Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[VIDEO] - Goon Patrol now in Star Citizen! [UPDATED]

MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
edited February 2016 in Star Citizen
Enjoy these great game-play Videos.

Landing Succsfl:

Goon Patrol:

Have faith!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
- Michael Bitton
Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
- SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Post edited by MrSnuffles on

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Is that real footage from the game ? Some parts of it look like cardboard. Was that landing where they knocked off the other craft off an accident or PvP.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Toxic_RevengerToxic_Revenger Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Well if the Goons being involved doesn't legitimize this game then I don't know what will.

“Not even Jove can please all, whether he rains or does not rain.”

—Theognis

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    edited February 2016
    I will never understand why being an annoying, disrespectful, rude, antisocial dick is celebrated online other than they don't have to stand in front of someone and get what they deserve while doing so. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Well you knew they were going to show up eventually, will be interesting to see what sort of impact they'll have in the game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited February 2016
    cheyane said:
    Is that real footage from the game ? Some parts of it look like cardboard. Was that landing where they knocdked off the other craft off an accident or PvP.
    Those aren't accidents and this is the sort of "emergent" gameplay Goons will bring to SC.

If there is a way to grief other players, they'll find it and employ it regularly.

Spoiling your fun is their mission, but they do it with style.

Have Fun!

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    slow motion laggy bumper cars,yep looks like some realistic space sim ..lol.
    I hope Goon squad has a 100k players and takes over the game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Wizardry said:
    slow motion laggy bumper cars,yep looks like some realistic space sim ..lol.
    I hope Goon squad has a 100k players and takes over the game.

One of there leaders from Eve Captain Underpants said that about 3k are coming over to SC.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited February 2016
    Kyleran said:
    Those aren't accidents and this is the sort of "emergent" gameplay Goons will bring to SC.

If there is a way to grief other players, they'll find it and employ it regularly.
    Better to find it now in Alpha and Beta testing than after launch. CIG already stated that they look with interest at the way people exploit the system, so they can patch the loopholes for the final version of the game.

Keep in mind that the police and bounty system is not activated yet in the Alpha. Like in EVE a lot of griefers would be killed by the advocacy police ships before doing any lasting damage. The permadeath system will also make suicide zerging a lot more laborous process.

Shooting from outside the no-fire zone should be no problem ... extended the zone beyond weapon range and/or use shields around the station.

Ramming other ships .... put up shield barriers between landing pads and/or harshly treat any misbehaviour with station laser fire on the landing area (if someone is playing Elite:Dangerous, they may know this ... the station controllers are a no-nonsense lot and kill off anyone fooling around over the wrong landing pad, destroying ships with extreme prejudice after a short while.... that includes loitering over the landing pads).

As everyone has an unlimited number of new ships they can get for free from the Port ship dispenser, everyone can blow up ships to their hearts content in Alpha 2.1   :-)

The Goons have been in the SC campaign for years now (late 2013/early 2014 at least). Some have been creative (see the video below ... hat off to the Independence War fan that adapted this for SC).

Recently its more the dregs from the somethingawful.com community (that spawned the Goons many years ago) that are practising their usual predictable propaganda metagaming on Star Citizen. They honed their skills in EVE Online and other games like Second Life (the "flying dicks incident" ;-)

As a backer let me thank the Goons for participating in the playtesting and documenting their results in these videos.

Have fun

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Updated with more news from the front!

Have faith commandos!

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Erillion said:

The Goons have been in the SC campaign for years now (late 2013/early 2014 at least). Some have been creative (see the video below ... hat off to the Independence War fan that adapted this for SC).

The voice acting in that was great, better than in a lot of games I have played!
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    The Goons have been involved in EVE for many years. Did they destroy the game ? Nope

The goons will be involved in SC without a doubt. Will they destroy the game ? Nope
    What will be interesting to see is how much of this emergent gameplay will actually be permitted, or even encouraged by the Devs.

Theres a benefit to having villians in a game, and their money spends the same.

Kyleran said:
    What will be interesting to see is how much of this emergent gameplay will actually be permitted, or even encouraged by the Devs.

I expect CIG to let them do a lot of things in the outer pirate systems. Allowing them to create "wretched hives of scum and villainy" ;-)

When it comes to the heavily policed inner systems, i think they will come down hard ... having learned from EVE the usual ways to exploit in "high sec" space  (suicide pack killing, trade scamming etc.).

CIG could always introduce "magical" no-fire zones or zones were ships are more or less indestructible, making ramming for kills useless. And invent in game reasons for it  (mandatory build in cut-offs, tractor beams etc.). They can give the police insanely short reaction times. Or use the instance system to collect trouble makers in the same instances so they can troll and harass each other .... 

Have fun
  • chillizchilliz Member UncommonPosts: 96
    edited February 2016
    how the hell do people know this is even Goon squad???

