Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[TWITCH] - That Awkward Moment when the New Guy Spills the Beans

2»

Comments

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Sovrath said:

New Guy: "All models are completely re-done!"

So all player models are going to be completely re-done. After 3 years (or 5 depending which camp you are in) in development they still don't have the player model done and still don't have a female version. Sometimes i wonder what they are doing over there.

Never mind, they are "being" completely redone". In any case it looks like you are creating drama where this isn't any. So what if they are being completely redone? That's a good thing.
    What is odd about redoing character models during development?

There is a concerted effort by some folks to throw out common sense or just ignore what DEVELOPMENT means to try and shit on anything to do with SC. Really sad. 

Yeah sure, considering they had really nice looking and working character models in all the Star Marine Videos. Where did those go? Oh right, they are in the PU, that's all in it already.

I thought they can re-use the Star Marine assets, seems to me they can't even re-use the character models. Makes you wonder.

Not having a working character model after 3 years (or 5 depending on view) of development is not normal at all.

Character model is one of the basic things that should be finished first. Not talking about all animations and such but just the basic model. Re-doing it completely is showing nothing less than incompetence and that nothing was planned ahead of time.

The only need to re-do the character models completely is if they don't work with your requirements and that in turn means that whoever runs this sinking ship has no idea about game development. You can guess who that is.

Have faith!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229

Everyone: *awkward silence*

Just watched the section you are referring to and he actually says

"All models are being completely re done"

And there is no awkward silence so...wtf man, stop making stuff up. 

I wouldn't call it an awkward silence but Ben shooting the new guy a dirty look says a lot. When they quickly change the subject the one guy standing up does a little smirk. So either the new guy said news that was going to be announced later or he said something that he should not have said at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chris was standing off camera with the guys pink slip in hand.
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    that was freaking hilarious. They changed the subject so fast! LOLOLOLOL

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

Everyone: *awkward silence*

Just watched the section you are referring to and he actually says

"All models are being completely re done"

And there is no awkward silence so...wtf man, stop making stuff up. 
    There most certainly was! And they quickly changed the subject to pants. Guess you missed the black guys expression in the background as well huh?

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited February 2016
    Because:

"All models are completely redone" = "All models are about to be completely redone"

[mod edit]
    Post edited by Amana on
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Kefo said:
    First one means they already wasted the money, while the second one means they are about to waste money, potentially multiple times since CR demands perfection.
    Well, this and the fact everything having to do with Illfonic has been shrouded into obscurity. Backers want to know wth happened. When you look at these old fps demos from 2014 to mid 2015, all the nifty, no less beautiful fps action (which isn't mocap) was Illfonic. The question has been directly asked and answered recently, "How much of Illfonic assets are still included in the game", to which we hear something to the effect of, "alot and you will see more", but that's not, apparently, true if there's this overhaul to the very basis of the figure animation.

So what now will we see of the money spent to fps for the better part of two years? Background animation? Small arms depiction? Why did Roberts fire them in the first place? Did they know of these complicated issues on the horizon and want more money? Could they have fixed this? Apparently, the people replacing Illfonic can't, so we get new models, from the "skeleton", up.

There's a problem right now, a gaping abscess in a major aspect of a promise important to a number of backers. Is it properly being diagnosed and remedied?

It's never lupus.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Seems to me the haterz spend more time watching and analysing the CIG podcasts than the fans of the game, lol

Amazing how loud a vanishingly small group of "critics" can get. The silent majority is unconcerned though, and just occasionally smiles at their antics. An occasional pat on the head and then they are ignored again...
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    That video alone should set to rest why SC is in such a shambles.
    I saw a whole room full of dunce caps,all they needed in there was Ben Brode  and the room would be complete.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

I guess it depends on what degree of incompetence and/or malfeasance is happening and to what critical lengths one must go to distinguish it. Rather than saying, "Nothing to see here!", you could try to dispute the issue...

...but you can't because you're not even trying to become as educated on the whole affair. I know, for a solid fact, if a rational person took all available details and splay them out as we do, that person would come to, at least, some semblance of understanding I have.

Look at what's presented, establish how I'm being deceitful, or stop blindly defending the company with "na na, you're a so and so". Get it together or get out.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Seems to me the haterz spend more time watching and analysing the CIG podcasts than the fans of the game, lol

Amazing how loud a vanishingly small group of "critics" can get. The silent majority is unconcerned though, and just occasionally smiles at their antics. An occasional pat on the head and then they are ignored again...

what vanishingly small? I would say the number of critics is slowly growing on all forums. People are starting to question things more and I think every time CR opens his mouth he shakes the confidence of a few more people.
    Kefo said:

what vanishingly small? I would say the number of critics is slowly growing on all forums.
    This is absolutely true. It needs to be true.
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    They still have more control over at Reddit, they just get the clan to down vote any post they disagree with. Heck they argued to have it here a while ago. But even on SC forums you see more and more people with questions and doubts and never being answered by CR. 

The truth about this whole scam is going to come out soon and I can't wait for that day. Then maybe we can start changing how KS/Crowdfunding is done and stop the scammers from increasing. Get back to gaming. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• SteelhelmSteelhelm Member UncommonPosts: 332
    It took roughly 5 years to develop WoW and Swtor. As ambitious as SC is, it'll be out in 2021. Probably takes 10 years to develop something like that...
    Talking about games where thousands of players exist simultaneously in a single instance and mechanics related to such games.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited February 2016

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    That video was hilariously horrible levels of cringe.

Even if I did put money into this I would never watch that thing, I have no respect for my free time.  I watched like 2 mins and regret that much.
  • VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Jeeze, those guys are going to die of diabetes long before the game is finished.

Come on guys the obese, sedentary code developer thing went out in the 90s. Do some exercise... go for a freakin walk once a day at least! Put a desk elliptical under your office chair... something!

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    Velocinox said:
    Jeeze, those guys are going to die of diabetes long before the game is finished.

Come on guys the obese, sedentary code developer thing went out in the 90s. Do some exercise... go for a freakin walk once a day at least! Put a desk elliptical under your office chair... something!

Someone needed to say it.

Because it's true.

There's enough morbid obesity going around in that video that worrying about Star Citizen should be the last thing a couple of them are thinking about.

And yes , two of them have a good chance of keeling over from heart attacks before the game ever releases.

This discussion has been closed.