Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3D is officially dead. Samsung stops making 3D TV.

124»

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Ridelynn said:
    Well you can still buy pet rocks too. 

Oh, sorry, I thought you were arguing that 3D was dead. I totally agree that 3D is here to stay for good. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited February 2016
    CrazKanuk said:
    Ridelynn said:

Oh, sorry, I thought you were arguing that 3D was dead. I totally agree that 3D is here to stay for good. 
    and to be honest it was here to stay for good before 3D Tvs even came out.

I think the first 3d glasses I ever saw was before 1980

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    I doubt 3D will disappear anytime soon. I remember my first 3D movie was in early 90s with the red and blue glasses. Maybe the 3D TVs since theyre not very practical (expensive TV, expensive glasses, expensive players, etc) and they kinda lose their appeal after a while. My 3DS which doesnt even need glasses stays 2D most of the time now. I still wouldnt mind owning one... hell, main reason I want a VR headset is so I can use it as a personal 3D TV, lol. I really dont care about motion tracking or any of those other peripherals Ive seen. If 3D TVs couldnt take off I really dont think every living room will have this in it either.
    Kayo83 said:
    I doubt 3D will disappear anytime soon. I remember my first 3D movie was in early 90s with the red and blue glasses. Maybe the 3D TVs since theyre not very practical (expensive TV, expensive glasses, expensive players, etc) and they kinda lose their appeal after a while. My 3DS which doesnt even need glasses stays 2D most of the time now. I still wouldnt mind owning one... hell, main reason I want a VR headset is so I can use it as a personal 3D TV, lol. I really dont care about motion tracking or any of those other peripherals Ive seen. If 3D TVs couldnt take off I really dont think every living room will have this in it either.
    I think the vast majority of VR peripherals will fail. From personal experience using VR headset the number 1 if not the only downside is the bother of pulling it out of the closet, hooking it up, selecting a game that works (this part will clearly not be an issue). So the setup and maintenance of things like on your image is just not going to work in the main. that is what I am thinking anyway

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited February 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Ridelynn said:

and to be honest it was here to stay for good before 3D Tvs even came out.

I think the first 3d glasses I ever saw was before 1980

Stereoscopic film with 3d glasses was actually a fad back in the 1950's. They tried to make a resurgence around 1980 on television, I remember going to 7-11 to get your free cardboard glasses to watch some 1950's movie on TV. 

The technology itself really hasn't changed all that much and seems to make a resurgence every 2nd generation or so.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    CrazKanuk said:
    Ridelynn said:

Damn got me there. Pet rocks are just as popular today as they were in the 1970's. I'm sure it's a top seller at Amazon, and drives a lot of revenue.

I have no response, I've been burned. 
    Ridelynn said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Ridelynn said:

Damn got me there. Pet rocks are just as popular today as they were in the 1970's. I'm sure it's a top seller at Amazon, and drives a lot of revenue.

3D technology has about as much to do with VR as pet rocks

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    SEANMCAD said:
    Ridelynn said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Ridelynn said:

3D technology has about as much to do with VR as pet rocks
    Yup. All 3 are fads.
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    VR headset (though it is not ready VR) give many possibility for changing gameplay .

The head tracking alone can bring evolve to first person game .

Current biggest problem is moving in 3D space , we need something less tire than treadmill to sit /stand , run/walk and jump .
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited February 2016
    Who needs "active 3D" when you can get 4k OLED - very, very pretty. OK they are bring sold as 3D as well but that's a detail.