Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: New Dawn has been removed from the Games List. Why?

Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
Why has Darkfall: New Dawn been removed from the games list?

I thought that Ub3rgames only recently signed a contract for Darkfall and the plan was to re-release it in a couple of months?

Best Answers

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorLegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Answer ✓
    @Mors.Magne  It has not been removed. It was disabled after the game closed and we are quite well aware of the change in development teams. We are, however, waiting for some documentation feedback from Ub3rgames so we can correctly update the existing list prior to enabling it again.

Thanks for your patience.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorLegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Answer ✓
    Yep, what Suzie said. We originally re-used the old Darkfall listing and edited it. We got a slew of emails about how we should create a new listing for New Dawn, so we are. If you go to the cancelled games list, you'll find the old Darkfall listing there.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Answers

• A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Great News, Looking to see what changes /improvements they will make on this

• A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258
    SBFord said:
    @Mors.Magne  It has not been removed. It was disabled after the game closed and we are quite well aware of the change in development teams. We are, however, waiting for some documentation feedback from Ub3rgames so we can correctly update the existing list prior to enabling it again.

@SB will Conan Exile be getting a spot as well? 

Thanks in advance

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    SBFord said:

Thank you! I'm pleased Darkfall's going ahead. 

I miss the islands on the periphery of the world that enabled me to adventure solo.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    A1learjet said:
    SBFord said:

@SB will Conan Exile be getting a spot as well? 

Thanks in advance
    You better believe it! :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Cybersig211Cybersig211 Member UncommonPosts: 173
    edited February 2016

Oh wait so they finally cracked and are allowing someone else to bring back the original darkfall?

Man that game, with its original developers, what that game could have been...it was so sad to see what was a completely epic PVE game be totally overshadowed by the full loot pvp and pvpers who didn't want to play but had to macro and hack to get ahead.

Really though what they (the original devs) were trying to do with darkfall before it ran out of money and the devs bounced and remaining people moved to Greece...was something special.

Sadly the reinvention of original darkfall is going to be much like the old darkfall.  The only people interested are going to be clan pvpers because pve players are too afraid to play, and too lazy to bank often to secure their gains.  Full of macroing skills and hacking in pvp, with a pvp skill threshold so high only hackers and the truly gifted will be able to do anything more than be fodder....just like original darkfall.

Oh and AOC in a sandbox survival setting?  Yes please.  Still to this day I feel the AOC combat may be my absolute favorite, in both the class options and execution of combat...for a non action "tera" type game at least.  So sad the horrible 1 year between launch and it being fixed totally devastated what was a really good game.