Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ub3rgames Aiming to Bring Back Old School Fun

2»

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Wizardry said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    I plan to only buy it if it has a personal server option
    You know i never gave that idea any thought but sounds like a great ideal for any and every game.Problem is that it does dilute the community,games servers need to feel populated/full.One of DF's biggest problems was a large world that looked and felt empty.

I am not about to write a book on what changes should be implemented as well as additions,i'll just wait and see what happens.Obviously "emptiness" "cheating" are two major concerns that need to be addressed.
    agreed completely

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    How many times am I going to have to read this sentence?

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275
    O wauw, they gonna add more PvE? Gotta admire their guts. I bought DFO on launch but i never really got into it. I liked the idea's it had but i wasn't much into the gankfest. Wished it had more PvE back then. Mentioning that back then would made you a "carebear" and you getting bombarded with people who disagreed and told you to f off. I knew that the game wouldn't be for me after that, i don't mind the pvp but i wished it had more to do beside that, don't see how that could hurt the game but i can see how for die hard pvpers it seemed like "He want's this game to be changed just like all those other MMORPG's". I hope they find a good balans so the fans of the whole gankfest can have their fix still.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    edited February 2016
    I like the changes announced. I am not looking forward to finding a way to bind every ability in the game. Definitely my biggest problem with what people say about DFO. I'm hoping they will find a way that everyone isn't everything all the time or they can but take a reduction in damage or power for certain skills when others are selected....hopefully some trade off so people have to make decisions.

I like the watch tower idea, and agree that they are going to need to bring in a quite a few things from DFUW (territory control, all the ships, faster travel speed on roads, the armor system etc).

My second biggest issue with DFUW and the original was that everyone is kill on site, that isn't in your guild or alliance. Hopefully they will design a system that will have people of the same race not wanting to kill each other all the time.

It would be a very good thing for this game to attempt to appeal to thick skinned "carebears" by having enough important non PvP things to do. DFUW did a pretty good job, but there was a lot of improvement available in appealing to the non hardcore PvPers.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I'll be playing.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    I too look forward to this.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Someone mentioned ganking,i never had any problems with ganking,although i only played for about 2 weeks.
    I really did not see enough players to get ganked lol,most i ever saw at one time was like maybe 3.

They need a bucket load more npc's,they need some sort of PVE epic style content,like for example those Goblins in a raid all attack various forts and the players and npc's join in to fight them off.You can even tie loot into it,if the goblins win the battle,players lose loot,if players and npc's win they get loot.
    Even more fun if yo u actually have those Goblins form a large partry in a random place then you can see  them horde wailing across the land heading towards a fort.

You can even have "valuable" npc's then if Goblins win they capture some of those valued NPC's,so you lose access to them until they are either saved or you win the next showdown.

That is the kind of stuff i like in my mmo's,ideas that bring all the players together in an epic battle that is not always pvp.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Kopogero said:
    I too look forward to this.
    They should charge money just to be sure Kop can't play it.
  • SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Best game ever made, but i just don't think the gaming community of today has enough real gamers to populate one server let alone two,

In this post you can already see a few of the guys that make up the majority of the current MMO playerbase, they dont want skill based pvp, they dont want full loot adrenaline filled battle, they dont want real hatred filled rivalries with other alliances and epic seiges.

They want straight forward everyone is a hero, im still special if i play 1 hour a day, i should be as good as a guy whos trains 10 hours a day , i kill a big boss and get shiny loot.

Unless some miracle happens and the softcore gamer grows some balls im pretty sure this will fail, but im hoping it doesnt because my god i want dfo back.

GL Ub3rgames / BPG

I hope they succeed as well, I think the main reason DF1 the first time around couldn't retain new players was due to a few things...lvl gap, vocal community and of course the gank squads that basically went out of there way to make the game miserable for anyone new.

If a new player wasn't taken under a good clans wing...they likely quit due to the above, hopefully they address this correctly on release.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Without rules or penalties to stop trolls and gankers these games are destined for failure. Even as prohibitive as killing is in Life is feudal you still have people rolling new spawns and maxing out certain sliders and just going out and trolling people for a few hours until they die then they just reroll.

As long as other people play the game then 'hardcore' PvP is going to fail because people just like watching stuff burn to the ground.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    rodarin said:
    Without rules or penalties to stop trolls and gankers these games are destined for failure. Even as prohibitive as killing is in Life is feudal you still have people rolling new spawns and maxing out certain sliders and just going out and trolling people for a few hours until they die then they just reroll.

As long as other people play the game then 'hardcore' PvP is going to fail because people just like watching stuff burn to the ground.
    Well a couple factors.  The world has to be large, which DFO has.  And the population has to match the size of the world.  I was able to play and not lose wealth every time I logged in and PvEd in DFUW.  If the server had triple the amount of people I would have lost wealth every play session and eventually not been able to farm for gear and would have been poor. 

I have no idea how they will find the perfect balance and convince players of the same faction not to kill each other on site automatically.  I just hope they find a way without completely destroying freedom.
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    As above. They need to find motivation to stick together as a race. The idea from the beginning, before the beta etc, was that the races would have a large impact. It worked OK in DFO, but got completely removed in DFUW. I hope that there will be reasons so go with all dwarves in a clan.
  • RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Can't wait

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• TehhiTehhi Member UncommonPosts: 26
    >>New Dawn will be a subscription based game.

We feel this is the only viable choice for a niche game like ours, but it is also the only sustainable way of providing a quality product.

OMG, not again! ESO and Wildstar told us EXACTLY the same thing!
  • kdchankdchan Member UncommonPosts: 79
    edited February 2016

OMG, not again! ESO and Wildstar told us EXACTLY the same thing!

Come on, you can't compare two shitty themepark wow clone with a full sandbox mmorpg like UO and EVE. And are exactly UO and EVE good example of subscription succesfull games, moreover in DF you can buy a item similar to the plex in EVE so you can play for free if you really want.
    The nextgen sandbox
    Crowfall - LiF: MMO - Darkfall: New Dawn
  • RealityFoxRealityFox Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Was hoping for a B2P system but looking forward to seeing how this all pans out. Sounds like it has a lot of promise.
  • Ginger_MagicianGinger_Magician Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Congrats on finally securing the licence and I look forward to returning to my favourite ever MMO sometime soon
  • Nayr752Nayr752 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I cannot wait for Darkfall New Dawn to come out. I'll be playing as soon as it goes live again.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ZergmanZergman Member UncommonPosts: 41
    edited February 2016
    ROA is not a PvP centric vision for the game. It's purpose is to bring sandbox content to Darkfall online and this has been the case from the beginning.

It simply is not concerned with changing PvP meta as they it was seen by many as being the strongest area of the game.