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Erillion said:
    Kyleran said:

I expect CIG to let them do a lot of things in the outer pirate systems. Allowing them to create "wretched hives of scum and villainy" ;-)

When it comes to the heavily policed inner systems, i think they will come down hard ... having learned from EVE the usual ways to exploit in "high sec" space  (suicide pack killing, trade scamming etc.).

CIG could always introduce "magical" no-fire zones or zones were ships are more or less indestructible, making ramming for kills useless. And invent in game reasons for it  (mandatory build in cut-offs, tractor beams etc.). They can give the police insanely short reaction times. Or use the instance system to collect trouble makers in the same instances so they can troll and harass each other .... 

Have fun
    I love how this game produces all these fantasies, like "outer pirate systems" and emergent gameplay when CIG has not even finished half the ships they sold and the ones "finished" don't even have shields or working physics.

They can't even get the weapons on the Ships done or working correctly, how you expect them to have working weapons on the Stations.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Have faith!

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

MrSnuffles said:how you expect them to have working weapons on the Stations.

Through hard work.

Have fun
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I wonder if CIG is smart enough to prevent such blatant trolling.  I don't mind pvp and hostile areas at all but taking advantage of game mechanics are disgusting and if CIG doesn't figure out how to fix it then GG.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    filmoret said:
    I wonder if CIG is smart enough to prevent such blatant trolling.  I don't mind pvp and hostile areas at all but taking advantage of game mechanics are disgusting and if CIG doesn't figure out how to fix it then GG.
    --> http://imperialnews.network/2016/01/10-for-the-chairman-episode-75/

"(6:56) Q: What are your long term plans to deter or punish players for poor behaviour?

A: We view the Mini PU as a sandbox testbed, we don’t want to build in a “nanny state” from the beginning but we’ll evolve systems where we see players abusing things. We’ve always had plans for bounties with both NPC and player enforcement. When you are attacked your ship broadcasts it. If the broadcast is picked up by Communication Satellites and the attack was in a safe zone a bounty will be placed on the attacker. This may also lead to emergent gameplay like taking down Communication Satellites before a heist which in turn will spawn missions like you currently see in Crusader. As we get more more persistence in-game we’ll also start putting in elements of reputation."

Have fun

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Erillion said:
    Kyleran said:

Better to find it now in Alpha and Beta testing than after launch. CIG already stated that they look with interest at the way people exploit the system, so they can patch the loopholes for the final version of the game.

Keep in mind that the police and bounty system is not activated yet in the Alpha. Like in EVE a lot of griefers would be killed by the advocacy police ships before doing any lasting damage. The permadeath system will also make suicide zerging a lot more laborous process.

Shooting from outside the no-fire zone should be no problem ... extended the zone beyond weapon range and/or use shields around the station.

Ramming other ships .... put up shield barriers between landing pads and/or harshly treat any misbehaviour with station laser fire on the landing area (if someone is playing Elite:Dangerous, they may know this ... the station controllers are a no-nonsense lot and kill off anyone fooling around over the wrong landing pad, destroying ships with extreme prejudice after a short while.... that includes loitering over the landing pads).

As everyone has an unlimited number of new ships they can get for free from the Port ship dispenser, everyone can blow up ships to their hearts content in Alpha 2.1   :-)

Recently its more the dregs from the somethingawful.com community (that spawned the Goons many years ago) that are practising their usual predictable propaganda metagaming on Star Citizen. They honed their skills in EVE Online and other games like Second Life (the "flying dicks incident" ;-)

As a backer let me thank the Goons for participating in the playtesting and documenting their results in these videos.

Have fun

Nah man.. If SC is a sanbox with lots of freedom, the only way to stop the goons will be to kill them.  If Roberts tries to stop them he will gut the game in the process. It's gotta be player driven.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Evil player factions make PvP games more fun as long as they play as an evil player faction and not a bunch of antisocial kids taking advantage of unintended game mechanics to ruin other people's enjoyment of the game.  Blocking bridges in AA just to annoy people comes to mind as an example of the latter.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Reason in itself for advoiding this game.  Goon Squad makes it their mission to make everyone else as miserable as possible in game. 
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    "Oh no! The bogeymen! I do not consent! I do not consent! I do not cons...."

((( boom in space )))

I would think, if anything, people consider how some of these "goons" push limits in the tech demo to show what needs improvement and how to better prepare the game system so the people, who don't want to have a pvp experience, can have a better experience.

Aside from that, a good number of them are particularly bright and creative. It's possible you don't recognize it.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Do not really expect the top SC hierarchy to be as competent or agile as the goons.  Roberts will be obsessing on boot laces, or mocap, or his latest video.  Fiddling away as SC is burned.  

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• DaderickDaderick Member UncommonPosts: 48
    The bounty system along with policing will keep them to a minimum in normal space and they'll be free to do what they want in the unruled areas just like they should be.  

Keep in mind that each area is going to be instanced so they won't even be able to get 100 ships in one place to try anything completely disruptive.  Even if they did it would only affect that one instance.  Good luck ruining the game for everyone.  The plan if to put known griefers in similar instances so they can just grief each other.

Visit us over at Star Citizen Privateer!