 

Honestly, I don't know how you actually believe that DS is somehow a moral compass. Honestly, his actions in his past are completely reprehensible and is characteristic of why he's so infamous. You continually talk about how people worship CR, but you're no better the way you defend DS like he some sort of messiah. He's not well know for his skills in game development, but he's managed to create a name for himself by being horrible in his field and starting arguments on the Internet. Essentially he's the worst game developer and best troll of all time. Urban Dictionary said so. However, if you care to do some additional research, which I'm sure you don't, there is plenty of nasty stuff you can find out there. 

TLDR DS is worse than CR so wtf are you talking about and why do you continually scream at the CR followers from your DS church?

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

edited February 2016
    Brenics said:
    Brenics said:
    Brenics said:
    Sorry Brenics but this shows me how uninformed you are. I read the forums before the refund and you could clearly see the uproar he started. The forum became toxic in a very short amount of time... and there was no real reason to. Critic was always there and more during times when there was no new content but that was something completely different. 

What he did is part of social hacking and his hostile takeover attempt. And no this is no stupid talk. As I stated so many times: I know his past, his "legacy". 

What at is so dishonest in refunding a toxic person who has an agenda (promoting LOD, attempted uproar with the goal of becoming a consultant and then doing his social hacking tactics).

I am a little bit worried that you can not see this. Go in my post history and read a bit what brought me here. Just do your research on DS. Go over to Reddit and dig out the real infos about him and ignore the dedication others have for him. Read the old Google user groups. Just watch Kate Clicks parody about him. 

I do do not hate him but I do not like his intentions.

Or maybe your just trolling me.

Like DS likes to say: Have you read what I said? Read it again... slowly.

I stated several times that criticism against SC is totally legit in some points. But DS intentions are completely ignored by you. Please.... really PLEASE do some research about him. People offered several sources where to do that,

Also most of the flaws called out by some people are coherent to their lack of knowledge about game development. Most criticism wouldn't be there if SC would be developed like a normal developer/publisher game due to not being open developed. 

But once you push something into the open, everyone seems to know it better independent of their knowledge about it.

its like watching a sports game on tv... sitting on the couch you call the coach or players out for not doing it right. Or like "Who wants to be a millionaire"... sitting on the couch you facepalm due to some easy questions and the wrong answers... but if you would sit on that chair you would realize that this is something different when you are in the spotlight.

And again... there are valid concerns but nothing in my opinion to justify painting the devil on the wall. 

Also: What is a game? Tell me? Wasn't the old snake game on mobile phones a game being simplistic as it was? Yes there is no whole game yet... because it is being developed. PERIOD. THE END

Also 90 days... or 2 weeks... :)
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    I don't think DS is right or wrong in this. But to every point directed at SC or CR all you guys have for a come back is DS. SM is thrown out and CR attacks that SM is already in the concept demo of SC. But yep that is DS fault. CR attacks a gaming site and yep it's DS fault. I can see soon they have to cut back big because they are running low on cash, yep that will be DS fault.

I mean what side is putting a halo on CR, I know none of us are putting a halo on DS. 

Now you say who says CR is in charge? So who is making all these bad decisions? Oh wait I know DS is. Wow DS is such a bad developer he can ruin SC coding with just his thoughts I guess. 

So here we are:

Blame game:

DS fault.
    CR not in charge, let's blame DS.
    Urban Dictionary says bad things about DS, his fault. (LOL not like that site is credible).
    DS posted problems with SC, CR sends him money back with not asking for it. DS fault!
    DS posts threads how bad development is going and shows things can't be done. Yep DS fault.
    Anyone questions CR motives and brings up problems with SC, SM, ect, yep DS fault.

