Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, what are you playing?

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
For the first half of 2016 have you decided what you are or will be playing? I honestly don't know yet. I might try Devilian end of this week and Path of Exile next month from F2P. From B2P/P2P, I honestly dunno...For me I'm trying to find a multiplayer game with strong endgame character progression that it's not about chasing achievements like kill/craft 100,000 things or level 10+ alts to max level.

Legion, Lineage Eternal, Lost Ark, Tree of Savior are the first MMO's I have hype left in 2nd half of 2016. Then there is these other ones like Chronicles of Elyria, Camelot Unchained, Crowfall and Warhammer 40k...hopefully one of them won't be a disappointment. I also would love if I can find some other non traditional kill/raid pvp/pve type game with progression like Pangya was while ago.

So, what are you playing or will be playing in the first half of 2016?

Comments

• KabulozoKabulozo Member UncommonPosts: 884
    I'm stuck in single player games until a MMO worth playing appears. Maybe Lineage Eternal can put me in the business again if they replicate the magic of Lineage 1.
  • IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Wastland 2
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    edited February 2016
    Naval Action. A great new EA MMO on steam....if you like the age of sail anyway.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311310/

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 2,906
    Vendetta Online, and I'm also having a lot of fun in the kickstarted (not a backer) squad-tactics and arranged-marriage simulator Massive Chalice.  Dwarf Fortress I am taking a hiatus from but I plan to go back to at some point; it is a dauntingly complex game: learning to play feels how I imagine learning to read hieroglyphics does.

I am also learning to code Java in my spare time, while approaching it like a game.

The last time I played Vendetta Online, I had something like this happen to me:

Except it was only 2v1; however, they were scrubs, and I had to show them so.  I don't always come out on top like that, so now I'm almost afraid to log back in: I just want to let the experience simmer for a while.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 4 tracks in Distance

• PpiperPpiper Member RarePosts: 1,027
    Trying EQ2 for the 20th time. Maybe this time it'll stick.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,450
    As of right this minute Duelyst and FinalFantasy 3,not the FFVI so called copy but the real FF3.

I sometimes dabble in FFXI for a bit,i just like the combat and classes,no other game captures me in those two area.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,824
    EQ2 and WildStar for MMO
    Just finished MGSV and am waiting for FarCry Primal.
    Playing Dying Light the Following now having loads of fun. Wish the whole game was like this expansion

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,921
    Naruto Shipupuden Ninja Storm 4, WWE 2k16 and Blade And Soul.

Blade And Soul will take a back seat once Black Desert launches.  =)
  • 4Renziks4Renziks Member UncommonPosts: 390
    playing wildstar as well as league. will be trying BDO and albion at some point.  as far as mobile iam playing FF IX and crashlands. 

playing: Dragon Age
    Waiting: for FF14, Mass Effect
    Want to try: Fallen Earth

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,919
    My six EVE subs just autorenewed for another year, so not seeing much else on the near horizon

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,629
    edited February 2016
    Games I have played this winter.
    Banished: Sort of ok because it is unforgiving, but still a bit to go to reach the good Settlers 2-3 and 6.
    Warframe: Pretty fun but grindy as hell, and lacks diversity and character progression.
    Devilian: Had a blast for exactly two weeks, then suddenly I was done with it.
    ARK Survival Evolved: To return at a later date. I found it a bit too tedious and I never found a server with good rules.. because you can't seach for servers with specific rules.
    Earlier 2015:
    Firefall: Loved it, nice class and coop mechanics. Themeparkish but the world is kindda open. Good potential and I will be coming back once it has matured more.
    Dungeon Defenders 2: They really can't seem to hit the magic of DD1 in my opinion, but I know some likes it.
    EQ2 Progression: It was fun to see the old places and with plenty players to run with, but when the first expansion hit I burned out.

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    SWG Reckoning. Found a home and a cure for my MMORPG blues.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Blade&Soul and League. 
  • huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210
    i have been playing a lot of indie games on the ps4 the main pc game i have come back to is lotro . but i am having fun wiuth rebel galaxy and i picked up the remaining lego games on steam when they had thier sale (They are of course for the nephew)
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,871
    Vendetta Online, and I'm also having a lot of fun in the kickstarted (not a backer) squad-tactics and arranged-marriage simulator Massive Chalice.  Dwarf Fortress I am taking a hiatus from but I plan to go back to at some point; it is a dauntingly complex game: learning to play feels how I imagine learning to read hieroglyphics does.

I am also learning to code Java in my spare time, while approaching it like a game.

The last time I played Vendetta Online, I had something like this happen to me:

Except it was only 2v1; however, they were scrubs, and I had to show them so.  I don't always come out on top like that, so now I'm almost afraid to log back in: I just want to let the experience simmer for a while.
    Massive Chalice ..+1 very cool unique spin on a 4x ..
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,629
    edited February 2016
    There is no better way to learn than while trying to create a game. Check out LibGDX the best java game development library... and start with really low ambitions so you don't burn out on complexity on the first try :D .. and small steps is the key, make something work, add/change something and make that work, repeat.
  • FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    edited February 2016
    I managed to get a Black Desert beta key from some Italian site so will be trying that out in two days, first MMORPG I touch in a while. I'm going to play through Planescape Torment and Commandos 2 soon, two of my favourite childhood games.

Other games I'll most likely play are Civilization 5, Europa Universalis IV, Cities Skylines, Path of Exile, Quake Live, Unreal Tournament, CS:GO, Transport tycoon.

Games that aren't released but look interesting are Stellaris, Hearts of Iron IV, Transocean 2, Camelot Unchained, Master of Orion.

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I recently came back to ESO.

Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

• Nayr752Nayr752 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I'm playing Guild Wars 2 right now and some Final Fantasy Online; A Realm Reborn.
  • NirimetusNirimetus Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Currently i am playing more PoE, but i alternate between Divine Divinity Enhanced Edition, Elite Dangerous, Mount Your Friends, Melody's Escape, Mercenary Kings, Darkspore or anything that i find on my laptop, honestly i am freaking bored to death waiting for Tree of Savior.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,771
    D3, fallout 4, probably Life is Strange.
  • RobokappRobokapp Member RarePosts: 6,079
    Rift - Nightmare Tide

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,708
    X-Com 2 and SWTOR mostly. Played a bit of BnS too while waiting for Black Desert.
    With a new game on my mind, all of the others have been suffering a bit. :D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Wildstar - dat Redmoon raid , Wasteland 2, thinking of going back and playing Planescape Torment
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,867
    Attila: Total War and the occasional Dragon's Dogma.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor