Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of the game

jelliuzjelliuz Member UncommonPosts: 97
It is so funny to see the amount of unsubstantiated hate some people have for games nowadays. 

50% of the comments are completely out of context. I spent 10hours in this beta and while it certainly has flaws that they are working on, the rest is top notch. 

Combat and movement is superb. Every gun has true feeling to it and they all handle quite differently.
Music/ambience/atmosphere are all 10/10. (goddamn new york in a snow storm is cool) 
PVP needs a lot of work still but they plan on finetuning it. 
It has tons of RPG planning/min maxing/tons of loot and customizability.
The phasing technology is really on a next level, it just works really well. 
And while it might not be your standard MMO, the open world is truly open world, not a single loading screen and you feel like you are actually in a ruin of New York. The friends system works in such a good way that you don't even need to join a friend in party, they know someone is in your friendslist and they are always in this same world. (I know that the world has several instances but they don't tell you that) 
As for features, only 6% of the game is unlocked right now, on top of that, they dropped you in the middle of the story at level 4 so you don't get spoiled when you start the game the first time. 

The beta gives you access to 1 mission (there will be 10+ hours confirmed campaign on release), 2 skills, no specialty, levels 4 to 8, 1/5th of the map, 1/5th of the pvp map, reduced NPC spawns, no world events, a couple of side missions, no factions, etc etc.. The beta is basically nothing at all.  

If there is 1 thing to worry about instead of blindly hating on something you have no knowledge of, it is the blatant cheating on pc platform right now. They did say they are working on it and I truly hope they are because if that is still the case on release, the game will be dead on arrival. 

Who will like it ? 
People that would like to play a game with friends, like min maxing gear, like carrot on a stick progression and enjoy to participate in some nerve wrecking pvp now and then. 

Comments