Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall loses game designer!

BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
Not sure if this is good or bad for the game. At least he is departing in good standing all around. 

http://massivelyop.com/2016/02/19/crowfall-loses-game-designer-tully-ackland/
I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Comments

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    He then retweeted a promotion for SWTOR so it seems like he is going back to SWTOR!
  • TigsKCTigsKC Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Tully leaving is a major loss.  I will not say it is devastating, but he was a key cog.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    He got a real job.
  • FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    Right after this sad news, we learned that 6 other developers quit recently. Hopefully everything is going well for them and they'll be back soon. =(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    Oh wow! I feel bad for those who have invested their money in this. One person leaving hopefully does not hurt the games release or development. Though @Franciscourant ; has stated 6 other people as well? Money issues maybe? I hope not
    Pretty sure it's not related to money. ACE said they won't give details about their departure, but my guess is that they completed the tasks they were hired for (at least for now, who knows maybe they'll come back later). Those developers are extremely talented and they've been around since the beginning, it sucks to see them leaving, but there are 3-4 new people that got hired recently so hopefully they do a great job too!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    edited February 2016
    In many projects you hire the top expensive guys only for a period to take on a crucial role. I have no idea about Crowfall though, but you know sometimes it's mathematically possible the worst hasn't happened! ;)
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Oh wow! I feel bad for those who have invested their money in this. One person leaving hopefully does not hurt the games release or development. Though @Franciscourant ; has stated 6 other people as well? Money issues maybe? I hope not

Sigh not uncommon..... I work in this field and being a UI designer, for games, when my work is done, I move on... So again not uncommon for many fields in the gaming industry...So we have seen this for years and years and yet people spread false rumors, OMG the company is doomed..!~!  Please get real..
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Pretty sure it's not related to money. ACE said they won't give details about their departure, but my guess is that they completed the tasks they were hired for (at least for now, who knows maybe they'll come back later). Those developers are extremely talented and they've been around since the beginning, it sucks to see them leaving, but there are 3-4 new people that got hired recently so hopefully they do a great job too!
    Well that sounds to be a little better and more in line with how game companies seem to work. Contract people in and they leave after their part is done. So perhaps not such bad news.
    Yup, this is very common, I do this all the time. for games and different companies..  Smaller companies can be even more at times... AAA depends what your doing, can be even more as well, being a UI designer, programmer, when I run out of work, I move on, since I do alot of contract work..
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    No no no disaster!!! Its all going to hell! This must prove that the project is out of money and on its last legs or was a scam in the first lace started by a Nigerian General, or something right? ....... Oh wait a minute it couldn't possibly just be the regular ebb and churn of the gaming development industry could it? Nah has to be a portent of doom.

THE END IS NIGH!!!!!!!  *runs screaming into the night*

I'm not sure if Brenics posts anything about a game that doesn't have a negative overtone about it, some people thrive on that stuff I guess.  I prefer to mostly make fun of people so not sure if I'm any better.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Good talent doesn't come cheap and a lot of these guys move around from project to project to fulfill certain conditions.  Therefore, you don't keep an expensive developer around when the work they've done is finished.

There's a good chance that the job this 6-7 man team was hired for has been completed.

There's also a chance that the sky is falling down at the studio and everyone is bailing.

I guess we'll find out soon.
  • OnecrazyguyOnecrazyguy Member UncommonPosts: 99
    In many projects you hire the top expensive guys only for a period to take on a crucial role. I have no idea about Crowfall though, but you know sometimes it's mathematically possible the worst hasn't happened! ;)

Umm, not for a role like lead designer... You don't hire those guys and then let them leave mid-way through the game dev cycle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다