Blaming DS is really getting old. But I realize that is all you guys have.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited February 2016
    Brenics said:

This entire ongoing fight is getting old... it's all essentially one perpetual argument in every thread that goes no where, regardless of the topic being related to it or not. Everyone gets it they f'd up with their kickstarter... SO nice video huh?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• warsaber1375warsaber1375 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Distopia said:
    Brenics said:

This entire ongoing fight is getting old... it's all essentially one perpetual argument in every thread that goes no where, regardless of the topic being related to it or not. Everyone gets it they f'd up with their kickstarter... SO nice video huh?
      Oh man thanks for reminding me, yea it is a nice video, phew sry i read to far in the comments an nearly forgot what this post was about. lol
  • Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    edited February 2016
    Distopia said:
    Brenics said:

That's something else I wanted to add, I could care less who DS or about CR. I don't get where all this in fighting between two individuals has anything to do with the development of the game. I always tend to nod off and bow out when they start being the core of arguments because everyone seems to have a different take on how things wend down between them. Gonna go ahead and bow out because just as Adjuvant1 mentioned in earlier posts I have not kept up with the game so I have little to discuss here. Just had to add to the stack of "SA" or "DS" comments because I'm a heretic for thinking that this game will never come out.

In all honesty take my thoughts with a grain of salt but I have a feeling the scope of this project was blown out of such proportion intentionally and players will simply be sold ships as long as they will buy them for their sci-fi space garage simulator. Once again not a programmer or coder by any means but ive lost count the amount of times there's been confusion on why the cryengine is being used for a project of this type and scope. Wouldn't be surprised if this "Hidden true project" is about 10% of what was promised due to engine limitations uncontrollable snags in development. Some come another 2-3 years we may still see a game, but whats to say its remotely what was promised. Another thing I tend to see is CR and dreamer put in the same sentence.I don't think i'd like that a whole lot as a backer ;x

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Nice video I guess. Still dont believe its a real game though.

In short, "delays are inevitable, you just don't understand software development", but, "the people developing the game, who apparently do know software development and should adjust approximations thusly, still badly miss projected release parameters".

So, to the argument, "these things take time", apparently you should be telling that to the people flapping gums at CIG.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I'm confused, is this the thread with the nice video? 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Its funny how every SC thread turns into a battlefield lol.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

Many people, over the last 2 months, have been making voice-over SC tech demo videos for youtube hits. One is as good as another. To cite one over the myriad of others is only to garner hits for a specific author. In my opinion it relates a gross misrepresentation of the state of the project as a whole.

It's not as if the op was unaware of this. In reply, op made reference to past conversations and the participants therein. Op jumped, feet-first, into an obvious fray, and no amount of coy act or innocent posturing is going to make me believe other than the intent of political wrangling. If she didn't mean for an argument, she could have kept it in her almost-popular blog, and especially forgone the dismissive/denigratory terms as "trolling" and "certain individuals".
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Brenics said:
    I don't think DS is right or wrong in this. But to every point directed at SC or CR all you guys have for a come back is DS. SM is thrown out and CR attacks that SM is already in the concept demo of SC. But yep that is DS fault. CR attacks a gaming site and yep it's DS fault. I can see soon they have to cut back big because they are running low on cash, yep that will be DS fault.

I mean what side is putting a halo on CR, I know none of us are putting a halo on DS. 

Now you say who says CR is in charge? So who is making all these bad decisions? Oh wait I know DS is. Wow DS is such a bad developer he can ruin SC coding with just his thoughts I guess. 

So here we are:

Blame game:

DS fault.
    Urban Dictionary says bad things about DS, his fault. (LOL not like that site is credible).
    DS posted problems with SC, CR sends him money back with not asking for it. DS fault!
    DS posts threads how bad development is going and shows things can't be done. Yep DS fault.
    Anyone questions CR motives and brings up problems with SC, SM, ect, yep DS fault.

That's just completely fictional. As someone once said, the longer a conversation RE: SC goes on, the chance of a mention of DS approaches 1. However, I'd go as far as to say that the chance of CR being mentioned negatively in an SC thread approaches 1 at a much quicker rate. Now, if the thread had BEEN about CR that might be different..... but it wasn't. So how did we arrive here? 

I don't know where DS was attacked as being the reason for SM being thrown out. However, if you believe that SM being left in was a good idea, then you're off your rocker. Again, not CUT entirely, delayed until they've released something. Much more sensible development practice. 

Again, putting words in my mouth to suit your own agenda. I cannot comment on CR being a good or bad manager. However, my comment is simply that CR is likely so far removed from the process of developing the physical product that he has no greater impact on it than his wife. He might communicate the vision, but that's about it. If that's not the case, it's like why it's messy. He simply cannot be hands-on, nor should he be. 

