Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

star wars galaxies- life after death

ok so noticed  the subforum is up and running now
reading the rules think it meets the creteria as it is offically shutdown
and guessing it probably is the most popular mmorpg ever shutdown it should probably be the first to get a post on this subforum
for those who have the SWG itch that needs scratching then  try out SWGEMU  http://www.swgemu.com/forums/index.php  or the other one is swg reborn
swgemu is more stable and more of the pre cu pre jedi era .it also comes with the bad stuff from back then ie lag(not as severe),no locked encounter,perma camped mobs and new addition of botting.
however in  all that there is the magic of what made swg a true alternative  world to live in for those that recall the game
worth a try i say
i have not played in a year but had good 6 months fun on and off on it.current players please share your views.

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628
    So is SWGEmu still the most feature complete out of all precu projects?
  • irnbru69irnbru69 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Ive been part of this project on and off since it was in stress testing, im sure swg was still live at this point.
    I have played on various different servers and emu is the best ofc, if you really want a better experience then you need to download all the mods which include, better music, better graphics, better flora, terrain and sweet fx. There is a mod section on there forums.
    Ill go back to this when its finally launched and the big wipe comes. They deserve awards for keeping this going, good luck to them.

Nice thanks.  I messed with SWGEmu in 07 I think?  I'll have to check it out again.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Foomerang said:
    Nice thanks.  I messed with SWGEmu in 07 I think?  I'll have to check it out again.
    I'd look into Bloodfin's server, they have a lot more in the game than the original EMU, there are also a number of others featuring different iterations of galaxies (NGE, JTL, etc..). 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I tried it recently.   First thing you need to do is change the UI to be like new MMOs.  It was like when  I went back to DAOC I could barely move around :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Distopia said:
    Foomerang said:
    I'd look into Bloodfin's server, they have a lot more in the game than the original EMU, there are also a number of others featuring different iterations of galaxies (NGE, JTL, etc..). 
    Thanks disto! I've been craving some mmorpg action lately.
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    SWGemu, I've been following and waiting on that project to complete since 2007. Basilisk is great server that I was part of, but since I start dual clienting with rifleman and swordsman to farm those sisters as well do most of my PvP, since dual client triumphs vs single players (auto following and what not)...I stopped playing.

Basilisks economy is ruined by now, plus half at least of the numbers you see there are second afk surveying resources on looping accounts. I hope they get rid of dual clienting and I do hope they deliver the new server after almost a decade of waiting...

• Dragon43591Dragon43591 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    reason why hardly anyone plays the emus is BECAUSE its pre-cu I saw more people in nge than i ever have playing those pre-cu variants. Plus there was more to do in NGE like quest and travel with comrades and ride in a vehicle with more than one person.... Thats what draws me away from pre-cu nothing is getting added just refined.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    reason why hardly anyone plays the emus is BECAUSE its pre-cu I saw more people in nge than i ever have playing those pre-cu variants. Plus there was more to do in NGE like quest and travel with comrades and ride in a vehicle with more than one person.... Thats what draws me away from pre-cu nothing is getting added just refined.
    the only reason I don't play these emu's is server stability. Every time I've been on it was such a severe desync I never saw anyone move, never saw an npc move, combat was  happening a minute after I initiated it. If not for that, I'd be all over it.
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Foomerang said:
    last time i played it was .been a while now so unsure how far they got