Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elite: Dangerous PvP Standalone

rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
edited February 2016 in Elite: Dangerous

Just copying the blurb

Today we are very excited to announce the launch of a new stand-alone product, Elite Dangerous: Arena.

Arena is the PVP mode already in Elite Dangerous so all players who own Elite Dangerous or Elite Dangerous: Horizons will already have access to it. Simply select Arena (previously labelled CQC) from the in-game main menu to play.

We believe Elite Dangerous: Arena is a compelling game in its own right and want to offer it to players whose main goal is to play fast paced PVP space combat action. This will open Elite Dangerous to a whole new group of players, all of whom you can play against in the Close Quarter Combat Championships (CQC) in Arena mode in Elite Dangerous and Elite Dangerous: Horizons. So if you haven’t played CQC already we have a number of challenges starting today that you can join in with.

Elite Dangerous: Arena is available to new players right now on our store and on steam for £4.99/$7.49.

Click here to learn more about Arena.

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    No more looking for slaughter in an entire galaxy of stars ?  ;-)

Have fun
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Seems like a good idea

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2016
    does having a separate pvp game mean there is/might be also a pve only game available? I would give E:D a try if i can fly a ship without any pvp.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    does having a separate pvp game mean there is/might be also a pve only game available? I would give E:D a try if i can fly a ship without any pvp.
    There was a solo PvE mode since the beginning.

Have fun