As far as DS goes. I LITERALLY just said DS made valid points in the beginning, then you ignore than and say that I'm saying everything is DS' fault, which actually shows how poorly you listen to what others are saying. You simply believe what you'd like to believe. 

As far as DS being an upstanding person, you go ahead and google him. He has a well documented past of being a supreme asshole. So, again, as long as we're making religious analogies, you seem to be about as objective as a religious person. You're always right because it's what was written in your book, which is obviously correct. Then you scream at other people for believing something else that might not agree with you, give them cute, derogatory names and then take offence whenever anyone points out the flaws of your own beliefs, probably put on your white masks and go hang them from a stake somewhere, burn them alive, would be my guess. Honestly, it's essentially two religions arguing back and forth. You can deny that all you want, but if you think you're objective, you're just lying to yourself. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Really nice video.  Why were there so few people and will there be lag problems when you have hundreds of pilots doing there thing?  What keeps others from taking or destroying my ship when it's floating like that in space?  Again it was a nice video but the first thing I thought of was those car commercials that say, "Don't try this at home, professional driver on a closed course."

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Give me a break, anyone can make a video these days with all the software out there.  Anyone getting excited over this needs to stop being so naive and realize is just a marketing tool which shows little representation over what the game will really be.

So hold your silly awesomes for when the game does release and you have actual videos from the game.

Right now it is still a excellent bet this game will never release in any shape or form to what was promised.
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Nice video!

Brenics said:
    I don't think DS is right or wrong in this. But to every point directed at SC or CR all you guys have for a come back is DS. SM is thrown out and CR attacks that SM is already in the concept demo of SC. But yep that is DS fault.

Who said it was DS fault? I wasn't that happy that CR explained the SM abstinence with his PU/FPS argument. He is correct to some point but his answer was not satisfying.

CR attacks a gaming site and yep it's DS fault. I can see soon they have to cut back big because they are running low on cash, yep that will be DS fault.

Who attacked first? LF the author of two SC articles in The Escapist did a poor job and was tricked by DS argumentation. Once again... please inform yourself about the whole SC/Escapist fiasco. As we who informed themselves know now, the article was unfair/biased and journalistically had many flaws like the "confirmed" sources.

I do not put a halo on his head but I like his vision and what he is trying to achieve. That's why I backed a small amount.

So here we are:

Blame game:

DS fault.

What fault? Doing social hacking and poisoning the forums? Try to have a discussion with him and you will he how it always ends (just look at the steam forum of LOD).

What kind of argumentation is that? Of course CR is in charge but you seem to miss what CrazKanuk wrote and tried to explain to you. I blame DS for stirring up people to win them for his cause... Initiating an investigation so he can install himself as consultant. I have to repeat myself: Look up Alganon/QuestOnline and Star Treck Online discussion boards. That's his thing.

Yes his fault... UD is exaggerating as it is (because that's what it does) but these things still happened. 

Wrong. Please educate yourself what really happened.

DS was wrong as now proven many many times. He said procedural tech is years away -> From pupil to planet proved him wrong. He said SC alpha is not possible, we know better now. And so on and on

In fact none is DS fault (but his past and what we know about him and his true intentions). No one here really said that DS is responsible for any of SC's "problems" ("" because these problems are nothing special in game dev and considering the scope). He is responsible for a lot of hate against SC as can be seen by used arguments/wording/attitude of hardcore SC critics/haters. Same language.

His propaganda tactics are still strong. Just look at his Twitter... 80% anti SC, 10% LOD promotion and 10% usual Twitter usage. Who is acting like a fanatic?

I'm not so dedicated as the guys over r/DerekSmart but I still hope to show people his true face. 

You think that is all we have? Good... continue underestimating SC fans/cultists/white knights/supporters/backers. You like to disregard info and sources others here tried to give you.
    Also... Yes the video is really nice. I like the creativity of such people. I've seen a bunch of well made to fantastic fan vids of SC which show true passion and some nice skill. Some are better than things CIG has given us :) 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    WTF? Does SC just need 1 single thread? Why does SC get to have dozens of different threads to continue the same discussion when every other game's repeat threads get shut down?
  • VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    Closing this thread since it got VERY off topic from the video originally posted.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.