Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ships are going to fall apart over time and you need to re-buy them?

1235»

Comments

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited February 2016
    Distopia said:
    CrazKanuk said:

One thing I will never do is argue against fact, and run away when it is pointed out to me.  If that is, in fact, the truth then I will concede the point to you and others reiterating the same. 
    This will be the last time I ever respond to one of your posts, I wasn't running away from this debate I'd gladly continue it with anyone else, even the OP...

But you oh you...We've had far too many circular arguments to ever want to have another . Add in the fact that you feel it's fact that you know another's motivation to purchase anything, it's a clear waste of time...  as usual it would go no where.

Really?  To my mind, you are barely recognizable.  But don't take it personal. I am just not one to target or attach names to a post.  I debate the messages in a post, not the poster.  That said, I am good with whatever brings you relief.  This is a hobby for me, I don't take it personal.  It's not that serious. Peace. 
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    You have no idea really what he meant.

My thought is it would be where you had to take the shop to an in-game repair platform and pay in-game gold to have it repaired.  There is no way they will mean the money you spent will be lost.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    edited February 2016
    scorpex-x said:

My thought is it would be where you had to take the shop to an in-game repair platform and pay in-game gold to have it repaired.  There is no way they will mean the money you spent will be lost.
    It would certainly bring about a new definition of challenging for people to debate around here... "oh yeah dying in your old game cost you substantial xp? Well dying in my new game cost me $2,000 in US currency.." Can't get much more hardcore than that :)

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    edited February 2016
    Distopia said:
    scorpex-x said:

It would certainly bring about a new definition of challenging for people to debate around here... "oh yeah dying in your old game cost you substantial xp? Well dying in my new game cost me $2,000 in US currency.." Can't get much more hardcore than that :)
    Surely would add to the list of "never done before" features of Star Citizen. 

:awesome: 

Yes, as with so many other dreams of Chris Roberts they are just dreams and not realized fully yet. They are also always subject to change, like Star Marine for example. So we just have to wait and see how he implements this decay and repair feature.

What we know from various sources is:

1. There will be HP for everything. It can be repaired right on the spot.
    2. There will be durability that gets reduced over time or when things lose HP.
    3. There will be new versions of ships available just like with cars. The new "Starfarer model 2021" for example.

We don't know how these will be implemented and if your ship eventually needs to be replaced with a newer model. Maybe it is not required but possibly you forced to upgrade to the newer model if you want to compete on an even level.

Have faith!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Distopia said:
    scorpex-x said:

Surely would add to the list of "never done before" features of Star Citizen. 

:awesome: 

Yes, as with so many other dreams of Chris Roberts they are just dreams and not realized fully yet. They are also always subject to change, like Star Marine for example. So we just have to wait and see how he implements this decay and repair feature.

What we know from various sources is:

1. There will be HP for everything. It can be repaired right on the spot.
    2. There will be durability that gets reduced over time or when things lose HP.
    3. There will be new versions of ships available just like with cars. The new "Starfarer model 2021" for example.

We don't know how these will be implemented and if your ship eventually needs to be replaced with a newer model. Maybe it is not required but possibly you forced to upgrade to the newer model if you want to compete on an even level,...... buuuuuut, I'm just speculating so who really knows. 

Have faith!

There, I just appended to the end of your sentence. You're right. Actually, for all we know my character could start shooting rainbows out of his ass, my ship could be powered by dreams, and my luck could be directly proportionate to my positivity towards SC. You're essentially throwing around hypothetical scenarios like they're fact. The reality is that it's probably going to be much less insidious that what people make it out to be. Shoot, I've seen people begging for repair money in WoW. I've never had an issue with in-game gold, but I guess some people do. If that renders them useless until their panhandling works out, I guess that's how it is.

However, once again, people take things to the extreme and believe that the situation will be in the extreme where they reside, opposed to somewhere in the middle. Abandon all ye hope! Extremists abound! 

In all honesty, we know that in-app purchases are fuelled by the minority, not the majority. We know whales represent less than 1% of the typical game population. So it's highly unlikely that mechanics would be put into place which require someone to dump in $25 a month in order to replace ships or integral parts of ships when they break. It's likely that these parts COULD be purchased for real money, but it's also likely they will be available for in-game currency for a reasonable rate. After all, a game full of whales isn't any fun for whales and completely defeats the purpose of being a whale. 

SO! Logically speaking, it's not advantageous for them to force people down the avenue of having to replace ships frequently. It doesn't work. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------